GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 09:37:55 AM

Title: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 09:37:55 AM
OK the woman I work with is just a bitch on wheels and I've had enough of her personality disorders.

The good news is I have an opportunity to move away from her along with the guys I have become friends with here at work to another floor.

However, the Wife says that I should 'keep her close' to make sure she doesn't back stab me, which she has done once or twice. I asked my coworker if she wanted to move downstairs as well for the sake of keeping the team together physically and she said 'no way.' I didn't want to look like I was just ditching her.

What sage advice have you all? Move away or remain to watch her?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
I say move away. If she wants to screw you she will find a way no matter the circumstances. Sounds like she has proven that already. Perhaps if you're not around she'll look for someone else to frakk over who is handier. And, you will (hopefully) have a reduction in your minute-to-minute stress level, if not the hour-to-hour or day-to-day.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
I say move away. If she wants to screw you she will find a way no matter the circumstances. Sounds like she has proven that already. Perhaps if you're not around she'll look for someone else to frakk over who is handier. And, you will (hopefully) have a reduction in your minute-to-minute stress level, if not the hour-to-hour or day-to-day.

+1

If nothing else your mental health will improve. That alone is worth the move.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 09:55:42 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
I say move away. If she wants to screw you she will find a way no matter the circumstances. Sounds like she has proven that already. Perhaps if you're not around she'll look for someone else to frakk over who is handier. And, you will (hopefully) have a reduction in your minute-to-minute stress level, if not the hour-to-hour or day-to-day.

+1

If nothing else your mental health will improve. That alone is worth the move.

+2

When you imagine both scenarios, which one brings more quiet/peace to your soul?  That is the choice to take.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Barthheart on April 20, 2012, 09:59:02 AM
Is she above you in level or power?

I'm going to say you should stay. Do you have to work closely with this wingnut? Is there a way to shut her out with the others around you? Can you islolate here enough through passive agressive methods to make HER want to leave.

I hate to see office type nutbars make others uncomfortable at work and force them to change. Can you appeal to upper managment for assistance?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2012, 10:16:00 AM
life too short to deal with twits when you don't have to
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MikeGER on April 20, 2012, 10:31:44 AM
evil scientist ;) says:
in addition to moving away
use your superior knowledge (and that of your friends here ;) )  on hard/soft-ware, or other whatever area that may be helpful (like medicine, bio-hazards, etc ;D) to   
a) let her generate a major fuck-up in her area of responsibility
b) push her mentally over the edge, so that she loose it and start -for example- attacking the boss
c) keep her so busy that she cant even think about anything else then damned deadlines
d) change her pysical state into not fit for work for weeks

so she get the boot real soon

   
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 10:36:07 AM
Mike,
you mean such as sprinkling itching powder on her chair when she wears a skirt to work...?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on April 20, 2012, 10:45:59 AM
not sure of the chain of command here, but it is very clear that you could smack her with the 'not a team player' label here. Which can be a kiss of death in an office situation, especially if she is not an outstanding performancew employee.

I would make sure she has clearly said no to moving with the rest of the team and more than you have heard her say it .... then let the innuendo campaign begin
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 10:46:55 AM
OK so I asked our VP and he said 'no' because he wants to keep the team together. I can understand that.

On a more positive note, I have discovered that the extremely hot receptionist transferred departments and may be seated behind me. The aura of her beauty will drown out all else when that happens. So...today was a good day! I may even be able to finally get pictures then.

The other chick is not my superior, thank God. I did have to deal with that at the last job but thankfully not here. But this one can get embarrassingly wound up and cause scenes. She also confides in me. I kind of feel bad for her and wanted to get away, but the new hot addition will make up for it.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MikeGER on April 20, 2012, 10:49:09 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 10:36:07 AM
Mike,
you mean such as sprinkling itching powder on her chair when she wears a skirt to work...?

i mean...
lots of ppl have allergies today
data loss and the wrong back-up can be a bitch
missing an important email too
hardware failure when you really need every second too
or taking pills/substances which are 'NSFW'
the keyboard has more gems then a toiletseat, isnt it
tasty snack must have have been over its shelvelife ...damned diarrhea

and i am only thinkin a few minutes yet  ;)


Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 10:59:10 AM
^Honestly she has more problems than that all by her lonesome.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on April 20, 2012, 11:22:27 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 10:59:10 AM
^Honestly she has more problems than that all by her lonesome.

if she is single hook her up with the most pathetic of your single friends  (even better one of your wife's pathetic friends)... do so in an atmosphere of copious alcohol consumption
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
None of my friends are single anymore and I could never do that to one of my buds. I do think if she got laid she would feel much better and it might even fix her lazy eye.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 01:01:30 PM
So is the job with the power company a dead issue?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 01:14:28 PM
No! I just got my last email from them on Tuesday :/ They said they are awaiting budgetary approval to hire me. I'm ready to move on and look elsewhere though. If it takes them almost a year to get me in, wtf is it like to actually work there?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 01:15:40 PM
Yeah, no shit.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 01:17:00 PM
So I'm not crazy about where I am or the commute, kinda bored. But the money is good so I will sit tight through the summer and see what I can see after a year here.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MIGMaster on April 20, 2012, 01:24:03 PM
Working with women is fickin' scary. I hate it !!!!!  >:( I spend a lot of my time dealing with fickin' pettiness and back biting. I also hate being a supervisor with female employees as direct reports! Dives my fickin' crazy- can ya tell ?  ;)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 01:28:21 PM
You could make a career out of diagnosing this one!
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: mirth on April 20, 2012, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
None of my friends are single anymore and I could never do that to one of my buds. I do think if she got laid she would feel much better and it might even fix her lazy eye.

Batshit crazy with a lazy eye? I'll date her!
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on April 20, 2012, 01:24:03 PM
Working with women is fickin' scary. I hate it !!!!!  >:( I spend a lot of my time dealing with fickin' pettiness and back biting. I also hate being a supervisor with female employees as direct reports! Dives my fickin' crazy- can ya tell ?  ;)

Quit holding back!
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 01:37:08 PM
Mirth maybe you're just the man for such a mission.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on April 20, 2012, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 20, 2012, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
None of my friends are single anymore and I could never do that to one of my buds. I do think if she got laid she would feel much better and it might even fix her lazy eye.

Batshit crazy with a lazy eye? I'll date her!

you mean hump her till her eye straightens out?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: mirth on April 20, 2012, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 01:37:08 PM
Mirth maybe you're just the man for such a mission.
When it comes to women, I do know crazy. And frequently date it. And live with it. And father children with it.

Frankly the lazy eye would be a nice bit of variety.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: mirth on April 20, 2012, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 20, 2012, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 20, 2012, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
None of my friends are single anymore and I could never do that to one of my buds. I do think if she got laid she would feel much better and it might even fix her lazy eye.

Batshit crazy with a lazy eye? I'll date her!

you mean hump her till her eye straightens out?

Yes that was the lazy eye solution I had in mind.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Bison on April 20, 2012, 02:16:48 PM
I was going to say just eat chili and work on the silent release of stank gas.  So she starts to talk and BAM! gets a mouthful of stank.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 12:14:51 PM
^I like your thinking. I have actually done that too.

I work with an IT guy who was in the Air Force. He sits behind her. She gave him a crapload of smack talk the last two days I thought he was going to kill her. His seat is being moved in a few weeks and he just quietly laughs at me over IM.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MIGMaster on April 21, 2012, 03:32:06 PM
There is no better defence than being a class A asshole.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 04:51:42 PM
Well I failed there. I've lent her my ear too many times. I just don't have it in me to be like that. I have always been the nice guy. One of my failings.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MIGMaster on April 21, 2012, 05:32:58 PM
I used to be that way - then I grew tired of all the assholes attempting to grind me down. I call it the "Asshole with a Cause" approach.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 21, 2012, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 04:51:42 PM
Well I failed there. I've lent her my ear too many times. I just don't have it in me to be like that. I have always been the nice guy. One of my failings.


I dont think so. If you follow them into the pit of despair by being a bitch back you will be as hated as her. At some point someone in power will be tired of her toxic discharge. She will be gone. If the company is one that encourages dog eat dog you don't want to be there. The company will not survive. The dark side is not stronger.

Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MIGMaster on April 21, 2012, 10:37:44 PM
Don't listen to him Luke. You don't know the power of the dark Side  ;)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.dailytech.com%2Fnimage%2F20797_Darth_Vader_Join_Me.png&hash=23850aef65ee3000dac2b5b66227a93425deee0c)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on April 21, 2012, 10:59:10 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on April 21, 2012, 10:37:44 PM
Don't listen to him Luke. You don't know the power of the dark Side  ;)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.dailytech.com%2Fnimage%2F20797_Darth_Vader_Join_Me.png&hash=23850aef65ee3000dac2b5b66227a93425deee0c)

The Fluffy Side Rulz All


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.happypuppysunshineblog.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F06%2Fhappy_puppy.jpg&hash=19e7ec868c65fd263665a89519ec6514b6e78b62)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Con on April 22, 2012, 01:58:31 PM
I would be very careful regardless of where she is in the power structure.  People like this can game the system and if they make it so your supervisor is having to deal with them you have now become part of the problem.

My advice is to cut back on anything that is non professional or work related with her.  Make it sound like you are trying a new way to gain advancement (ie I got some feedback on my job and they said if I wanted to advance that I really needed to focus more on the position so I am going to cut back on chit chat...).  That make it seem like the company is the bad person and not you.

Just make sure that you dont rub her face in it by hanging out with your buds in front of her.

Bottom line people like this can be career killers and stress inducers and you are better trying to interact at a minimum with them in a way that does not open you up as a non team player.

Con

Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 23, 2012, 10:17:17 AM
^Funny you mention that. Our collective supervisor really does not like her. I get the vibe that the only reason she hasn't been booted is because she does the work he doesn't want to. Beyond that I have no clue how she is still around.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 23, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
Sexual favours to management??
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: mirth on April 23, 2012, 10:42:18 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on April 23, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
Sexual favours to management??

He probably digs the lazy eye.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Centurion40 on April 23, 2012, 10:48:22 AM
Speaking of eyes, did I ever tell you about the guy in my platoon (Infantry School, circa 1981) who always claimed to be on the hunt for a woman with a glass eye?

Feel free to connect the dots for yourselves....  :o
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on April 23, 2012, 01:52:21 PM
Nah no sexual favors, they both repulse each other, like magnets.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MikeGER on May 10, 2012, 04:42:54 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 23, 2012, 01:52:21 PM
...they both repulse each other, like magnets.

\Sheldon mode

but if one turns around, they would immediately cling to each other  ;)
...like magnets. 
did you mean like Fermions ? (with the exception of Neutrinos, of course)  ;-)
\Sheldon mode off
;)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 09:34:32 AM
Neither one will ever turn around :)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on May 10, 2012, 10:28:46 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 09:34:32 AM
Neither one will ever turn around :)

bend over?
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:38:04 AM
If you could only see the people you are talking about. A portly Irishman and an angry crazy lunatic byotch.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: LongBlade on May 10, 2012, 10:42:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:38:04 AM
If you could only see the people you are talking about. A portly Irishman and an angry crazy lunatic byotch.

Opposites attract! I think you're on to something.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:49:43 AM
Well they're not that opposite either. She ain't so slim and trim if you know what I'm saying.
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MikeGER on May 11, 2012, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:38:04 AM
If you could only see the people you are talking about....

...aren't there a cam build in your smartphone  ;)  ...uups, wrong button, u know  ;)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 08:48:44 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on May 11, 2012, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:38:04 AM
If you could only see the people you are talking about....

...aren't there a cam build in your smartphone  ;)  ...uups, wrong button, u know  ;)

No, no, no, he needs to that for the hottie that works on his floor....
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: MikeGER on May 11, 2012, 11:14:34 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 08:48:44 AM
No, no, no, he needs to that for the hottie that works on his floor....

you definitely have a point! ...i hope Gus phone has enuf RAM for 1 pics  and a 1080p video of the hottie  ;D
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:23:40 AM
BTW the hottie that was the receptionist will be moving downtown on Monday. CAN'T WAIT
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 11:24:53 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:23:40 AM
BTW the hottie that was the receptionist will be moving downtown on Monday. CAN'T WAIT

Never happend with out a photo to prove it.  ;)
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:29:32 AM
Breezy had been haunting me for a photo six months ago when I worked in the same office. It's a tall order. In heels she's around 6'4"!!!
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:29:32 AM
..... It's a tall order. In heels she's around 6'4"!!!

Ba-dum tish.
:P
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 11:49:13 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:29:32 AM
Breezy had been haunting me for a photo six months ago when I worked in the same office. It's a tall order. In heels she's around 6'4"!!!

I don't recall asking for a photo - if I did it was purely for scientific purposes
Title: Re: What to Do?
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 12:34:15 PM
^The science of your erect phallus? For reference this is NOT the chick who I work with but she looks EXACTLY like her:

(https://hercules.rr.com/media/jpeg/2012/05/11/68628083/215x215.jpg)