GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:04:27 PM

Title: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:04:27 PM
Side scrolling 2d flight sim with a campaign that spans the whole Eastern Front from 1941 - 1945...I can't believe I have never heard of this before. It's on sale at Steam this weekend for 5.00. Anyone play this previously? I think it's been out for some time before getting to Steam.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:04:27 PM
Side scrolling 2d flight sim with a campaign that spans the whole Eastern Front from 1941 - 1945...I can't believe I have never heard of this before. It's on sale at Steam this weekend for 5.00. Anyone play this previously? I think it's been out for some time before getting to Steam.

link?
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Arctic Blast on August 08, 2014, 02:13:01 PM
I'll probably pick it up. Looks like it could be a fun little time waster.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 08, 2014, 02:22:08 PM
Crap. Its from 2007.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:37:59 PM
Yeah it's older but in checking it out it looked surprisingly deep. On my phone, so I couldn't grab the link from Steam.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 02:39:35 PM
Ha. I'm on my phone which is why I asked for the link :P
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:40:08 PM
I love you, man.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 02:47:16 PM
Btw, I went for two helpings of Cheez-Its and milk.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:49:45 PM
You would.

Nauseating.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 02:53:04 PM
Nauseatingly delicious.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 02:54:19 PM
You should get that tattooed somewhere.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 03:02:54 PM
Just below my belly button.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: endfire79 on August 08, 2014, 03:07:57 PM
Cool looks like a fun little 'scroller

http://www.indiedb.com/games/pe-2-dive-bomber/images (http://www.indiedb.com/games/pe-2-dive-bomber/images)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314770/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/314770/)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F2.JPG&hash=51f02a46120c788d48cc53d379c2b52549ae4d81)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F3.JPG&hash=236af3679321c1a85fe85ad2d471b8cd79106b5a)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F4.JPG&hash=f57d8872e5ca8b2ba28b476e9720666bf13a1004)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F5.JPG&hash=83a998d47c55b3a9b7b5dc488c1f5314fda853f2)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F8.1.JPG&hash=96b2f81e957be3916a202df96b81014303bc0430)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiedb.com%2Fcache%2Fimages%2Fgames%2F1%2F23%2F22621%2Fthumb_620x2000%2F9.JPG&hash=c202dace2a4ba1058780c4f018d42acd2be33c94)
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: mirth on August 08, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
Cool! Thanks!
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Cougar_DK on August 08, 2014, 03:23:58 PM
There's even a demo: http://www.indiedb.com/games/pe-2-dive-bomber/downloads

Tried it years ago, can't really remember much  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 05:01:18 PM
Looking it over now it looks good for 2007. For 5 dollah and a 50 mission campaign on the WWII Eastern Front you can't go wrong. Purchasing.
Title: Re: Pe-2 Dive Bomber
Post by: Gusington on August 09, 2014, 03:45:19 PM
Just played for a few minutes and it is a cute little game. You can play in a more arcade style or a more 'hardcore' style. Mouse controlled with an option for a joystick. Sound effects are good, graphics pretty good for 2007. Each mission of the first dozen or so can be played on it's own (instead of part of the long campaign). Game runs in a smallish window but it looks like there is a option to play at a slightly higher resolution. No regrets at 5.00. For it's simplicity and high quality it may turn out to be a favorite for a while :)