GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Title: Betrayer
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
In my search for a fitting autumn game (read: scary) I have re-discovered Betrayer, a first person game that puts the player in the shoes of a 17th century investigator in a North American colony looking for the reasons why the inhabitants have disappeared. Looks really atmospheric and creepy. Anyone playing it?

http://www.blackpowdergames.com/about/
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2014, 08:29:01 PM
Love the setting and plot. Very unique.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:42:17 PM
How many hours in did you get? Did you like the 17th century weapons?
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Rayfer on September 29, 2014, 08:47:33 PM
Couple of quite creepy trailers on Steam.  Very interesting looking game.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2014, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:42:17 PM
How many hours in did you get? Did you like the 17th century weapons?

Sorry. Never got it. I just meant in general that I like the idea of the plot and setting. It's been on sale before so I don't think I would jump now at full price.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
I know! :) Music sounds excellent. I like the use of black and white in the graphics too.

It's already been on sale? Damn.

I am trying to decide between Grim Dawn, tomorrow's Mordor release and Betrayer...
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 29, 2014, 09:30:39 PM
It got some pretty lackluster reviews when it came out. 

I'm looking at The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Toonces on September 29, 2014, 09:51:41 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 29, 2014, 09:30:39 PM
It got some pretty lackluster reviews when it came out. 


^ This.  Also, like JH said, it's been on sale pretty cheap previously.  I recommend not buying full price.

Besides, you have enough games.  Play Metro, or Amnesia, or something else you already have!   :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 29, 2014, 10:19:23 PM
or he can stop playing games for a night, run into the bedroom and whip out the aspara-Gus and see what happens.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
I finished both Amnesia and the Azz game. If it goes on sale that often maybe Grim Dawn is the way to go for now.

Looking on Metacritic right now it has a decent 72%, combined user and critical reviews. Grim Dawn has a stronger 86%, solely user reviews.
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Nefaro on September 30, 2014, 08:54:27 AM
Betrayer is one of the many games I purchased and never played.   A year ago, in this specific case.

:crazy2:
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: FarAway Sooner on September 30, 2014, 09:07:47 AM
Judging by the Subject heading and the poster, I thought this thread was going to be about the old Wargamer.com site!!

8)
Title: Re: Betrayer
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2014, 11:03:42 AM
What, me worry?