GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on May 13, 2015, 11:17:22 AM

Title: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 13, 2015, 11:17:22 AM
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 13, 2015, 11:18:17 AM
has Gus at 1:08 so we all have to buy it, simple as
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Barthheart on May 13, 2015, 12:07:43 PM
Looks like fun!
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Arctic Blast on May 13, 2015, 01:34:22 PM
I'm down with that!
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 13, 2015, 01:58:55 PM
Thats going on the list.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: RooksBailey on May 13, 2015, 02:15:27 PM
Oh...my.... :D

(https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5344/16987630224_9cf9a89746_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Huw the Poo on May 16, 2015, 05:35:57 PM
At least name the game in the thread title Geek, you bellend!
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 16, 2015, 05:58:42 PM
Ah the soothing tones of the Welsh poets
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Zulu1966 on May 17, 2015, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 16, 2015, 05:58:42 PM
Ah the soothing tones of the Welsh poets

Yep - on my list
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
I'm bumping this because it is now released and i want to make sure Rooks/Geek know that, 10% off no less.When you buy it please post your impressions ;D
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Barthheart on May 21, 2015, 09:19:32 PM
Oh-oh.... Might have to buy this.....  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: RooksBailey on May 21, 2015, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
I'm bumping this because it is now released and i want to make sure Rooks/Geek know that, 10% off no less.When you buy it please post your impressions ;D

Ha!  Thanks for the heads up.   :)  I'm going to wait a bit, though.  When it comes to early access, I'd rather wait until it is close to the launch window and nearly feature complete. 

But if the buzz is good enough.... :D



Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:55:43 PM
Been reading and despite my warm feelings towards these types of games i'm going to wait also. Sounds like the only single player component will be skirmish, which would be fine but i worry how much love the AI will get with a multiplayer focus. Also no plans for a map editor, so no community maps, definitely a wait and see for me. To sooth my disappointment i bought shadowrun dragonfall directors cut for  $4.49 and used the funds i earned selling my badges to pay for it, i feel better in i bought a new, shiny game kinda way.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: RooksBailey on May 21, 2015, 11:59:04 PM
Quote from: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:55:43 PM
Been reading and despite my warm feelings towards these types of games i'm going to wait also. Sounds like the only single player component will be skirmish, which would be fine but i worry how much love the AI will get with a multiplayer focus. Also no plans for a map editor, so no community maps, definitely a wait and see for me.

I was disappointed to see that there are only four maps (so far, more will be coming according to the devs).  I was hoping for some procedurally generated maps like in Frozen Synapse.


QuoteTo sooth my disappointment i bought shadowrun dragonfall directors cut for  $4.49 and used the funds i earned selling my badges to pay for it, i feel better in i bought a new, shiny game kinda way.

That was a great investment.   O0 
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Zulu1966 on May 22, 2015, 02:56:38 PM
Quote from: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
I'm bumping this because it is now released and i want to make sure Rooks/Geek know that, 10% off no less.When you buy it please post your impressions ;D

Where has it been released ? Cant remember what it was called now and the video has been taken down ....
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 22, 2015, 02:56:38 PM
Quote from: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
I'm bumping this because it is now released and i want to make sure Rooks/Geek know that, 10% off no less.When you buy it please post your impressions ;D

Where has it been released ? Cant remember what it was called now and the video has been taken down ....



it became lethal tactics as opposed to armed tactics
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Zulu1966 on May 22, 2015, 03:15:02 PM
Thanks for that UG :)
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 03:17:47 PM
 O0

a quick game overview

Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: RooksBailey on May 22, 2015, 04:13:29 PM
Definitely has that Frozen Synapse vibe to it.  Looking good!  Hope it arrives in good condition.  It is already almost a release day buy for me.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Cyrano on May 23, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

Enjoying the heck out of it and we'll only get more content as the EA evolves!

Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Barthheart on May 24, 2015, 06:49:20 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on May 23, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

Enjoying the heck out of it and we'll only get more content as the EA evolves!

What do you like better in this than FS? I really like FS and this looks just as fun.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 24, 2015, 09:03:44 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on May 23, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

I'd like to hear about this also, frozen synapse is solid fun. Is it just graphical? or what. Question: from what i can see from the video's there's just one game mode right now, is that right? One game mode and four maps seems kinda light for an early access launch. I worried about them not putting in random skirmish mode. But damn i love these types of games.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Cyrano on May 24, 2015, 10:20:10 AM
In the end, I guess it is predominantly aesthetic.

I'll observe that I'm shocked this isn't the same folks that built Frozen Synapse, but I suppose they didn't quite invent the notion of "STB" games either...they just made it run.

I played a lot of FS from well before launch, but I never warmed to the art direction and overall look.  It also bothered me that I could never get down "into" the game and look over shoulders or see the game from the "soldier's" viewpoint.   LT looks and plays like paintball with real weapons.  The levels -- though relatively few -- are well thought out and, again, remind me of our local indoor paintball range which has purpose-built themed areas made of chipboard.

I haven't messed around a great deal with the class and abilities systems,  but they're still working on that too as there's more depth promised than in evidence.

The cost of entry is very low and, FWIW, when I bought it, it came with an extra key for free so it was a good deal as well.  Let me say, it's not that I don't like FS...I do.  It's just that the look and feel of this one is more what I had in mind.

Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: undercovergeek on May 24, 2015, 10:53:30 AM
And a hearty handshake for the free key for bringing the game to your attention!!

Oh, wait.....!
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 24, 2015, 11:51:48 AM
is elimination the only game mode right now?
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Cyrano on May 24, 2015, 12:17:36 PM
For the record, I turned the key over to PanzerDe...as if he and I don't have enough games to play...

And, yes, elimination is the only match, but there's something called "Cage Match" in the "Coming Soon" category.

More on the aesthetic side, I am really taken by watching the replays in this one...feels more "story" than FS, but, again, it's like just an aesthetic...
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: -budd- on May 24, 2015, 12:32:09 PM
just sounds like they aren't going the random map generation direction, that will definitely limit the replayability.Playing the same handful of maps will get old, even with randoms starts. Unless their planning on selling map packs or instituting workshop this is an odd way to go in my opinion.If it had random maps i'd already be playing it.
Title: Re: Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art
Post by: Cyrano on May 24, 2015, 01:57:52 PM
They'd have to do something procedural to get a random map system to work...certainly possible, but I imagine it's a mite more difficult than was the case for FS.