GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on March 11, 2015, 08:23:19 AM

Title: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: undercovergeek on March 11, 2015, 08:23:19 AM


i said it all in the title really, left me without a punchline down here

check out some screenies here -

http://steamworldgames.com/heist/screenshots/
Title: Re: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: Rayfer on March 11, 2015, 08:48:23 AM
An amusing trailer and perhaps a fun game.....but I absolutely hate side-scrollers.
Title: Re: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 11, 2015, 09:13:39 AM
I'm generally not a fan of side-scrollers either, but they can be done right...Cortex Command, Starbound, Terreria, etc.

The trailer doesn't give you much info. about the game though.
Title: Re: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: Rayfer on March 11, 2015, 09:30:21 AM
Rock/Paper/Shotgun article on the game...http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/11/hands-on-steamworld-heist/#more-275279 Generally positive "hands on" review....interesting that the game has turn based combat.
Title: Re: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: undercovergeek on March 11, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 11, 2015, 09:13:39 AM
I'm generally not a fan of side-scrollers either, but they can be done right...Cortex Command, Starbound, Terreria, etc.

The trailer doesn't give you much info. about the game though.

Tis turn based - more of a side scrolling x-com!

I hope
Title: Re: Steamworld Heist - sidescrolling TBS with ship boarding shenanigans
Post by: Arctic Blast on March 11, 2015, 01:28:44 PM
Steamworld Dig was a fun little game, and I'm definitely down for this one.  O0