Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.

The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


GDS_Starfury

meh

my mom had to get a vaginal mesh after the last COD, she was screwed so much.

I dont think she can take another installment.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2014, 10:20:34 PM
meh

my mom had to get a vaginal mesh after the last COD, she was screwed so much.

I dont think she can take another installment.

You know over $800,000,000 has been awarded in lawsuits against manufacturers of certain kinds of vaginal mesh. Have your mom call my secretary tomorrow. We'll set up an appointment.

Seriously though, Advanced Warfare looks kickass. Just shut up and get it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


GDS_Starfury

the new pc can crush it but Im not into the frantic nature of the game at this point. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2014, 10:38:48 PM
the new pc can crush it but Im not into the frantic nature of the game at this point.

Fine. Whatever. What about the vaginal mesh consultation?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


GDS_Starfury

how would one sue over a 1000 COD players for fucking my mom?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

when I played Counter Stike I was confronted with her dark side.

after the last COD I came to terms with her sheer awkward gilfness.



I dont know if I can take any more.  :(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.

The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST.

I've always believed Modern Warfare 3 was the best of the lot (but I never tried MW2 which many CoD players said was the true best).  Black Ops 2 was also good - in fact, AW seems like Black Ops 3 at times.  A few years ago I probably would have jumped on this on Day 1, but Ghosts left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Plus, my video card is starting to show its age, so I would like to wait for a free weekend on Steam to give it a test drive first before I spend the money. 

I am glad to hear you are liking it.  Despite gamers constantly gainsaying the series, I have always found the CoD series to be a heck of a lot of fun  and usually highly polished.  What do you like best about the MP so far?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

JudgeDredd

#9
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 03, 2014, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
Who is getting it? Seriously...it looks pretty awesome.

The first Modern Warfare was awesome...everything after that sucked. This one looks like it is badass reborn. Let's get some GH co-op going! Releases tonight at 12:00am EST.

I've always believed Modern Warfare 3 was the best of the lot (but I never tried MW2 which many CoD players said was the true best).  Black Ops 2 was also good - in fact, AW seems like Black Ops 3 at times.  A few years ago I probably would have jumped on this on Day 1, but Ghosts left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Plus, my video card is starting to show its age, so I would like to wait for a free weekend on Steam to give it a test drive first before I spend the money. 

I am glad to hear you are liking it.  Despite gamers constantly gainsaying the series, I have always found the CoD series to be a heck of a lot of fun  and usually highly polished.  What do you like best about the MP so far?
Dude - stop hanging around CoD fanbases.  :P

Seriously - the only people that thought CoD2 or CoD3 were better than Modern Warfare were CoD fanbois, people just woken from a coma which started in 1954 and people who let themselves be persuaded by CoD fanbois - who never EVER thought a "new iteration" was worse than the previous  ;D

Seriously though - Call of Duty:Modern Warfare was the best in gaming experience. Of course what swung it for me was the story. I felt close to the characters and felt for them when anything happened. That, for me, makes a game on it's own...the game was awesomeness in and of itself. And I don't like ANY CoD game prior to or after.

If this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up...but I want to check out some reviews first...after the bundle of shite to fall out of their studios since MW, I'm dubious.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Are you saying it's really good from a single player or multi player perspective? I'm presuming single player?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

The only shooter I've been able to bring myself to play with any regularity in the last few years has been Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.  Even that doesn't get much play because I suck and tend to hunker down in cover when things get hot, taking pot shots until someone snipes me in the face.

The last couple CODs I played were practically a modern version of Quake.  Just not my thing.  More of a 'tactical' shooter type where you nearly always need to use proper cover or get one-shotted.  Unfortunately there aren't many of those around.

Besides, if I feel like a shooter without too much Run & Blaze or bunny hopping, I'll just do some War Thunder Ground Forces.  Pretty much a shooter in slow ass tanks.  :D

FlickJax

I haven't really played since Cod 4; when they took away clan servers it killed it for me and my clan :( basically I have stopped playing FPS's now :(

jomni

Agree, COD modern warfare is definitely better than the sequels in my books.

Jarhead0331

#14
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 04, 2014, 02:06:31 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
For real? Nobody else is getting this? So far it's really good. I mean, it's still CoD, but I'm enjoying it more than any CoD since modern warfare.
Are you saying it's really good from a single player or multi player perspective? I'm presuming single player?

I'm saying from a single player perspective. That is all I have played so far. The campaign is highly improbable typical CoD fanfare, but so far it's really enjoyable. I do like the main characters and for christ's sake, it's got Kevin Spacey! What could go wrong when you have Kevin spacey in your game? Seriously, the campaign in modern warfare really drew me in like no other fps gaming experience. It was epic. I was really moved in that last sequence. Every CoD since has been an utter disappointment in both gameplay and story. This one so far, is drawing me in like modern warfare did.

I am also excited to try the mp and co-op modes once I finish the campaign. Having the ability to wall climb and jump around with your exo jet pack adds verticality to the game. Also, some of the tech is pretty cool, like e optics on your weapons and so e of your drone and grenade options. Cool stuff.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18