GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Asid on December 18, 2014, 06:06:57 AM

Title: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 18, 2014, 06:06:57 AM
Hi

There is now an"official" site for the Dogs of war. Here you will find all sorts of info relating to Steel Beasts Pro. Events, sessions, training, official news, etc.....

You do not have to be a member of the Dogs of War to sign up for the site. We are still working on it.

Please take a look.

Here: www.dogsofwarvu.com/ (http://www.dogsofwarvu.com/)

Thank you
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Yskonyn on December 18, 2014, 11:16:42 AM
It looking great Asid!


-oOo-
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Nefaro on December 18, 2014, 02:11:24 PM
Nice!
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 18, 2014, 02:21:28 PM
Kudos on all the work youve done Asid!
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 18, 2014, 02:34:14 PM
Thank you for the kind words  :)
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: jomni on December 18, 2014, 07:18:18 PM
Great. I stopped playing as other stuff got in the way. I applaud your dedication to this title.
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Nefaro on December 18, 2014, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2014, 07:18:18 PM
Great. I stopped playing as other stuff got in the way. I applaud your dedication to this title.

Same.

I'll swing back through shortly, when the fancy strikes again.  Had fun but my interests can be rather flighty as you all know.
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Yskonyn on December 18, 2014, 10:20:59 PM
And here I was, thinking at first the official patch hit!
Darn, Asid! :) :)


-oOo-
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on December 19, 2014, 12:08:51 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 18, 2014, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2014, 07:18:18 PM
Great. I stopped playing as other stuff got in the way. I applaud your dedication to this title.

Same.

I'll swing back through shortly, when the fancy strikes again.  Had fun but my interests can be rather flighty as you all know.

Been playing SB on and off for about 8 years. Every now and then I get really frustrated that the game pigeonholes itself as an armor sim, and does everything else so poorly. If eSim would expand into the combined arms realm I think they would be a bit more successful.. Certainly more realistic and more enjoyable.

DoW is the only VU I've ever played SB with during the last 8 years. Enjoyed my time with them, and will return when I get the itch again.
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 19, 2014, 04:24:29 AM
All the Groghead SB players are still in the "list" however they do need to join the website and fill out the "DOW application" form

All the relevant info will be on the site :)


Regards
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 19, 2014, 04:27:20 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 18, 2014, 10:20:59 PM
And here I was, thinking at first the official patch hit!
Darn, Asid! :) :)


-oOo-

The next update (free) is imminent. It is scheduled for this month. The DOWvu website and news letter will contain all the info :)

Regards
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 19, 2014, 04:28:38 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 19, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

DoW is the only VU I've ever played SB with during the last 8 years. Enjoyed my time with them, and will return when I get the itch again.


Thanks. You are most welcome :)
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 19, 2014, 06:45:11 AM
we will list all news on the site: Twitter and as a "flash" message

Also in the news and announcements section in the forum

Heres the latest:

Official news

Next update is imminent...hopefully this weekend. It was meant to be yesterday but was delayed.
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Nefaro on December 19, 2014, 09:52:32 AM
Quote from: Asid on December 19, 2014, 06:45:11 AM

Heres the latest:

Official news

Next update is imminent...hopefully this weekend. It was meant to be yesterday but was delayed.


Do they typically have the standard follow-up patches to catch the stuff that got through, like most?  Or will we be waiting for awhile in between updates?
Title: Re: Steel Beasts Pro Update
Post by: Asid on December 19, 2014, 12:29:49 PM
Hey Nefaro

They could release a hotfix if it was required but i believe their patches are pretty sound (as mush as they can be)

Also the update will not arrive this weekend. It will be here during the week with an announcement on Sunday.