Metal Marines Remake...Finally!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 21, 2015, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Still in early access...for $6.99, I'm willing to give it a shot.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335940/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


endfire79

Wow, I remember playing the original as a kid on the SNES. Tough, but great at the time
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

republic

Excellent!  I've been wishing someone would do this.  There was that Russian made game Direct Hit Missile War, but it seems to be abandoned now.  I'll have to pick this up.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: republic on February 22, 2015, 06:22:40 PM
Excellent!  I've been wishing someone would do this.  There was that Russian made game Direct Hit Missile War, but it seems to be abandoned now.  I'll have to pick this up.

Direct Hit Missile War was a disappointment. It was a series of scripted missions...that killed it for me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skwerl

Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?


LongBlade

Quote from: Skwerl on February 23, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?

Judging by the animations and price they're still in early development.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skwerl on February 23, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
Jarhead,

Is it any good?  How "finished" is it?

It has a VERY long way to go. They just added a single-player AI last week. I would say it is very early in development and you would probably be better off waiting a few months if you have no interest in being part of the development process.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18