To Boldly Go Where no one has GOGed before

Started by Tpek, May 07, 2015, 08:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

http://www.gog.com/news/star_trek_premieres_on_gogcom

Can't wait for the better Trek games to finally reach digital distribution! :)

bbmike

Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.

What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok.  :knuppel2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

25th Anniversary, Judgment Rites, and Starfleet Academy.

No Klingon Academy yet, but I'm sure that's on the way. A fine start.

"YOU! THE ONE WHO IS MOVING! EXPERIENCE... BIJ!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.

What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok.  :knuppel2:

Ha! I still have the original CD and manual but it would be nice to see it on GOG.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

#5
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.


That would be nice but I'm not sure GOG would be able to fix the bugs Klingon Academy has when used in modern OSes.


I'd most like to see Starfleet Command 2: Empires At War and especially Orion Pirates.  I never picked up Orion Pirates back in the day, so it's a must.  Also wouldn't mind getting a DRM-free version of SFC3 either, although I've always thought the look of the ships in the early ST movie era were the best of the lot (which is the style used in SFC2).

Had some great SFC2/3 multi-player fun long ago, but they're still great starship combat games solo.  Much more convenient playing this Starfleet Battles port on the PC than on the tabletop.  O0

steve58

Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.

What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok.  :knuppel2:

Ha! I still have the original CD and manual but it would be nice to see it on GOG.

...same here (and I even have the box 8)).  Glad to hear these are coming to GOG.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on May 07, 2015, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.


That would be nice but I'm not sure GOG would be able to fix the bugs Klingon Academy has when used in modern OSes.

They'd probably use DosBox anyway.


Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
I'd most like to see Starfleet Command 2: Empires At War and especially Orion Pirates.  I never picked up Orion Pirates back in the day, so it's a must.

+ 1000. Sadly, I'm about 80% sure I own SC2 with the Orion Pirates extension somewhere in my various chests of drawers or bags already... But alas, nowadays that's almost like looking for the Ark of the Covenant.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Yeah, I want to see that game that Martok is always playing.  That's BoF, right?  The one where you play as a bridge commander on a starship?  Or maybe I've got two games mixed up.  I seem to remember JH posted about the game a long time ago, but when I looked on ebay it was hella-expensive, like over $100.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Ian C

Looking forward to seeing Star Trek Fridge Commander and that one thats 4x. Can't recall the name.

Toonces

Fridge Commander.  That was the one I was thinking of.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Oh hell. More games to buy. Or re-buy as it were.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Fridge Commander.  That was the one I was thinking of.

lol. Counselor Troi, make me a sammich!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Quote from: mirth on May 07, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Fridge Commander.  That was the one I was thinking of.

lol. Counselor Troi, make me a sammich!

You mean let you stick your head between her assets?  ;)

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 07, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Nice start, hope to see Klingon Academy one day. And Armada.

What? No BoF? Somebody call Martok.  :knuppel2:
Ha, you read my mind.  8) 


Yeah, I really hope that happens.  I've actually been playing BotF a lot the last few days (Ultimate Mod 5), and have been having a blast.  I worry what'll happen if my disk ever breaks, as I'd like to still own a legitimate copy.  Having the game be released on GOG would obviously alleviate that concern. 

Would also love to have a GOG version of Klingon Academy too, if only so that I don't have to spend the time messing around with six f***ing disks every damn time I want to play or install it.  :-\  >:(  :o  ::) 




Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2015, 12:42:16 PM
Yeah, I want to see that game that Martok is always playing.  That's BoF, right?  The one where you play as a bridge commander on a starship?  Or maybe I've got two games mixed up.  I seem to remember JH posted about the game a long time ago, but when I looked on ebay it was hella-expensive, like over $100.
Quote from: Ian C on May 07, 2015, 01:28:26 PM
Looking forward to seeing Star Trek Fridge Commander and that one thats 4x. Can't recall the name.
Birth of the Federation is the 4x game that I'm such a huge fan of.  (And yes, Toonces, that's the one that you can only afford if you sell half your internal organs. :( )  I'm hoping like crazy that GOG gets this one added to their new stable of Star Trek titles, and soon!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces