Main Menu

What to Do?

Started by Gusington, April 20, 2012, 09:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MIGMaster

I used to be that way - then I grew tired of all the assholes attempting to grind me down. I call it the "Asshole with a Cause" approach.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 04:51:42 PM
Well I failed there. I've lent her my ear too many times. I just don't have it in me to be like that. I have always been the nice guy. One of my failings.


I dont think so. If you follow them into the pit of despair by being a bitch back you will be as hated as her. At some point someone in power will be tired of her toxic discharge. She will be gone. If the company is one that encourages dog eat dog you don't want to be there. The company will not survive. The dark side is not stronger.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MIGMaster

Don't listen to him Luke. You don't know the power of the dark Side  ;)


Windigo

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 21, 2012, 10:37:44 PM
Don't listen to him Luke. You don't know the power of the dark Side  ;)



The Fluffy Side Rulz All


My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Con

I would be very careful regardless of where she is in the power structure.  People like this can game the system and if they make it so your supervisor is having to deal with them you have now become part of the problem.

My advice is to cut back on anything that is non professional or work related with her.  Make it sound like you are trying a new way to gain advancement (ie I got some feedback on my job and they said if I wanted to advance that I really needed to focus more on the position so I am going to cut back on chit chat...).  That make it seem like the company is the bad person and not you.

Just make sure that you dont rub her face in it by hanging out with your buds in front of her.

Bottom line people like this can be career killers and stress inducers and you are better trying to interact at a minimum with them in a way that does not open you up as a non team player.

Con


Gusington

^Funny you mention that. Our collective supervisor really does not like her. I get the vibe that the only reason she hasn't been booted is because she does the work he doesn't want to. Beyond that I have no clue how she is still around.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Sexual favours to management??
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 23, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
Sexual favours to management??

He probably digs the lazy eye.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Speaking of eyes, did I ever tell you about the guy in my platoon (Infantry School, circa 1981) who always claimed to be on the hunt for a woman with a glass eye?

Feel free to connect the dots for yourselves....  :o
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

Nah no sexual favors, they both repulse each other, like magnets.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

#40
Quote from: Gusington on April 23, 2012, 01:52:21 PM
...they both repulse each other, like magnets.

\Sheldon mode

but if one turns around, they would immediately cling to each other  ;)
...like magnets. 
did you mean like Fermions ? (with the exception of Neutrinos, of course)  ;-)
\Sheldon mode off
;)

Gusington

Neither one will ever turn around :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

If you could only see the people you are talking about. A portly Irishman and an angry crazy lunatic byotch.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 10:38:04 AM
If you could only see the people you are talking about. A portly Irishman and an angry crazy lunatic byotch.

Opposites attract! I think you're on to something.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.