Game of Thrones Coming

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 11, 2014, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I'm not interested in playing FP/TP shooters with a controller...I'm really not. Controllers have their uses - but for me it aint games like this.

Whenever an FP/TP shooter comes out with better support/main support for a controller I automatically assume the game has been made for console and they've been too lazy to convert it properly.

I've been told off for calling developers lazy in the past - but there you go - that's my opinion...shite as it might be.

I do LOVE Game of Thrones though...not enough to jump in.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

This game is not really a shooter at all, at least so far.  You perform very simple decision making actions using the controller.  You can still use keyboard, but for me the controller much more responsive in this particular game.  This game is much more about story telling than action.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I only paid $20 for it and I think it's worth it if your a got fan and not expecting an action game.  You get all six episodes for the price, but only episode one out right now.  It's basically a book story told thru a game and being a got fan, so far I like it.  Five episodes to go:)

JudgeDredd

So the price is for all 6 episodes? You don't have to pay for the others?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 07, 2014, 05:54:58 AM
So the price is for all 6 episodes? You don't have to pay for the others?

Correct...you pay for season, which is made up of six episodes.  Each episode can be completed on average in two hours and new episodes are usually released 4-6 weeks apart.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go on sale again during the Xmas sales so if your not in a hurry, might be worth waiting if you feel $29 is too much.  I think the $20 I spent seems like a good sweet spot of being worth it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Are there bewbs?

Can you re-map the keys?  I never got season 2 of The Walking Dead because you couldn't remap the QTE keys away from Q and E.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 07, 2014, 01:56:00 PM
Are there bewbs?

Can you re-map the keys?  I never got season 2 of The Walking Dead because you couldn't remap the QTE keys away from Q and E.

No and No.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

 Loved the first episode. Some of the best game storytelling I have seen in a long time.  A must buy for any fan of Game of Thrones.

Gusington

Bastard. Maybe it will go on sale during the Steam holiday hootenanny.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Looks like episode 2 due out in February....I am going to ha e to p,at episode1 again to remember where it left off.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/24/telltales-game-of-thrones-episode-2/#more-265281

BanzaiCat

I would have jumped on it but the 2-hour length of each episode made me think I wouldn't get nearly enough entertainment out of it.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 24, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
I would have jumped on it but the 2-hour length of each episode made me think I wouldn't get nearly enough entertainment out of it.

But when you buy it, you get all the episodes so total time will be around 12 hours or so....I got it for pretty cheap (at least what I thought was reasonable) so no regrets for me, especially being a GOT fan.....only kind of thinking it might have been better to play once all the episodes were out since I will forget what happens in between.

Grim.Reaper