GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on December 24, 2014, 12:02:41 PM

Title: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
Post by: steve58 on December 24, 2014, 12:02:41 PM
Free yes and brings back memories, but not sure I could ever go back to those kind of graphics :buck2:

http://www.gog.com/game/akalabeth_world_of_doom

...but I grabbed it anyway :D
Title: Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
Post by: MetalDog on December 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.
Title: Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
Post by: Shelldrake on December 24, 2014, 12:13:07 PM
I grabbed it too as a nice bit of gaming history!  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
Post by: JasonPratt on December 24, 2014, 12:26:28 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2Fbow.gif&hash=8a2d5d1ac5e4a22b632ffa7e10a8fbd9413a12c8)
Title: Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
Post by: Nefaro on December 24, 2014, 03:38:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.

I enjoyed reading Silmarillion but I don't remember 90% of it. 

The retention rate is almost as bad as Herodotus' Histories.