Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com

Started by steve58, December 24, 2014, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Free yes and brings back memories, but not sure I could ever go back to those kind of graphics :buck2:

http://www.gog.com/game/akalabeth_world_of_doom

...but I grabbed it anyway :D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MetalDog

The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

I grabbed it too as a nice bit of gaming history!  :coolsmiley:
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.



ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
The Akallabeth was tale of the rise and fall of the Dunedain in the Second Age in Tolkien's Silmarillion.

I enjoyed reading Silmarillion but I don't remember 90% of it. 

The retention rate is almost as bad as Herodotus' Histories.