GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on May 27, 2015, 05:20:36 PM

Title: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: jomni on May 27, 2015, 05:20:36 PM
An improved version of RUS is being worked on.  Not sure if existing players can upgrade for free.  Sound like what they did to WITP with WITP:AE
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on May 27, 2015, 05:51:24 PM
That's very interesting. I have the game, but like a bunch of other games I bought, haven't devoted much time to it. But a gold version is definitely something I would be interested in like I bought the Rise of Prussia Gold upgrade.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Martok on May 28, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on.  Nonetheless, good to see that it's confirmed. 

Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Greybriar on May 28, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Martok on May 28, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on....

At the AGEOD Forums (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38568-So-uh-Gold-Version), perhaps?
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on May 29, 2015, 03:39:33 PM
Sweet! I am so in. My personal favorite Ageod game.  O0
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Martok on May 30, 2015, 04:01:39 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 28, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Martok on May 28, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on....

At the AGEOD Forums (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38568-So-uh-Gold-Version), perhaps?
Not sure if it was that specific thread, but I do seem to recall seeing something about it in the forums over there now that you mention it, yes.  Thanks for memory-jog.  :) 

Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 09:08:47 AM
Revolution Under Siege Gold

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Famazon%2FLogos%2FRUSG.jpg&hash=92b0bf7d130dfbcf0212493fa0ffd5c602d330eb)

Available: 2 July
This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours

Ageod
http://www.ageod.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/374380

Price:
Download Edition GBP 14.99+tax
Boxed Edition (+ free download)GBP 23.99+tax

There will be a discount for existing owners (maybe just slitherine/matrix purchases)

VPaulus 30 Jun @ 5:15pm
"A discount is planned. :)"


WHAT IS NEW IN REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

    Dozens of new historical events and semi-historical ones to give a permanent flavor to your games
    A myriad of new options and game mechanisms to immerse you even more in the Russian Civil War
    A wealth of new geopolitical options, historical or alternate historical according to the player's choices, which impact resources, popularity and diplomacy to involve various playable factions.
    A Chronology of all the Events and Options of the game, so that players can prepare to the strategic choices they will have to do.
    New updated manuals in English, French, Russian with details rules and design analysis
    A new updated Strategic map useful for your AAR and PBEM.
    Dozens of big fixes and game balance additions, as well as hundreds of minor improvements based on the last 4 years of players experience and feedback,
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: steve58 on July 02, 2015, 09:57:19 AM
Ageod website is showing $25 (digital download) / $35 (dig download + box)

http://www.ageod.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold

...still not seeing how much for upgrade to Gold.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 10:00:37 AM
Quote from: steve58 on July 02, 2015, 09:57:19 AM
Ageod website is showing $25 (digital download) / $35 (dig download + box)

http://www.ageod.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold

...still not seeing how much for upgrade to Gold.

Thanks Steve

It is possible that there may not be an upgrade made available. They did it with Rise of Prussia with the Gold upgrade but maybe not this time.  :'(

Regards
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: steve58 on July 02, 2015, 10:04:31 AM
Asid -- according to VPaulus on the Matrix forums (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3877209), there will be an upgrade path/price for existing RUS owners.   Just hopes the upgrade works no matter where you got RUS.  I'm thinking I got mine from Gamersgate....

..and its also up/available on Matrixgames.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 10:14:42 AM
Hi Steve

From what I have read it seems the Gold edition is stand-alone. A discount will be given to existing owners to enable them to purchase the Gold edition at a lower price.

Let's hope the discount applies to all purchases of RUS

regards
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Bison on July 02, 2015, 10:21:32 AM
Hmm...I figured there would be like a $10 upgrade option, but I don't see it listed on the store front.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Philippe on July 02, 2015, 10:25:52 AM
I suspect the information that you see listed will change a bit over the next few hours.  When I looked a few hours ago they weren't listing a price at all on Matrix, and Steam won't unlock for a few more hours.

Now all I have to do is figure out whether my copy of RUS is in storage or not.  Worse comes to worst it's still installed on my old computer.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on July 02, 2015, 10:27:36 AM
Yes, I'm waiting for the upgrade package too as I'll certainly buy it when it's released. I'm hoping the upgrade package does work with all installs of the game as Asid mentioned because I bought it from Impulse.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 11:01:32 AM
Why does Ageod/Slitherine/Matrix have to wait to release an upgrade price????????????


Sigh  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: JasonPratt on July 02, 2015, 11:20:23 AM
Let us give thanks unto Steam for leading Matrix into the light of updating and modernizing their product line.  8) O0
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 02, 2015, 11:20:23 AM
Let us give thanks unto Steam for leading Matrix into the light of updating and modernizing their product line.  8) O0

Hi Jason

I believe in this instance it was a mod team with no Steam links. Mostly fans :)

Regards
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on July 02, 2015, 12:15:25 PM
Asid posted that a discount will be given to all current game owners to buy the full game and it appears it won't be an upgrade after all from what I just read on the Ageod forum. I still have my receipt from Impulse so I hope that will be enough to get the gold version.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 12:23:41 PM
Hi WallysWorld

From what I know the Gold version is a stand-alone total install. The "upgrade-package" is a discount for existing owners. Hopefully it is for ALL owners regardless of where they purchased the original.

I do not understand why they did not think about this earlier. If they did then why not make a statement about it?

