http://www.gog.com/news/star_trek_premieres_on_gogcom
Can't wait for the better Trek games to finally reach digital distribution! :)
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok. :knuppel2:
25th Anniversary, Judgment Rites, and Starfleet Academy.
No Klingon Academy yet, but I'm sure that's on the way. A fine start.
"YOU! THE ONE WHO IS MOVING! EXPERIENCE... BIJ!"
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok. :knuppel2:
Ha! I still have the original CD and manual but it would be nice to see it on GOG.
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
That would be nice but I'm not sure GOG would be able to fix the bugs
Klingon Academy has when used in modern OSes.
I'd most like to see
Starfleet Command 2: Empires At War and especially
Orion Pirates. I never picked up Orion Pirates back in the day, so it's a must. Also wouldn't mind getting a DRM-free version of
SFC3 either, although I've always thought the look of the ships in the early ST movie era were the best of the lot (which is the style used in SFC2).
Had some great SFC2/3 multi-player fun long ago, but they're still great starship combat games solo. Much more convenient playing this Starfleet Battles port on the PC than on the tabletop. O0
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok. :knuppel2:
Ha! I still have the original CD and manual but it would be nice to see it on GOG.
...same here (and I even have the box 8)). Glad to hear these are coming to GOG.
Quote from: Nefaro on May 07, 2015, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
That would be nice but I'm not sure GOG would be able to fix the bugs Klingon Academy has when used in modern OSes.
They'd probably use DosBox anyway.
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
I'd most like to see Starfleet Command 2: Empires At War and especially Orion Pirates. I never picked up Orion Pirates back in the day, so it's a must.
+ 1000. Sadly, I'm about 80% sure I own SC2 with the Orion Pirates extension somewhere in my various chests of drawers or bags already... But alas, nowadays that's almost like looking for the Ark of the Covenant.
Yeah, I want to see that game that Martok is always playing. That's BoF, right? The one where you play as a bridge commander on a starship? Or maybe I've got two games mixed up. I seem to remember JH posted about the game a long time ago, but when I looked on ebay it was hella-expensive, like over $100.
Looking forward to seeing Star Trek Fridge Commander and that one thats 4x. Can't recall the name.
Fridge Commander. That was the one I was thinking of.
Oh hell. More games to buy. Or re-buy as it were.
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Fridge Commander. That was the one I was thinking of.
lol. Counselor Troi, make me a sammich!
Quote from: mirth on May 07, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Fridge Commander. That was the one I was thinking of.
lol. Counselor Troi, make me a sammich!
You mean let you stick your head between her assets? ;)
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok. :knuppel2:
Ha, you read my mind. 8)
Yeah, I really hope that happens. I've actually been playing BotF a lot the last few days (Ultimate Mod 5), and have been having a blast. I worry what'll happen if my disk ever breaks, as I'd like to still own a legitimate copy. Having the game be released on GOG would obviously alleviate that concern.
Would also love to have a GOG version of
Klingon Academy too, if only so that I don't have to spend the time messing around with six f***ing disks every damn time I want to play or install it. :-\ >:( :o ::)
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 12:42:16 PM
Yeah, I want to see that game that Martok is always playing. That's BoF, right? The one where you play as a bridge commander on a starship? Or maybe I've got two games mixed up. I seem to remember JH posted about the game a long time ago, but when I looked on ebay it was hella-expensive, like over $100.
Quote from: Ian C on May 07, 2015, 01:28:26 PM
Looking forward to seeing Star Trek Fridge Commander and that one thats 4x. Can't recall the name.
Birth of the Federation is the 4x game that I'm such a huge fan of. (And yes,
Toonces, that's the one that you can only afford if you sell half your internal organs. :( ) I'm hoping like crazy that GOG gets this one added to their new stable of Star Trek titles, and soon!!
Quote from: mirth on May 07, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Fridge Commander. That was the one I was thinking of.
lol. Counselor Troi, make me a sammich!
Ahahaha!- *cough-hack-wheeze*
Yyyyeah, there's this BotF AAR that's run on the front page a few times...something like 10 episodes posted by this point. ;)
And yes, Brant, I know it needs to be updated. :-[
Quote from: Martok on May 07, 2015, 04:00:20 PM
Would also love to have a GOG version of Klingon Academy too, if only so that I don't have to spend the time messing around with six f***ing disks every damn time I want to play or install it. :-\ >:( :o ::)
Ahhhh...the good old days of gaming.
(https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1498954_10200799654589875_3442757614253988999_o.jpg)
^ LOL, yep. (I've still got 'em in that original sleeve too!)
On the other hand, KA did come with a wonderfully thick and comprehensive manual. It covered not just gameplay, but all the various nations' ships, plus a good deal of the game's backstory/lore as well. I've spent many happy hours just poring over its pages. :)
But yeah, a disk-free version would be awfully nice.
Quote from: Martok on May 08, 2015, 09:44:42 AM
^ LOL, yep. (I've still got 'em in that original sleeve too!)
Same, with the manual.
I probably ended up reading the manual more than playing the game.
IIRC, I picked Klingon Academy up awhile after it had been out and had just built a new machine with a new Windows OS (XP?) shortly afterward. Ran into buggy problems with it after that and didn't put as much time into it. :-\ Would be nice to have a better behaving version.
I remember the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game - I think, when it was on the shelves of the Babbage's I worked at back in the day. Never played it, though. Is it worth it today?
I did watch a few Let's Play videos but not a lot - if I buy it I don't want to know the plot. But I DO remember that first battle on the bridge; I think I played it on the store's PC, and couldn't get the hang of the controls, and therefore couldn't win that simulated battle, so I got frustrated and never tried it again.
^I think there were some "cheat codes" to skip those annoying parts.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 08, 2015, 03:22:21 PM
I remember the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game - I think, when it was on the shelves of the Babbage's I worked at back in the day. Never played it, though. Is it worth it today?
I did watch a few Let's Play videos but not a lot - if I buy it I don't want to know the plot. But I DO remember that first battle on the bridge; I think I played it on the store's PC, and couldn't get the hang of the controls, and therefore couldn't win that simulated battle, so I got frustrated and never tried it again.
I think they're still worth it, enough that I bought them both. I always felt that these two games were really the only two Star Trek games that truly got it right. The version on GoG is the one with full voice acting from all the principal cast. I also never got to play Judgement Rites, so I'm looking forward to that.
The space combat was never the strong point of these games. I'm finding it a bit hard to pull off with the pixelated graphics, but I'm getting the hang of it.
Star Trek The Secret of Vulcan Fury was going to be the fully motion capture followup to the 25th Anniversary games, but it never saw the light of day. I've always regarded it as one of my greatest gaming disappointments that they were unable to continue to produce the TOS games.
I screwed the pooch even before the first mission could start. Got those orders to go to the Pollux system and I just kind of winged it. Ended up in the Neutral Zone somehow, fighting a D-7, which promptly blew me to bits, and in short order.
I think that was copy protection punishment...which is strange as I thought GOG cleared all that bullshite out. (None of my other games on GOG require those manual-required copy protection schemes.)
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 13, 2015, 04:33:25 PM
I screwed the pooch even before the first mission could start. Got those orders to go to the Pollux system and I just kind of winged it. Ended up in the Neutral Zone somehow, fighting a D-7, which promptly blew me to bits, and in short order.
I think that was copy protection punishment...which is strange as I thought GOG cleared all that bullshite out. (None of my other games on GOG require those manual-required copy protection schemes.)
You have to consult the manual. The starmap is printed in there. That was the old school DRM.