http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Paradox%20Interactive&utm_source=Forum+Newsletter&utm_campaign=75edc5a44b-Paradox_Steam_Weekend_Send_Out&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c032ce068a-75edc5a44b-140415665 (http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Paradox%20Interactive&utm_source=Forum+Newsletter&utm_campaign=75edc5a44b-Paradox_Steam_Weekend_Send_Out&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c032ce068a-75edc5a44b-140415665)
I see "Pirates of the Black Cove" on sale for -155%, or $-5.51. Talk about a sale! "We'll pay you to buy this crappy game!"
Seriously though, anyone who doesn't own both Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV -- pick 'em both up for under $20. A steal if ever there were one.
Oh buggrit! Warlock 2.............
I must resist.
Knights of Pen And Paper +1 Edition is a good little game, especially if you spent any time playing RPGs in the 80s/early 90s.
QuoteQuote from: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 01:59:57 PM
Oh buggrit! Warlock 2.............
I must resist.
Futility...
I'm saving myself for Elite.........
The entire Victoria collection for $5.99. So don't need it. So gonna buy it.
Thanks for the heads-up, OJsDad.
Time to top off my EU IV DLC's.
I really like how the new Steam client highlights the games that you don't have and dims the ones that you have in your library. Makes it a lot easier to search for DLC's I don't have.
Knights of Honor for $1.50 is great deal. On older game yes but really, really fun.
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that. Is it any good? I have always wanted to try it. The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.
Same with Victoria 1/2
Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that. Is it any good? I have always wanted to try it. The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.
Same with Victoria 1/2
You won't have time for either. Just buy them and forget about it. :P
I bought EU III in the last sale to see if I liked it before considering buying EUIV. I haven't played it yet but I'll probably buy EUIV this weekend anyway (and not play it).
Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that. Is it any good? I have always wanted to try it. The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.
Same with Victoria 1/2
Sword of the Stars 2? I would say no, not worth it. It does not come close to Distant Worlds and the game overall is just a mess. The UI is setup for a crack induced gamer.... regardless of all the launch issues, the game even after being patched and up to date is still not worth it as AI issues still remain and again the UI is just a mess. Great concept that went down and never recovered.
I think Victoria 2 with the two major DLCs is a better game than EU IV.
PE
All for sale! All for sale! All for sale!
...sorry, was channeling Doctor Detroit there for a moment.
Quote from: PanzersEast on October 02, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that. Is it any good? I have always wanted to try it. The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.
Same with Victoria 1/2
Sword of the Stars 2? I would say no, not worth it. It does not come close to Distant Worlds and the game overall is just a mess. The UI is setup for a crack induced gamer.... regardless of all the launch issues, the game even after being patched and up to date is still not worth it as AI issues still remain and again the UI is just a mess. Great concept that went down and never recovered.
I think Victoria 2 with the two major DLCs is a better game than EU IV.
PE
Totally agree in regard to Sword of the Stars 2.
However Sword of the Stars 1 Complete Collection for £1.99 is definitely worth it.
You could pay an additional couple of quid to buy the Sword of the Stars Collection which includes SotS 2 just to see how bad it is but I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm thinking of EU IV and HOI III right now...
They can keep all those other untouched games company.
Quote from: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 02:47:22 PM
I'm saving myself for Elite.........
Are you, Bob? Good man. You save yer money, sunshine.
Tight-arsed Geordie git.........
Quote from: WallysWorld on October 02, 2014, 02:57:47 PMTime to top off my EU IV DLC's.
Me, too! As I wait for the new CK2 expansion, I have switched to EUIV. I needed ALL the expansion since I have been neglecting this game. Just got all four for $15! O0
Completed My CKII collection and my daughter picked up a bunch of stuff for Magicka. Great little sale.
HOI3 Collection question....sale for $11.24 includes the base game and four expansions, in order of release Semper FI, Dies Irae, For the Motherland and Their Finest Hour. Question is this....do each of the expansions build upon the base game, with each adding more and more. Or are these expansions stand alone games apart from the others? It's confusing from what I've read. Thanks.
Quote from: Rayfer on October 02, 2014, 05:19:31 PM
HOI3 Collection question....sale for $11.24 includes the base game and four expansions, in order of release Semper FI, Dies Irae, For the Motherland and Their Finest Hour. Question is this....do each of the expansions build upon the base game, with each adding more and more. Or are these expansions stand alone games apart from the others? It's confusing from what I've read. Thanks.
All add to the base game and are generally seen in varying degrees to be very necessary paid for patches to the base game. If you are going to play HOI3 at all best advice is to buy the lot when, as they are now, they are substantially discounted.
Quote from: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 02:47:22 PM
I'm saving myself for Elite.........
Are you, Bob? Good man. You save yer money, sunshine.
Tight-arsed Geordie git.........
just get some booze im em and he turns into a slut.
..takes one to know one....
OK buster - lets get this sorted....handbags at 5 paces, as usual?
bitch you going down! I just got a new Fendi cocktail purse that'll cut a bitch.
lets be safe and use guns after a few pints.
Always a good time to get those DLC's you still haven't got for CK2 or EUIV.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 02, 2014, 05:43:16 PM
bitch you going down! I just got a new Fendi cocktail purse that'll cut a bitch.
lets be safe and use guns after a few pints.
So I can't use my new black leather, heavily studded job with the long range strap?
Damn.
thats for the make up sex afterwards
Sigh. OK, get to the end of the queue.
Limeys love a good queue.
If ever there was a shortage of queue's we'd form a queue for one.
I disagree on passing on Sword of the Stars 2. Its a great game in its own right. It had a botched release, but has been significantly patched.
Just bought the HOI III collection and Democracy 3 with its two expansions.
At least they'll have good company with all the other Steam games I own and don't play. :-\
Just picked up the DLC for Warlock, my new crack. :)
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 03, 2014, 09:00:13 AM
Just picked up the DLC for Warlock, my new crack. :)
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
purchased.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2014, 08:48:53 AM
I disagree on passing on Sword of the Stars 2. Its a great game in its own right. It had a botched release, but has been significantly patched.
+1 -- SotS2 Enhanced Edition is very much worth picking up, esp. at the give-away price of $5 (which gets you both SotS2 and the original). A very underrated game, for exactly the reason JH mentions, the terrible launch, which sticks in everyone's head as a "stay away!" warning. It's a great game now.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 03, 2014, 09:04:37 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 03, 2014, 09:00:13 AM
Just picked up the DLC for Warlock, my new crack. :)
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
purchased.
Why didn't you guys just get
Warlock 2? It has all the stuff in the first collection with a few new things doesn't it?
^^ This is a question I'd also like to see addressed.
And me
No reason other than I really enjoy Warlock right now. When Warlock 2 goes on super-$3 sale someday, I'll grab it. For now, I saw shinier things that got my attention.
The impression I get from the Steam reviews and discussion threads, is that WL2 is a slightly buggier incremental upgrade to the original game which comes with locked DLC which you could once buy ingame but cannot anymore, the ingame store having been closed so that the DLC can be made available by "other means" "soon", which appears to mean by two extra larger packages of the base game.
The best advice I saw was to stick with WL1 until at least a clear Game Of The Year package has been released, and then only on sale -- the idea being that you shouldn't have to rebuy at full price what amounts to a point upgrade.
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 03, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
The impression I get from the Steam reviews and discussion threads, is that WL2 is a slightly buggier incremental upgrade to the original game which comes with locked DLC which you could once buy ingame but cannot anymore, the ingame store having been closed so that the DLC can be made available by "other means" "soon", which appears to mean by two extra larger packages of the base game.
The best advice I saw was to stick with WL1 until at least a clear Game Of The Year package has been released, and then only on sale -- the idea being that you shouldn't have to rebuy at full price what amounts to a point upgrade.
On sale at $15, Warlock 2 didn't seem to be an expensive upgrade from the original. *shrug*
Piked up the republican EUIV DLC that I was missing. Already have all the CK2 stuff except Sunset Invasion.
Looked at getting HoI3 but with HoI4 on the horizon I think I'll wait. Not that I have time to play another game anyway.
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 03, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
The impression I get from the Steam reviews and discussion threads, is that WL2 is a slightly buggier incremental upgrade to the original game which comes with locked DLC which you could once buy ingame but cannot anymore, the ingame store having been closed so that the DLC can be made available by "other means" "soon", which appears to mean by two extra larger packages of the base game.
The best advice I saw was to stick with WL1 until at least a clear Game Of The Year package has been released, and then only on sale -- the idea being that you shouldn't have to rebuy at full price what amounts to a point upgrade.
This was also my impression from the reviews I read. Plus I got WL1 free so the DLC was a minimal investment to increase my fun. :)
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 04, 2014, 06:40:18 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 03, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
The impression I get from the Steam reviews and discussion threads, is that WL2 is a slightly buggier incremental upgrade to the original game which comes with locked DLC which you could once buy ingame but cannot anymore, the ingame store having been closed so that the DLC can be made available by "other means" "soon", which appears to mean by two extra larger packages of the base game.
The best advice I saw was to stick with WL1 until at least a clear Game Of The Year package has been released, and then only on sale -- the idea being that you shouldn't have to rebuy at full price what amounts to a point upgrade.
This was also my impression from the reviews I read. Plus I got WL1 free so the DLC was a minimal investment to increase my fun. :)
From what I understood, the WL2 DLC was just some little crap beyond anything contained in the first, which many people didn't bother getting. However, the base WL2 game has everything in WL1, some new units beyond those, and new game mode(s).
From the bit I've played, WL2 is just like WL1 but with some interface improvements and a few extras. Perhaps I'll play some more to see if there are any bugs left, but there had been some updates after release. ^-^ I've been pulled into some AOW3 lately, however, so it may not happen for a bit.