It's F.R.I.D.A.Y people - what are you playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, January 09, 2015, 04:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Nef - never tried any mods for Shogun 2 - the only TW I have not modded. I want to try to win au natural.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I haven't decided yet...probably some CK2 as usual.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

After leaning back and letting my brain slosh around a bit, I decided what I really wanted to play tonight was the Captain America: Super Soldier unofficial movie sequel game tie-in. A really well-done little game; I've beaten it before, but not in a while. Had a fun night putting the fist down on Nazi/Hydra thugs.  :knuppel2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I'm almost done with South Park: The Stick of Truth. It's a fun game. Not amazingly so, but highly entertaining, and worth the $12 I originally spent on it. I have about 15 hours on it and maybe one more hour - I think I'm near the end, anyway.

Bison


Staggerwing

Starfury's admission that he has never experienced any of the Myst games motivates me to replay Myst: Revelation and re-experience all that was the mighty D'ni civilization, masters of the Art of the Linking books, gateways to the multiverse.

Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!

I hope your mom does well. Give her all our best wishes.

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 09, 2015, 08:08:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 09, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
What town?

Houston. Spring, actually. I'm on the far north side. Been here 21+ years and I still can't call it home. :(

I went to visit a friend of mine many, many years ago who had been transferred to Houston by his employer. I was accompanied by another friend who's great failing was that after a few beers he would lose all sense of crowd awareness (IE: people staring at you... ). Our mutual Houstonian transplant friend took us to several local hotspots (one of which had been named 'Rambo's' but apparently changed it's name to 'Commando's' after a cease and desist order). After visiting quite a few places we ended up at one of those music joints where at least half of the men were wearing cowboy hats and all the girls had Heather Locklear hairdos. As we wandered in my less tactful friend blurted out loud to all who could hear:

"I'll bet they got both kinds here... Country and Western!"

The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 09, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...

Ive had that moment in a country bar.  very uncomfortable!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GJK

In my previous life; as in the late 80's, I was on the Sheriff's department in Los Angeles and I was dating a Custody Assistant that was a very pretty black girl.  She lived in Compton.  She wanted to take me to one of her favorite night clubs in the heart of the city there.  So we walked in to this club that had bars on the windows and door; a white guy with this pretty black girl in to this hard core all black club.  The scene was like from a movie where the record scratches and everyone just stops everything to have a look.  I nervously put a hand on my back up revolver thinking that I was going to have to shoot my way out of that joint at some point but after a short time, I was mingling and having a good time.  Fond memories of that night....  :)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 09, 2015, 10:18:27 PM

"I'll bet they got both kinds here... Country and Western!"

The band actually stopped playing for a few seconds and all was quiet. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced...

:2funny:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

The town I live in you could actually ride your horse into the bar. But they wouldn't serve them of course--- the horses would never tip. Finally the local girls put a stop to it because by closing time you couldn't tell the difference.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ian C

Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!

Wishing you, your mum and your family all the very best Mike.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2015, 09:00:29 PM
Nef - never tried any mods for Shogun 2 - the only TW I have not modded. I want to try to win au natural.

I have managed a win in both vanilla and using Darthmod. Both games were satisfying but I preferred the Darthmod experience.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Shelldrake

Quote from: mikeck on January 09, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery by your mom! My dad had open heart surgery 10 years ago and he is still going strong.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell