Main Menu

Betrayer

Started by Gusington, September 29, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

In my search for a fitting autumn game (read: scary) I have re-discovered Betrayer, a first person game that puts the player in the shoes of a 17th century investigator in a North American colony looking for the reasons why the inhabitants have disappeared. Looks really atmospheric and creepy. Anyone playing it?

http://www.blackpowdergames.com/about/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Love the setting and plot. Very unique.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

How many hours in did you get? Did you like the 17th century weapons?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Couple of quite creepy trailers on Steam.  Very interesting looking game.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 08:42:17 PM
How many hours in did you get? Did you like the 17th century weapons?

Sorry. Never got it. I just meant in general that I like the idea of the plot and setting. It's been on sale before so I don't think I would jump now at full price.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I know! :) Music sounds excellent. I like the use of black and white in the graphics too.

It's already been on sale? Damn.

I am trying to decide between Grim Dawn, tomorrow's Mordor release and Betrayer...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

It got some pretty lackluster reviews when it came out. 

I'm looking at The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Toonces

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 29, 2014, 09:30:39 PM
It got some pretty lackluster reviews when it came out. 


^ This.  Also, like JH said, it's been on sale pretty cheap previously.  I recommend not buying full price.

Besides, you have enough games.  Play Metro, or Amnesia, or something else you already have!   :knuppel2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

or he can stop playing games for a night, run into the bedroom and whip out the aspara-Gus and see what happens.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

I finished both Amnesia and the Azz game. If it goes on sale that often maybe Grim Dawn is the way to go for now.

Looking on Metacritic right now it has a decent 72%, combined user and critical reviews. Grim Dawn has a stronger 86%, solely user reviews.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Betrayer is one of the many games I purchased and never played.   A year ago, in this specific case.

:crazy2:

FarAway Sooner

Judging by the Subject heading and the poster, I thought this thread was going to be about the old Wargamer.com site!!

8)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd