GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2015, 11:58:27 AM

Title: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2015, 11:58:27 AM
Still in early access...for $6.99, I'm willing to give it a shot.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335940/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/335940/)
Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: endfire79 on February 21, 2015, 01:11:21 PM
Wow, I remember playing the original as a kid on the SNES. Tough, but great at the time
Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: republic on February 22, 2015, 06:22:40 PM
Excellent!  I've been wishing someone would do this.  There was that Russian made game Direct Hit Missile War, but it seems to be abandoned now.  I'll have to pick this up.
Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 22, 2015, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: republic on February 22, 2015, 06:22:40 PM
Excellent!  I've been wishing someone would do this.  There was that Russian made game Direct Hit Missile War, but it seems to be abandoned now.  I'll have to pick this up.

Direct Hit Missile War was a disappointment. It was a series of scripted missions...that killed it for me.
Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: Skwerl on February 23, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?

Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: LongBlade on February 23, 2015, 10:35:52 AM
Quote from: Skwerl on February 23, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?

Judging by the animations and price they're still in early development.
Title: Re: Metal Marines Remake...Finally!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 23, 2015, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: Skwerl on February 23, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?

It has a VERY long way to go. They just added a single-player AI last week. I would say it is very early in development and you would probably be better off waiting a few months if you have no interest in being part of the development process.