GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2014, 04:07:45 PM

Title: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
I had no idea this was coming...appears to be a game like the walking dead, but for Game of Thrones.....sounds like first episode will be out soon.  A certain buy for me.

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/86265/your-story-begins-first-details-on-game-of-thrones-a-telltale-games-series
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 04:11:53 PM
The RPS guys are not pleased that the player takes on the role of a member of the Forrester family :)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Steelgrave on November 11, 2014, 04:16:02 PM
Incest, murder and dragons, oh my!!!
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 04:49:26 PM
^Are you describing the game or a...[fill in blank]
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Steelgrave on November 11, 2014, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 04:49:26 PM
^Are you describing the game or a...[fill in blank]

(A) Arkansas family reunion
(B) Episode of Game of Thrones
(C) Game of Thrones the Game
(D) The Grogheads Annual Christmas Party

Did I miss anything?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Toonces on November 11, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 11, 2014, 06:14:39 PM
Haha, the stuff about Sean Bean was ace. :D
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 06:21:46 PM
That trailer is effing epic.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 11, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
"Dragons and beeewwwwwbsss" -  O0
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Nefaro on November 11, 2014, 06:29:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 06:21:46 PM
That trailer is effing epic.


Don't forget the best damn Bad Lip Reading vid evah!




"Petey"=FROFL   ;D
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2014, 08:04:25 PM
"Don't ever call it a Renaissance Faire, alright??"
HAHAHA

Oh and the farting HAHAHA EPIC FARTING
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: RedArgo on November 11, 2014, 08:30:23 PM
Those were really funny   ;D Thanks.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mikeck on November 11, 2014, 08:47:18 PM
"Do you think they should make I-phones for babies 'cause I do!"
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: undercovergeek on November 11, 2014, 10:16:02 PM
Actual tears of laughter
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Steelgrave on November 11, 2014, 10:40:43 PM
Gus, I do believe I've found your next avatar......



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgameofthrones.me.uk%2Fimages%2Fimpin-aint-easy_largethumb_29fcd79d2b60891a1c4b6a2146f832a9.jpg&hash=69e79c1de43f8ae2e8cdb2b50ccdee7f61c214dc)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Steelgrave on November 11, 2014, 10:42:37 PM
Unless you prefer....

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Frs1img.memecdn.com%2Fimpin-aint-easy_o_643237.webp&hash=d459682f86c36f0819c0eb3bb82129f357951635)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 08:33:28 AM
Wow...both are excellent...
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 12, 2014, 09:13:33 AM
Eesh, couldn't see the image so tried to open it in a new tab and got dinged by the work Internet blocker.  :o
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 12, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
didn't they already make this game?  Isn't it called "Crusader Kings II"?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
That Bad Lip Reading video is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've watched it dozens of times.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mikeck on November 12, 2014, 09:28:22 AM
At least Gus never kissed Johnny Schatzmann
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:48:35 AM
He was a Capricorn!
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: undercovergeek on November 12, 2014, 10:13:56 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
That Bad Lip Reading video is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've watched it dozens of times.

For me it's Sean beans overly confused or overly serious face when hilarious stuff happens around him
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Nefaro on November 12, 2014, 03:35:35 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 12, 2014, 10:13:56 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
That Bad Lip Reading video is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've watched it dozens of times.

For me it's Sean beans overly confused or overly serious face when hilarious stuff happens around him


"Tell me how you found the kitten meat."
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 07:12:32 PM
For me its the bewbs and humor...both go a long way.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mirth on November 12, 2014, 07:25:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 07:12:32 PM
bewbs and humor...both go a long way.

quotable Gus
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 09:12:07 PM
^You flatter me.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 12, 2014, 09:17:25 PM
Gus is more quotable than a drunk Thai hooker.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 09:28:03 PM
Are drunk Thai hookers that quotable?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:32:27 PM
"me love you long time" is pretty quotable.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 12, 2014, 09:32:52 PM
I'm saying you're more quotable, so your mileage may vary from that observation.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 09:34:01 PM
Wasn't she Vietnamese?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 12, 2014, 09:35:27 PM
Maybe she went where the business was.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: mirth on November 12, 2014, 09:35:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 09:34:01 PM
Wasn't she Vietnamese?

I'm sure Thai hookers also use the phrase.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 12, 2014, 09:37:00 PM
The Vietnamese can really Thai one on.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
It's all pink on the inside.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Staggerwing on November 12, 2014, 09:49:47 PM
"Siam I am", said the Thai girl.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 16, 2014, 07:59:26 PM
Some leaked screens...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/telltale-s-game-of-thrones-screenshots-leaked-repo/1100-6423632/
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 20, 2014, 03:23:45 PM
http://www.wired.com/2014/11/game-of-thrones-telltale-trailer/

QuoteThe game will be based on the TV show, not the books, and focus on a Northern family called House Forrester towards the end of the third season and finishes at the end of the fourth season.

WIRED can also exclusively reveal an original character in the game, by the name of Maester Ortengryn.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2FFamily-Week-Maester-660x371.jpg&hash=533073b979964fdcd1f189cd2ec2daa5bfc92996)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Father Ted on November 20, 2014, 05:11:59 PM
QuoteWIRED can also exclusively reveal an original character in the game, by the name of Maester Ortengryn.

He dies
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 20, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
Dude! How about a spoiler alert! Sheesh!

;)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Father Ted on November 20, 2014, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on November 20, 2014, 05:11:59 PM
QuoteWIRED can also exclusively reveal an original character in the game, by the name of Maester Ortengryn.

He dies

It's what I say to my boys - I've read the books and they watch the show - everybody dies.  Even characters Mr Martin didn't write - they die.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2014, 10:23:03 AM
Available for pre-purchase on steam now for $26.99 (regular price $29.99)....just lists December 2014 as release date so nothing specific yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/330840/
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
Saw somewhere that says release date for pc is 12/2, next Tuesday.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2014, 08:53:36 AM
Anyone else end up buying this game?  Picked it up myself and just a little ways into it....from what I understand, there is about 2hrs worth of gameplay in the first episode.  So far the story seems decent, but it does help if you know a little bit about GOT first.  I highly recommend playing with a controller since the keyboard commands for me were very unresponsive and caused me to die many times, but with controller better, but not exactly perfect.  Overall, enjoying the story and probably would even like it if it didn't have any gameplay since I really do like GOT and the game play just seems like it is bolted on to give the player something to do occasionally.  The game claims your choices can alter the story, but not sure how to really know but I doubt it could stray too much since all the episodes needs to link together.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 06, 2014, 12:18:12 PM
I'm not interested in playing FP/TP shooters with a controller...I'm really not. Controllers have their uses - but for me it aint games like this.

Whenever an FP/TP shooter comes out with better support/main support for a controller I automatically assume the game has been made for console and they've been too lazy to convert it properly.

I've been told off for calling developers lazy in the past - but there you go - that's my opinion...shite as it might be.

I do LOVE Game of Thrones though...not enough to jump in.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2014, 12:26:03 PM
This game is not really a shooter at all, at least so far.  You perform very simple decision making actions using the controller.  You can still use keyboard, but for me the controller much more responsive in this particular game.  This game is much more about story telling than action.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on December 06, 2014, 11:09:48 PM
Is it worth the 29.99 price?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2014, 11:35:25 PM
I only paid $20 for it and I think it's worth it if your a got fan and not expecting an action game.  You get all six episodes for the price, but only episode one out right now.  It's basically a book story told thru a game and being a got fan, so far I like it.  Five episodes to go:)
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 07, 2014, 05:54:58 AM
So the price is for all 6 episodes? You don't have to pay for the others?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 07, 2014, 07:08:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 07, 2014, 05:54:58 AM
So the price is for all 6 episodes? You don't have to pay for the others?

Correct...you pay for season, which is made up of six episodes.  Each episode can be completed on average in two hours and new episodes are usually released 4-6 weeks apart.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go on sale again during the Xmas sales so if your not in a hurry, might be worth waiting if you feel $29 is too much.  I think the $20 I spent seems like a good sweet spot of being worth it.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 07, 2014, 01:56:00 PM
Are there bewbs?

Can you re-map the keys?  I never got season 2 of The Walking Dead because you couldn't remap the QTE keys away from Q and E.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 07, 2014, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 07, 2014, 01:56:00 PM
Are there bewbs?

Can you re-map the keys?  I never got season 2 of The Walking Dead because you couldn't remap the QTE keys away from Q and E.

No and No.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on December 07, 2014, 04:25:51 PM
No bewbs? Pfft.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: bboyer66 on December 08, 2014, 10:59:01 AM
 Loved the first episode. Some of the best game storytelling I have seen in a long time.  A must buy for any fan of Game of Thrones.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2014, 12:18:52 PM
Bastard. Maybe it will go on sale during the Steam holiday hootenanny.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2015, 10:25:04 AM
Looks like episode 2 due out in February....I am going to ha e to p,at episode1 again to remember where it left off.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/24/telltales-game-of-thrones-episode-2/#more-265281
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 24, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
I would have jumped on it but the 2-hour length of each episode made me think I wouldn't get nearly enough entertainment out of it.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2015, 10:52:30 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 24, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
I would have jumped on it but the 2-hour length of each episode made me think I wouldn't get nearly enough entertainment out of it.

But when you buy it, you get all the episodes so total time will be around 12 hours or so....I got it for pretty cheap (at least what I thought was reasonable) so no regrets for me, especially being a GOT fan.....only kind of thinking it might have been better to play once all the episodes were out since I will forget what happens in between.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2015, 06:04:05 PM
Episode 2 released today....
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 03, 2015, 06:05:48 PM
I'll get it eventually. I'll just wait for a sale. I did that with The Walking Dead (Season 1) and was very happy with my low investment. Should have jumped on Season 2's very recent sale but didn't.

I've also got my eye on the Borderlands game, too.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2015, 06:09:37 PM
I am too impatient to wait and I got it for a decent deal to begin with:)  Although as I mentioned before, there is some benefit in waiting until all the episodes are released because I have honestly forgotten what exactly happened in episode #1:(
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 03, 2015, 06:31:34 PM
Exactly...I jump around so many games (like a Steam $2 sale whore), I can't be bothered to remember what happened, and since decisions carry over from episode to episode...

Well, they do that in The Walking Dead. Do decisions carry over in the Game of Thrones game as well? I'm assuming they do. Er, will.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2015, 06:36:07 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 03, 2015, 06:31:34 PM
Exactly...I jump around so many games (like a Steam $2 sale whore), I can't be bothered to remember what happened, and since decisions carry over from episode to episode...

Well, they do that in The Walking Dead. Do decisions carry over in the Game of Thrones game as well? I'm assuming they do. Er, will.

I believe they are supposed too....
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: glen55 on February 04, 2015, 12:37:21 AM
They definitely carry over.  The episodes tell a continuing story.  Of course that means that you really don't get to make major choices, but you're fooled into thinking you do in a nicely convincing fashion.  For example, at the end of episode 1, no matter what you do, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER NO I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.

I loved the first episode, but I am a humongous GOT/ASOIAF nerd.  I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone who is not at least a GOT watcher and appreciator, but for my fellow nerds, it is a m-u-s-t, especially if you're jonesin' for Season 5 and April is too far away.  In many ways, playing the episode is like being inside a GOT episode.  In a less spoilery sense, you have conversations in episode 1 with Cersei and Ramsey Snow, and damn if those aren't a couple of nerve-tingly places to be.

Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2015, 06:21:55 PM
Final chapter was released today.....I stopped playing after episode one since I knew I would forget things along the way...plan to play them all in order over the holiday.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 23, 2015, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2015, 06:21:55 PM
Final chapter was released today.....I stopped playing after episode one since I knew I would forget things along the way...plan to play them all in order over the holiday.

+1 except for the 'over the holiday' part. I'm not taking any electronics with us when we go out of town for Christmas. Just a few board games.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2015, 01:35:44 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 23, 2015, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2015, 06:21:55 PM
Final chapter was released today.....I stopped playing after episode one since I knew I would forget things along the way...plan to play them all in order over the holiday.

+1 except for the 'over the holiday' part. I'm not taking any electronics with us when we go out of town for Christmas. Just a few board games.
Where are you going BC?
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 24, 2015, 09:29:13 AM
My wife, two kids, and I (and our pit bull) are going to Arizona for two weeks...Phoenix specifically. It's about a 22 hour drive straight through. Do-able but not enjoyable.

I'm just trying to figure out what boardgames I want to take...solo wargames or actual, you know, social games? My daughter is the only one who will play willingly. My father-in-law has an explosive point when it comes to electronic gadgets...if the kids stay on them all day he'll lose his shit, so this might help alleviate his issues, so I definitely need to bring collaborative games. I really want to bring Shadows of Brimstone and/or Fortune and Glory, but they take up a LOT of room, and the car will be packed to the gills as it is.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2015, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2015, 09:29:13 AM
...he'll lose his shit...
lol
Title: Re: Game of Thrones Coming
Post by: Father Ted on November 24, 2015, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2015, 09:29:13 AM

I'm just trying to figure out what boardgames I want to take...solo wargames or actual, you know, social games? My daughter is the only one who will play willingly. My father-in-law has an explosive point when it comes to electronic gadgets...if the kids stay on them all day he'll lose his shit, so this might help alleviate his issues, so I definitely need to bring collaborative games. I really want to bring Shadows of Brimstone and/or Fortune and Glory, but they take up a LOT of room, and the car will be packed to the gills as it is.

A gentle suggestion.  I've found if you want to get a cross-section of people playing then keep it simple - Pictionary for example.  Maybe once they've got into things ramp it up a bit...