Ok - Friday is here...what's going down in gamesville?
Not a Friday song - but a fav of mine from the 80's
I can feel some
Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy. When Combat Mission:Shock Force came out I immediately started playing in real time. I never looked back. I swore blind WEGO was the new crap and everytime I tried WEGO I was like "What was the big deal about WEGO in the original CM:BO". But then someone here (sorry - I forget who it was - I think it was Cyrano) played a pbem game with me and it tranformed my gaming style.
I now play (and love) the WEGO system again! Thank you.
I also want to kick off my
F1 2013 season 2. I was glad to see my car is performing as well as it did at the end of the previous season - so i am certain the car keeps it's perks it receives during a season.
I will also be playing more
Shadow of Mordor. Great game. I stumbled into a stonghold. Ran through it with my Caragor and "activated" (forged?) one of the belfry's. I then went back and jumped around killing alot of stuff whilst letting loose Caragors...it was pandemonium and great fun!
I've played a lot of
Omerta: the japanese incentive lately and have to make a small break. Still, i will finish the current chapter i am playing now. I had a real headache with the previous scenario...tough tough (enemy gang, money taken away, police, not enough beer & alcohol...)....had to play it 3 times before being able to complete it. :o
Otherwise, i am a little bit in a "what am i going to play now?" phase. I know that i will be playing
Grand Ages: Rome as soon as i complete the japanese incentive campaign but this is probably going to be at the end of the month. I might play some
Imperium Romanum....working on the city of Rome.
I would like to play a 4x but not sure which one.
Nice song Btw O0
Makes me think that this song fits with my
Omerta mood lately ;)
I'm trying to do a small 4 turn scenario (#10 Crete) in Schwerpunkt's World War II Europe at the moment, but am having issues working out how to use the Naval forces at my disposal to best advantage. With my earlier foray into Russo-German War, I thought I understood Schwerpunkt's stuff, but it seems the new version has either foxed me with a more dazzling map or I'm genuinely losing memory cells in my brain and if I stay away from operational wargames for too long, I revert back to some action soaked RPG plankton. ;)
Metal gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (awesome soundtrack by Shawn Lee & Bei Bei)
Last few days soaking up the sun. 8)
Trying to get the finishing touches put on a review.
And playing a bit of Imperialism II in the early morning or late night while my wife still sleeps.
Going to set up a solo game of No Retreat (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68264/no-retreat-russian-front) and continue my ASL game with Ubercat tonight and/or tomorrow night. I also have some new Blood Bowl miniatures that came in from a kickstarter project and it'd be nice to find the time to sit down and do some relaxing painting.
I also picked up a copy of DC: Case Blue based on the thread here but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend.
Also based on a thread here, I grabbed Ultimate General: Gettysburg but have worn that thing out already and can achieve a total victory in my sleep with it but that's my go-to 30 minute filler if I want to play a mindless game of something. :)
Edit: "Weezer". All time worst name for a band ever. My opinion.
I am in the unusual position of having 3 new games to play, Age of Wonders 3, Skyrim, and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. Most likely, it will be catch as catch can in MP with AoW3, Skyrim until I run into something I can't handle or get bored and then FE:LH to scratch that Civ itch. Oh, and it's the Divisional round in the NFL playoffs, so, I'll be watching those, too!
I finished State of Decay this week so am ready to try something new, which I think will be AoW3. My Empire Total War campaign is also calling me.
Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 06:54:46 AM
Edit: "Weezer". All time worst name for a band ever. My opinion.
What!, you haven't heard of
Scraping Foetus off the Wheel, with their epic song titled
"You've got Foetus on your breath". :)
^The guy who fronted all the various 'Foetus' band incarnations does music for the Venture Brothers show on Cartoon Network. Strange how musical careers sometimes turn out.
I'd take "Foetus mixed with dog poo" over "Weezer" any day.
QuoteSay mates, I think I got it. It came to me when Patrick was having an asthma attack last night...
It's supposed to rain all weekend here, and be 40 degrees or so. 40's not bad, but rain, pfft. I hate driving in this town as it is, but add rain to it and fuhgeddaboutit. Only outside activity I plan on is going to the store for groceries and that's that.
