Grigsby's next project

Started by bayonetbrant, May 21, 2014, 11:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Anyone know what Grigsby's up to next?

Apparently there was a temporary load of a few 'dummy' graphics on the Matrix page the other night, but they're already down.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

SgtRock

GG is a man with a plan, the next 10 - 15 years  O0:

- War in the West,
- War in the East 2,
- War in Europe 1940,
- War in the Med,
- World at War (some combo of all the War in the X titles).
- then maybe a Steel Panthers remake!

Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:

Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?


MIGMaster

Where is Steel Panthers 3D - that's what I want to know ? A game like that would hold me over another decade or so.  O0

Greybriar

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:

I doubt if I would live that long either.  ;)

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?

If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

SgtRock

A Grigsby 3D game!:crazy2: It make take another 10 to 20 years for some one to even make hardware that could run Grigsby 3D game!




MengJiao

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
GG is a man with a plan, the next 10 - 15 years  O0:

- War in the West,
- War in the East 2,
- War in Europe 1940,
- War in the Med,
- World at War (some combo of all the War in the X titles).
- then maybe a Steel Panthers remake!

Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:

Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?

  I suspect we will have game machines with screens and controllers (something like PCs more or less).  But there will be more immersive
interfaces like Occulus or sensory tanks available.  I think a screen is immersive enough for most games and that other interfaces won't be for games I like much.

sandman2575

Rather than a sequel to War in the East and what not, I would gladly settle for a refresh of War in the Pacific -- now with post-1995 graphics and updated user interface!   

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 01:18:35 PM
Rather than a sequel to War in the East and what not, I would gladly settle for a refresh of War in the Pacific -- now with post-1995 graphics and updated user interface!

  That would be something!  But I had such hopes for War in the East.  Maybe War in the East 2 will be a game I actually like.

Boggit

Quote from: Greybriar on May 21, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:

I doubt if I would live that long either.  ;)

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?

If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
Blimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Greybriar

Quote from: Boggit on May 21, 2014, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 21, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:

I doubt if I would live that long either.  ;)

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?

If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
Blimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I hope you're right!  ::)

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Keunert

i fell your pain Greybriar, i turned 40 this week. what a bummer. there's a passage in the bible that i can identify with now:

For, All flesh is as grass, And all the glory thereof as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower falleth.

:-[

The last of those Grigsby titles will be published for Google Ear.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Sir Slash

Wait'll you turn 50 and you have to check in the bed each morning for pieces of you that have fallen- off during the night. And you can make this face >:( without trying.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

tgb

I hear he's working on something called "Real World War  - War in the East", an implementation of the Eastern Front on Facebook where battles are decided by playing a Match-3 type game.

Anguille

#13
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)

Anguille

Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
According to Microsoft, we will all have a Surface 13...