Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.
The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST.
meh
my mom had to get a vaginal mesh after the last COD, she was screwed so much.
I dont think she can take another installment.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2014, 10:20:34 PM
meh
my mom had to get a vaginal mesh after the last COD, she was screwed so much.
I dont think she can take another installment.
You know over $800,000,000 has been awarded in lawsuits against manufacturers of certain kinds of vaginal mesh. Have your mom call my secretary tomorrow. We'll set up an appointment.
Seriously though, Advanced Warfare looks kickass. Just shut up and get it.
the new pc can crush it but Im not into the frantic nature of the game at this point.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2014, 10:38:48 PM
the new pc can crush it but Im not into the frantic nature of the game at this point.
Fine. Whatever. What about the vaginal mesh consultation?
how would one sue over a 1000 COD players for fucking my mom?
when I played Counter Stike I was confronted with her dark side.
after the last COD I came to terms with her sheer awkward gilfness.
I dont know if I can take any more. :(
For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.
The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST.
I've always believed Modern Warfare 3 was the best of the lot (but I never tried MW2 which many CoD players said was the true best). Black Ops 2 was also good - in fact, AW seems like Black Ops 3 at times. A few years ago I probably would have jumped on this on Day 1, but Ghosts left a very bad taste in my mouth. Plus, my video card is starting to show its age, so I would like to wait for a free weekend on Steam to give it a test drive first before I spend the money.
I am glad to hear you are liking it. Despite gamers constantly gainsaying the series, I have always found the CoD series to be a heck of a lot of fun and usually highly polished. What do you like best about the MP so far?
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 03, 2014, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.
The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST.
I've always believed Modern Warfare 3 was the best of the lot (but I never tried MW2 which many CoD players said was the true best). Black Ops 2 was also good - in fact, AW seems like Black Ops 3 at times. A few years ago I probably would have jumped on this on Day 1, but Ghosts left a very bad taste in my mouth. Plus, my video card is starting to show its age, so I would like to wait for a free weekend on Steam to give it a test drive first before I spend the money.
I am glad to hear you are liking it. Despite gamers constantly gainsaying the series, I have always found the CoD series to be a heck of a lot of fun and usually highly polished. What do you like best about the MP so far?
Dude - stop hanging around CoD fanbases. :P
Seriously - the only people that thought CoD2 or CoD3 were better than Modern Warfare were CoD fanbois, people just woken from a coma which started in 1954 and people who let themselves be persuaded by CoD fanbois - who never EVER thought a "new iteration" was worse than the previous ;D
Seriously though - Call of Duty:Modern Warfare was the best in gaming experience. Of course what swung it for me was the story. I felt close to the characters and felt for them when anything happened. That, for me, makes a game on it's own...the game was awesomeness in and of itself. And I don't like ANY CoD game prior to or after.
If this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up...but I want to check out some reviews first...after the bundle of shite to fall out of their studios since MW, I'm dubious.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Are you saying it's really good from a single player or multi player perspective? I'm presuming single player?
The only shooter I've been able to bring myself to play with any regularity in the last few years has been Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm. Even that doesn't get much play because I suck and tend to hunker down in cover when things get hot, taking pot shots until someone snipes me in the face.
The last couple CODs I played were practically a modern version of Quake. Just not my thing. More of a 'tactical' shooter type where you nearly always need to use proper cover or get one-shotted. Unfortunately there aren't many of those around.
Besides, if I feel like a shooter without too much Run & Blaze or bunny hopping, I'll just do some War Thunder Ground Forces. Pretty much a shooter in slow ass tanks. :D
I haven't really played since Cod 4; when they took away clan servers it killed it for me and my clan :( basically I have stopped playing FPS's now :(
Agree, COD modern warfare is definitely better than the sequels in my books.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 04, 2014, 02:06:31 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Are you saying it's really good from a single player or multi player perspective? I'm presuming single player?
I'm saying from a single player perspective. That is all I have played so far. The campaign is highly improbable typical CoD fanfare, but so far it's really enjoyable. I do like the main characters and for christ's sake, it's got Kevin Spacey! What could go wrong when you have Kevin spacey in your game? Seriously, the campaign in modern warfare really drew me in like no other fps gaming experience. It was epic. I was really moved in that last sequence. Every CoD since has been an utter disappointment in both gameplay and story. This one so far, is drawing me in like modern warfare did.
I am also excited to try the mp and co-op modes once I finish the campaign. Having the ability to wall climb and jump around with your exo jet pack adds verticality to the game. Also, some of the tech is pretty cool, like e optics on your weapons and so e of your drone and grenade options. Cool stuff.
QuoteIf this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up
Yes it is, even the campaign is great because it isn't the typical overload with enemy hordes we were used to in the previous years, there's even stealth and a bit of variety and the pace is much more believable than in any CoD before - so yeah for those who think MW was a real blast for several reasons and the best in the series, you may pick this one up - seems Sledgehammer Games is the studio to save and bring forward the CoD series, it's already my favorite studio by now. MP is also great fun and it plays differently, of course within the context of the CoD formula but that's what CoD folks (me included) want. Gadgets are fun, customization is wonderfu and even beyond what Blops 2 did, audio is incredibly good, so I'm having a good time (and that on the old horse 360 - I'm fine with the gfx)
One question:
Does the multi-player still have mostly the small cramped "hallway shooter" maps?
QuoteDoes the multi-player still have mostly the small cramped "hallway shooter" maps?
Well, it's still CoD and not Battlefield...but the maps are not only well designed but the exo movement also adds a third dimension that was not in the game before so it feels fresh.
Are clan servers back?
I'm only interested if we can run our own server.
I'm a console warrior, I can't answer that. O:-)
9.1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/03/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-review (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/03/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-review)
Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 04, 2014, 11:45:06 AM
QuoteIf this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up
Yes it is, even the campaign is great because it isn't the typical overload with enemy hordes we were used to in the previous years, there's even stealth and a bit of variety and the pace is much more believable than in any CoD before - so yeah for those who think MW was a real blast for several reasons and the best in the series, you may pick this one up - seems Sledgehammer Games is the studio to save and bring forward the CoD series, it's already my favorite studio by now. MP is also great fun and it plays differently, of course within the context of the CoD formula but that's what CoD folks (me included) want. Gadgets are fun, customization is wonderfu and even beyond what Blops 2 did, audio is incredibly good, so I'm having a good time (and that on the old horse 360 - I'm fine with the gfx)
I guess I'll be purchasing this in a week or so.
I have
Warfighter to learn first of all and a WaW:Blood and Bridges AAR to complete...and
Alien Isolation to get back into (was pretty scared with my first meeting with the Alien...and I don't even feel like a pussy saying that!)
here is some MP footage recorded from the GamesCom ...not my cup of tea
call me oldfashioned, but to actually enjoy that i would first need a constant
bullet time feature for silvergamers who had proven their birthdate to EA to get it unlocked. ...and when i see those 'hopping' around in the map ...please dont
the last FPS MP i remember i kind of enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company 2 including Vietnam DLC, also CoD WaW and of course the good ol days of CoD 4 before ...i tried Battlefield 3 so but didn't liked it, and stopped purchasing
God I hate MP in these games. For a start I'm too old and slow to be even remotely any good and also it just makes me feel sick...the skittiness of it does ma heed in! :tickedoff:
I love how Steam has the game for £39.99 and the Season Pass for £34.99 but is selling them as a job lot for £74.99
I know it's only a penny - but the idea of "packaging" things together to entice people is that they are cheaper...not more expensive (even if it is just by a penny) :uglystupid2:
JD save your money :)
- on a side note
here are two games you surly will enjoy much more for your brit pounds (i thought about you when i watched those playthrough videos)
1.
and
2.
£40 is a lot of money for (what's likely to be) a 6 hour experience.
Thanks for the thought MikeGer...I have Battle of Britain - it's a fantastic game (did an AAR a while back) with fantastic, easy to follow rules. Where There is Discord is a game I wanted, but can't get a hold of (at a reasonable price).
If you ever see it about, let me know (around £50 is ideal).
Quote from: MikeGER on November 04, 2014, 01:26:48 PM
here is some MP footage recorded from the GamesCom ...not my cup of tea
call me oldfashioned, but to actually enjoy that i would first need a constant bullet time feature for silvergamers who had proven their birthdate to EA to get it unlocked. ...and when i see those 'hopping' around in the map ...please dont
the last FPS MP i remember i kind of enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company 2 including Vietnam DLC, also CoD WaW and of course the good ol days of CoD 4 before ...i tried Battlefield 3 so but didn't liked it, and stopped purchasing
1) Ridiculous gun 2) Exosuit or what ever it is makes bunny hopping really more ridiculous.
^ That's what I thought about the "bunny hopping".
I'd never play this online in a bazillion years - so it's too expensive for the amount of game time I'd get from it so I'm unlikely to pick it up...especially as they have a habit of not reducing the price for a year or more.
Its real interesting to see how COD evolved from its original release......I remember reading about the first COD in gaming magazines months ahead of its release and how they really touted it as a major revolution in gaming on the PC. And it did not disappoint! I am sure compared to some modern games may not have stacked up, but for the times when it was released, it kept me busy for a very long time. I remember the one mission where you were crossing the field of dead cows and you could use them as cover while you made your advance...great times.
I just wish this series would have stayed closer to reality and just continued to improve that model versus going futuristic and mayhem...but I can completely understand that a large number of people get enjoyment out of this type of game.
How has this game never had coop campaign?
No coop campaign, no buy for me
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on November 04, 2014, 09:22:32 PM
How has this game never had coop campaign?
No coop campaign, no buy for me
The campaign is too linear for it to be co-op. There are co-op game modes though that look really cool. I haven't tried them yet.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 04, 2014, 08:08:56 PM
I just wish this series would have stayed closer to reality and just continued to improve that model versus going futuristic and mayhem...but I can completely understand that a large number of people get enjoyment out of this type of game.
i can understand the FPS developers too.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fz5.ifrm.com%2F9060%2F173%2F0%2Fe36633%2Fe36633.gif&hash=bf7dcc6bd3c05320170fd0d990a4ccee6afca48a)every new year or two of adolescenting young boys need their very own crafted version of virtual 'playing tag'.
Dressing up in a nice 'operator' costume which also provide some unseen perks and chasing each others in a childish to hilarious way on a virtual playground, while sipping on a coke and not in danger to lose one single calorie doing so (in opposite to realworld tag-style games, maybe paintball, airsoft or even sports) or actually melt down their brains with situational awareness, analysis and ongoing life or death tactical decisions on the battle field (i recon DVG's Warfighter card games is closer to realworld tactics then last CoD's ...well, dropping a canteen to get 3 new options card, OK its a fun- game not a study tool from the Infantry School at Hammelburg)
The boys also don't want to play
their granddads FPS , that 'now boring to death' installment from 15 month ago or so.
So what should they do in the FPS marketing departments, WW II is milked, Angola 69, Falkland or Jom Kippur interesting nobody (beside some old men -like yours truly ;) - ranting on some obscure forum on the outer rim of the internet), ongoing wars are Political Incorrect (you will sell worldwide! and IS-loving Arabs offspring has a console too, and good'ol WW I has no über-perks to glue to your K98, so not even dare think about Gettysburg .... so let's move to SiFi
and so here we are.
QuoteHow has this game never had coop campaign?
This is not true, CoD World at War had a campaign that could be played cooperatively and also in Competitive Co-op (every player trying to get the most score while playing the campaign together). I agree that this should have been the standard for every CoD after WaW and I don't see any reason why this is not so... :tickedoff:
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 04, 2014, 09:32:21 PM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on November 04, 2014, 09:22:32 PM
How has this game never had coop campaign?
No coop campaign, no buy for me
The campaign is too linear for it to be co-op. There are co-op game modes though that look really cool. I haven't tried them yet.
There is coop zombie hunting mode right?
The coop mode in AW is pretty much like Survival in MW3 and there are Zombies showing up in the later part of the waves (I read) but it's not a Zombie mode like in the Blops series. I'm fine with that because although Zombies were cool in Blops the whole mode was too confusing imho and I didn't have the patience to figure out what to do etc.. I liked MW3's Survival though so this is Survival with some cool future gadgets. The best coop stuff is still Spec Ops though but it seems these mini military missions are over... :-\
Twas the night before my birthday and I get to open one present early. Hello Advanced Warfare for the PC. But wait put in disk 1 and all that happens is a stuttering sound from the DVD drive. Refusal to load and no idea how to sort it. Yes it reads disks 3 to 6 but 1 and 2 stutter around. Someone just shat on my birthday cake.
Just to enhance the aroma of shite, the disk opens on my kid's lesser spec laptop. Oh why does it always rain on me. >:(
Can't you just use the key and register the game on Steam anyway? Chances are, Steam will take over installing the files anyway
And happy birthday
Thanks Dread, I finally got there through sleeping in 1 hour bursts between midnight and 6am. Only COD and FM can induce this level of gaming commitment in me.
Unfortunately the game is having MAJOR lag issues right now, it's practically unplayable - across all platforms. No dedicated servers and a broken lag compensation...man they make so much money from this franchise and all are happy because the current CoD is really fun and then they don't want to shell out the bucks for dedicated servers risking that the good game is ruined by bad tech... :idiot2:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2lhbrb/issues_with_advanced_warfare_megathread/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2lhbrb/issues_with_advanced_warfare_megathread/)