As for gaming, I started a game of
Fleet Commander: Nimitz the night before last, played through one battle. I wrote down everything with the anticipation of writing up an AAR, but my issue with that is writing takes no time, but image manipulation to help tell the story, does.
I'm going to do some more
Gary Grigsby's War in the West to continue my review, but boy oh boy, that game has a learning curve to it, especially since I never played War in the East and am not at all familiar with the system.
I'd like to do some other board games, stuff I got for Christmas, including
Shadows of Brimstone City of Ancients, or
Zombie Dice, or
Gears of War The Boardgame...something with the kids.
On a positive note I found a semi-regular boardgame group very near where I live...in fact they live around the corner from my old house, which is about 4 miles away from my current house. Here's hoping they get some games going soon, and are not axe murderers and/or gross in general. They look normal on Facebook, but looks can be deceiving, LOL.
What town?
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 09, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
What town?
Houston. Spring, actually. I'm on the far north side. Been here 21+ years and I still can't call it home. :(
Gents: 8)
Continue with a couple of Flashpoint Campaigns - Red Storm PBeM games and throw in some AI matches between turns. Maybe resume my Strategic Command WW2 Global Conflict campaign game as the Axis. Sunny, but cold here in the mid- 30's to 40's F... so good weekend to limit most of my activities to indoors. :)
Houston has a good sized ASL group (newbies most welcomed). I've met a number of them and they all seem "normal". :)
http://asl.casagranda.com/ (http://asl.casagranda.com/)
And seriously, even if you don't own a single piece of ASL but have some interest, contact them and say that you don't own any of it but you'd like to learn and they will match you up with someone using their ASL(SK) gear and you will be playing within 30 minutes (basic infantry). It's that easy to teach.
Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 08:40:47 AM
Houston has a good sized ASL group (newbies most welcomed). I've met a number of them and they all seem "normal". :)
http://asl.casagranda.com/
I call oxymoron :P
Thanks, GJK. I'll have to check their site out and see where they meet (though I can only see a reference to Southwest Houston, which may as well be Austin, it's as far from me, lol).
In all honesty I'm not a huge Squad Leader fan anymore. I played it to death in high school and early on in college, but I lost my interest in it then and haven't played it since. I think I still have my original SL box somewhere in the attic.
I might be interested in giving it another try though.
Playing some Dragon Age - Inquisition. And some Shadow of Mordor as well. Then it shall be time to start a Shogun 2 campaign...I want to finally win a campaign of Shogun 2 before Attila is released.
Dragon Age - Inquisition
SWTOR
FC:RS
A bit more of my Strategic Command WW2 Pacific Theater campaign. Not sure what else I'm in the mood for just yet.
Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 06:54:46 AM
Going to set up a solo game of No Retreat (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68264/no-retreat-russian-front) and continue my ASL game with Ubercat tonight and/or tomorrow night. I also have some new Blood Bowl miniatures that came in from a kickstarter project and it'd be nice to find the time to sit down and do some relaxing painting.
I also picked up a copy of DC: Case Blue based on the thread here but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend.
Also based on a thread here, I grabbed Ultimate General: Gettysburg but have worn that thing out already and can achieve a total victory in my sleep with it but that's my go-to 30 minute filler if I want to play a mindless game of something. :)
Edit: "Weezer". All time worst name for a band ever. My opinion.
Meanwhile, this weekend, in other news, I'm going to be playing CMFI (a small, much-worked over US attack on a Luftwaffe PanzerGrenadierBattalion); WitPAE PBEM and some Fontenoy (boardgame) and possibly some CMANO and DCS.
CM:FI PBEM
Elite: Dangerous -- Yeah, bought in. Flying it very well with my Xbox 360 wireless controller, thanks very much, but I've discovered in the 36th (?) Century, the prevalence of 733+ /\/008-p\/\//\/3rz does not appear to have diminished.
Battle for Stalingrad card game (DVG)
Warfighter (also DVG)
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
P.S.: Of course DC:CB with Doug, but I'm not "playing" that as much as I am "experiencing" it...
Probably some World of Tanks, trying to get to the IS7 before it goes off sale and some Naval Action. I also would like to play some Endless Legend and tryout Fleet Commander Nimitz. I got all the pieces organized, but haven't tried them out yet.
Big football weekend too, Redbirds are playing for the FCS national championship Saturday and the Broncos play on Sunday.
Dragon Age Inquisition - So far I'm enjoying it more then my previous experiences with Bioware games. The camera controls are awful,l but I'm enjoying almost everything else. Still in the Hinterlands zone. Decided to stop accepting new quests and finish ones I already have. If I don't I'm never going to move forward in the game.
Command - Beta testing and scenario research.
Distant Worlds and EUIV AAR's.
Gonna be doing my usual Star Trek Online this weekend, and I am sure a ton of Command testing as per usual. May just fire up EU3 but haven't decided yet.
Working my way through the DC Case Blue 1st Pz. Army campaign slowly and when my few remaining brain cells need a break, Skyrim. Where I've just gotten to Riften. 250 Hours in and there's still new stuff to see. Attn: MetalDog. Your remark about running into anything you can't handle in Skyrim reminded me that I had a hell of time playing when I first started out until I looked at the game control buttons list and realized that you can adjust the difficulity level up or down anytime. It comes in very handy.
I got Command as a Christmas gift. This grunt is going to sit down and try to learn to play with the Air Force and Navy's toys.
Might get back to my area of expertise and do some scenario building in SPMBT if I have the time.
EUIV with the Veritas et Fortitudo mode.
Maybe get back into State of Decay and try some Cities in Motion.
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Wow, Mike...hope her recovery is quick!
And a hard cover War in the West manual? Nice...wish I got one of those for my review.
Best wishes to your mom Mikeck. TRY to be a good son until she's better. I know it's hard hanging out here. :2funny:
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Please accept our wishes for speedy and complication-free recovery.
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 09, 2015, 11:40:35 AM
Attn: MetalDog. Your remark about running into anything you can't handle in Skyrim reminded me that I had a hell of time playing when I first started out until I looked at the game control buttons list and realized that you can adjust the difficulity level up or down anytime. It comes in very handy.
@Sir Slash-Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind.
@mikeck-Prayers for a speedy recovery for your mom and the increased mental attention needed to devour the manual :)
My Volmar campaign in
Armada 2526 Supernova continues. Have only met the Teyes Flock so far. We're on pretty good terms, although the little bastards keep blackmailing me for tech to keep their trade embargo lifted.
Planning to get some more time in with
Rome II: Wrath of Sparta, although I might finally give in and fire up a Spartan campaign. Holy s***, playing the Athenians is tough!
Am also feeling the need for some fantasy 4x as well. Probably either
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes or the
Worlds of Magic beta.
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 09:02:27 AM
I want to finally win a campaign of Shogun 2 before Attila is released.
You're just an unrepentant optimist, aren't you? :P
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Best wishes to your mom,
mikeck. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
wow...I hope she has a strong recovery. Good luck.
The manual for War in the West is beautiful, isn't it?
Manual is great...worth every penny.
Appreciate the well-wishes.
Luckily I had played WitE a bit so I can read the manual and kind of get what they are talking about
Get hammered. Stay up late and shoot people in WT stupor after all the lightweights retire for the evening.
Best wishes to your mum mikeck hope she's ok
I'll be mostly dealing drugs and slaves in elite, wishing I could start my new aow 3 campaign
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Hope your mom recovers fast!
My weekend is going to consist of Wings Over Flanders Fields, Operation Crusader(DOS) and the Khartoum and Zulu mod for Napoleon: Total War.
More prayers for Mike and his mom...
ANOTHER WEEK WITH NO NEW GAMES BOUGHT! -- well, after all, it's only a week and a half I guess. But still.
I'll try to remember to post up a new entry on my PanzOrc Corpz Generals AAR (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12285.0) every day, but that won't take much time. Unsure what I'll be actually playing most, though. I feel a bit daunted by the prospect of actually playing the games I own! >:D
One game I did take a first crack at today while fighting two computers in order to close out the year, was the iPhone game Empire -- don't know if it has a subtitle, probably so -- which is... hmm... it's like a very light version of Master of Magic, with some interesting hooks. Looks sharp. Basically Vikings (with, uh, tigers) at Ragnarok: the world will certainly end, it's only a matter of time now, but in the final cold years with Lovecraftian goo ripping out of the ground in ever greater quantities, the Norsemen decide to buckle down and live and fight as long as they can. Only three cities can be operated at a time, and doing so drains the land every week until the cities have to be abandoned in ruins and the Norse pack up and try to find an unspoiled area. Ideally if possible send out warrior groups to beat back the nastiness and reclaim the land temporarily for migrating back to perhaps. Tac battles are a turn-based lane-fight but with a deck of cards being constantly dealt out and reshuffled (for the player; fortunately the creatures made of dissolution don't get that advantage.)
It's surprisingly gripping. :coolsmiley:
Best wishes to your Mom mikeck...and welcome to Stryker07.
Martok - Shogun 2 is beautiful and well made enough that I actually enjoy getting my arse handed to me every time I play.
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 07:09:08 PM
Martok - Shogun 2 is beautiful and well made enough that I actually enjoy getting my arse handed to me every time I play.
Have you tried one of the mods that soften the Realm Divide? Could give you that extra bit of time for the win. :smiley6600:
Good luck with your Mom mikeck
Nef - never tried any mods for Shogun 2 - the only TW I have not modded. I want to try to win au natural.
I haven't decided yet...probably some CK2 as usual.
pants are overrated.
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
wishing I could start my new aow 3 campaign
What's stopping you?
After leaning back and letting my brain slosh around a bit, I decided what I really wanted to play tonight was the Captain America: Super Soldier unofficial movie sequel game tie-in. A really well-done little game; I've beaten it before, but not in a while. Had a fun night putting the fist down on Nazi/Hydra thugs. :knuppel2:
I'm almost done with South Park: The Stick of Truth. It's a fun game. Not amazingly so, but highly entertaining, and worth the $12 I originally spent on it. I have about 15 hours on it and maybe one more hour - I think I'm near the end, anyway.
Skyrim and DC: Warsaw to Paris
Starfury's admission that he has never experienced any of the Myst games motivates me to replay Myst: Revelation and re-experience all that was the mighty D'ni civilization, masters of the Art of the Linking books, gateways to the multiverse.
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
I hope your mom does well. Give her all our best wishes.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 09, 2015, 08:08:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 09, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
What town?
Houston. Spring, actually. I'm on the far north side. Been here 21+ years and I still can't call it home. :(
I went to visit a friend of mine many, many years ago who had been transferred to Houston by his employer. I was accompanied by another friend who's great failing was that after a few beers he would lose all sense of crowd awareness (IE: people staring at you... ). Our mutual Houstonian transplant friend took us to several local hotspots (one of which had been named 'Rambo's' but apparently changed it's name to 'Commando's' after a cease and desist order). After visiting quite a few places we ended up at one of those music joints where at least half of the men were wearing cowboy hats and all the girls had Heather Locklear hairdos. As we wandered in my less tactful friend blurted out loud to all who could hear:
"I'll bet they got both kinds here... Country
and Western!"
The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 09, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...
Ive had that moment in a country bar. very uncomfortable!
In my previous life; as in the late 80's, I was on the Sheriff's department in Los Angeles and I was dating a Custody Assistant that was a very pretty black girl. She lived in Compton. She wanted to take me to one of her favorite night clubs in the heart of the city there. So we walked in to this club that had bars on the windows and door; a white guy with this pretty black girl in to this hard core all black club. The scene was like from a movie where the record scratches and everyone just stops everything to have a look. I nervously put a hand on my back up revolver thinking that I was going to have to shoot my way out of that joint at some point but after a short time, I was mingling and having a good time. Fond memories of that night.... :)
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 09, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
"I'll bet they got both kinds here... Country and Western!"
The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...
:2funny:
The town I live in you could actually ride your horse into the bar. But they wouldn't serve them of course--- the horses would never tip. Finally the local girls put a stop to it because by closing time you couldn't tell the difference. ::)
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Wishing you, your mum and your family all the very best Mike.
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 09:00:29 PM
Nef - never tried any mods for Shogun 2 - the only TW I have not modded. I want to try to win au natural.
I have managed a win in both vanilla and using Darthmod. Both games were satisfying but I preferred the Darthmod experience.
Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery by your mom! My dad had open heart surgery 10 years ago and he is still going strong.
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 07:09:08 PMMartok - Shogun 2 is beautiful and well made enough that I actually enjoy getting my arse handed to me every time I play.
Well I certainly can't argue with that. I've played various games myself for the same reason. :)
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 10, 2015, 09:21:02 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 09, 2015, 09:27:30 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
wishing I could start my new aow 3 campaign
What's stopping you?
The elite icon next to it
"Elite" icon? ???
Quote from: Martok on January 10, 2015, 09:25:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 07:09:08 PMMartok - Shogun 2 is beautiful and well made enough that I actually enjoy getting my arse handed to me every time I play.
Well I certainly can't argue with that. I've played various games myself for the same reason. :)
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 10, 2015, 09:21:02 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 09, 2015, 09:27:30 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
wishing I could start my new aow 3 campaign
What's stopping you?
The elite icon next to it
"Elite" icon? ???
Playing elite keeps stopping me Martok
On my to do list but I'll probably not get to this weekend:
IL2 Stalingrad
Dragon Age Inquisition
Wolfenstein (the new one that came out last year, can't remember the actual title)
On my to do list that I will play this weekend:
Mount & Blade Warband Gekokujo mod
AoWIII MP with MD and possibly Bob if I can get online at a convenient time for the U.K. ;)
War Thunder (working on my Sparviero bombers in my German tech tree. I also got a really cool quad 50 American half track that is a blast to play)
Quote from: Shelldrake on January 10, 2015, 07:38:52 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 09:00:29 PM
Nef - never tried any mods for Shogun 2 - the only TW I have not modded. I want to try to win au natural.
I have managed a win in both vanilla and using Darthmod. Both games were satisfying but I preferred the Darthmod experience.
I won my first campaign in vanilla Shogun 2 but it was down to the wire.
It was an exciting game, but the Realm Divide and relatively short turn limit made it seem more like a race against time in the end. So I began using an extra turn mod and another that reduces spreads the realm divide diplo penalties out over a longer period. That being said, I can understand Gus wanting to beat vanilla first.
^Just casually browsing the Steam workshop now, you know, just in case...nothing really stands out.
Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
^Just casually browsing the Steam workshop now, you know, just in case...nothing really stands out.
I picked up Warhammer Quest deluxe edition earlier this week. It brings back fond memories of the tabletop game, although it's not terribly deep for a digital RPG and a bit pricey for a port IMO.
I hope it will hold my interest for some very light Warhammer Fantasy fare until
Mordheim gets the update(s) which add persistent character development & such (for something deeper).
Don't think I'd recommend digital Warhammer Quest to everyone. Gotta like the IP and the boardgame mechanics. I suppose it's a bit comparable to the recent
Space Hulks.
I meant specifically for Shogun 2 mods.
Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2015, 04:06:27 PM
I meant specifically for Shogun 2 mods.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.createfinancialwealth.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F10%2Fdoah.jpg&hash=f6eb14d4e66fb6c46339a1df9c192814cfece772)
But because of your post I checked out that Warhammer Quest game...looks a bit 'meh.'
Well ended up wasting most of my afternoon playing my Jedi Guardian in SWTOR.
Just finished another two hours in Dragon Age: Inquisition...what a game.
In Armada 2526 Supernova, I've discovered another star system with an Irradiated planet -- a hellish world for most races in the game, but a veritable paradise for my Volmar. Even more importantly, however, it's a Very Rich system; any colony established there will get major discounts to construction costs for structures and ships built there, plus hefty bonuses to both tax and mining income. Oh, plus the system has an Oort Cloud, which allows the player to build a Comet Mine for extra income (if they've researched the requisite technology...which I have). 8)
In Rome II: Wrath of Sparta (have I mentioned lately how much I really, really f-ing hate that name? >:( ), I've kicked off my Spartan campaign. There's nothing quite like fielding Greece's best heavy infantry, plus simultaneously being allied with your arch-rival's two bitterest enemies. Truly, I think Thebes and Corinth hate Athens even more than we do... >:D
Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
Victory at Sea
Age of Wonders III
I am a glutton for punishment so I am going to fire up "war in the West" and "Aurora" to scratch that deep 4x space itch
^There's a deep-acting lotion for that.
^He'd know! :2funny:
^It's alright, I still love your mum anyway :)
Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2015, 03:15:31 PM
^It's alright, I still love your mum anyway :)
Actually - she asked me to ask you not to bother her anymore. She said something about you not being the man you used to be! :D
That is true.
I'm much better now :coolsmiley:
:2funny:
I spent most of my free gaming time this weekend playing Everquest. Ran an enchanter through the tutorial zone. Granted the graphics are not great and the ui is a huge pain in the ass to learn and organize, but I can honestly say I enjoyed playing the game.
Just watched the movie, 47 Ronin. Now I'm wanting to go back to Shogun 2 TW. :coolsmiley:
I didn't get anything done that I wanted. In fact I played Elite:Dangerous for a few hours on Saturday and that was my gaming.
Sunday afternoon I spent unboxing Fleet Commander:Nimitiz and setting it up for turn 1 of the 1942 scenario.
Well screw you guys because I stuck with the plan.
I played a butt-ton of CK2 on Friday night (followed by far too much Youtube and Jameson's... :-[ )
Saturday was a book day.
Sunday (today) I played a bit of Morrowind, a bit of Gothic 3, and another butt-ton of CK2. What a fantastic game CK2 is. I swear, every time I feel like I've seen it all, the game throws such hard decisions at me. In my current game, once again vying for the throne of Scotland (which I took early as Moray) I've had to imprison my brother, and execute my son. I mean, what kind of game encourages that?! I'm having a blast though. I'm starting to dig deeper into the mechanics of the game, and I'm fiddling with the laws with the intent of instituting medium to high crown authority so I can keep inheritance in the family. I had a pretty scary few years there where it looked like I conquered Scotland only to lose it in a vote to a pretender.
What an awesome game. O0
I wish I had the discipline to keep notes and do an AAR. This game writes AARs like nothing I've ever seen.
While this wasn't nearly as dramatic as my drama as a Welsh prince, it was still tense as I waited to see if I, or my pretender vassal, would die first for the Scottish throne. After all the pain I went through to get it, it was seriously not fun to play out. And then the revolts...and executing my son. I didn't want to, but he left me no choice really. The twists and turns were so damn compelling!
Brutal game, man. O0
Dammit, man. Now you make want to fire up my copy of CK2 again -- and I'm already elbow-deep into both my Armada 2526 and FE:LH campaigns... :buck2:
Finished my Omerta chapter and played a scenario of Glory of the Roman Empire .
Had an interesting discussion with a friend's father who's from the US about the Civil War (he made twice the Pickett charge) and think i'll start a new campaign of Civil War: Generals next week.
I didn't stick with my plan either. Instead I played some Company of Heroes with the excellent Blitzkrieg mod, a couple of scenarios in my Allied Corps campaign, and got sucked back into Farcry 2. Not what I planned but nevertheless a good weekend of gaming.
Quote from: Shelldrake on January 12, 2015, 07:31:35 AM
Instead I played some Company of Heroes with the excellent Blitzkrieg mod
Is this mod compatible with the standard campaigns ?
Quote from: Martok on January 12, 2015, 03:32:57 AM
Dammit, man. Now you make want to fire up my copy of CK2 again -- and I'm already elbow-deep into both my Armada 2526 and FE:LH campaigns... :buck2:
Ha! After reading this article (http://www.cnet.com/news/modern-forensics-solve-700-year-old-murder-mystery/) I wanted to fire up CK2 again. :P
Quote from: Pete Dero on January 12, 2015, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on January 12, 2015, 07:31:35 AM
Instead I played some Company of Heroes with the excellent Blitzkrieg mod
Is this mod compatible with the standard campaigns ?
Not sure as I have only played skirmish matches with the mod.