Regards
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on July 02, 2015, 12:35:07 PM
That would be better, Asid. Get a discount on the purchase of the full RUS Gold install instead of purchasing an upgrade like Rise of Prussia had.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 12:42:41 PM
QuoteYou can retrieve a $20 discount if you have a previous version of the game.
When placing the order for the Gold edition, just insert your original game serial number and click on Recalculate button. This should give you a $20 discount.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3877140
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: tgb on July 02, 2015, 12:43:54 PM
I tried my GG activation code on the Matrix website and it didn't work.  I think the $20 discount is only if you bought it from Matrix/Slitherine originally.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 12:50:21 PM
Quote from: tgb on July 02, 2015, 12:43:54 PM
I tried my GG activation code on the Matrix website and it didn't work.  I think the $20 discount is only if you bought it from Matrix/Slitherine originally.

:(
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 12:53:23 PM
Live stream

http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: steve58 on July 02, 2015, 01:09:53 PM
Quote from: tgb on July 02, 2015, 12:43:54 PM
I tried my GG activation code on the Matrix website and it didn't work.  I think the $20 discount is only if you bought it from Matrix/Slitherine originally.

Unfortunately....yup   No deal for us who bought at Gamersgate :(

Quote
I'm sorry but unfortunately the discount is only for those who purchased directly for our stores at Matrix, Slitherine or AGEOD store.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3890804
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: tgb on July 02, 2015, 12:43:54 PM
I tried my GG activation code on the Matrix website and it didn't work.  I think the $20 discount is only if you bought it from Matrix/Slitherine originally.

Hi tgb

I just asked this on their live twitch feed.

Answer was that they didn't think so. The discount code is the serial so you should try anyway. Seems the discount is for Slith/Matrix/Ageod purchase

Regards
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: JasonPratt on July 02, 2015, 01:21:14 PM
From what I recall when I chewed this over thoroughly with Matrix and Gamersgate techs a few months ago, while trying to get Pride of Nations registered, the problem is that other distributors used code generators that are too different or something.


So, Russia Under Siege won't be available on Steam?  :-\
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on July 02, 2015, 01:50:42 PM
My Impulse activation code didn't work either so I might do a pass on this gold version as well. Disappointing though.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Nefaro on July 02, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on July 02, 2015, 01:50:42 PM
My Impulse activation code didn't work either so I might do a pass on this gold version as well. Disappointing though.


Same.  I have a serial from before AGEOD joined Matrix and their new serial code system. 

Probably would've purchased the upgrade but not gonna re-purchase the whole thing.   
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Bison on July 02, 2015, 05:30:22 PM
Well if you contact ageod for a purchase through their store I'm sure they can work with you if you have the order number.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 02, 2015, 06:00:16 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 02, 2015, 05:30:22 PM
Well if you contact ageod for a purchase through their store I'm sure they can work with you if you have the order number.

I would think this is worth a try :)
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: tgb on July 02, 2015, 06:31:53 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 02, 2015, 05:30:22 PM
Well if you contact ageod for a purchase through their store I'm sure they can work with you if you have the order number.

Since the acquisition, Ageod uses the Matrix/Slitherine store.  I tried my Ageod activation code just in case, and no dice.  No way am I buying this a second time.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: GibbyG on July 02, 2015, 07:02:40 PM
Interesting.  My AGEOD worked fine in the store.  Purchased from AGEOD in June 2012, which I believe was before the merger.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: tgb on July 02, 2015, 08:04:31 PM
That may be the difference.  I bought mine at GamersGate, and it seems people who bought there or from Impulse are SOL.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Sir Slash on July 02, 2015, 09:52:26 PM
For sale now at Steam. $25.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: GibbyG on July 02, 2015, 10:39:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up.  Got my Steam key from the Slitherine site and installed on Steam with no issues.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: WallysWorld on July 03, 2015, 09:57:43 AM
Iain McNeil has posted on the Matrix forum that anyone who bought RUS from Gamersgate and Impulse are out of luck with getting a discount for the Gold version: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3891221 (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3891221)

"Anyone who has a copy of Revolution Under Siege from Slitherine/Ageod or Matrix is able to upgrade to the Gold version for just $4.99 ($14.99 if you want the boxed edition). Unfortunately it is not possible to offer this discount to people who bought else where as we do not have the serials to validate. We only have access to the serials that we generated. We understand some people will be upset about this but we simply don't have access to the information supplied by paradox at the time so no way to set this up. "


So I'll definitely will be passing on this version for now as it's hard for myself to justify paying full price for basically an upgrade to the original.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Dammit Carl! on July 03, 2015, 10:02:03 AM
Nice.

I dig the "Interwar," period.  Only wish they'd drop the price on Espana 1936 some.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Sir Slash on July 03, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
10% Off for the Fourth of July holiday weekend all Matrix games. This weekend only.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Boggit on July 11, 2015, 08:52:17 AM
I just got my copy, and deleted the old version.

First impressions playing the GC as the Reds - just a few turns in
* The OB has been dramatically overhauled - lots more leaders and units at the start. Some of the new leader bio's are still in French, so there is more localisation work to be done. Some of the leaders have had their stats changed - e.g. Kamenov is no longer a trainer.
* You have more control over decisions in events - e.g. You can go for a Bolshevik dictatorship, or work with the Socialist Revolutionaries - each choice affects the number of map decisions, need to invade other countries etc.
* Graphics are revamped a bit, including some new leader pics. I'm not sure this is entirely great - I preferred some of the older pics - like the one for Trotsky, and Tukachevsky. This is just personal choice - I'm sure 'll get used to it.
* More depots are in place linking up the main Soviet bases. No need to connect your supply lines by massively building supply units to convert to depots.
* A some leaders are redeployed - e.g. Vatzetis now starts in Kazan, not Moscow.
* Some descriptions of events could do with proof reading into English, as the odd word like "milices", or "promize" doesn't look right in an otherwise English sentence.
* Combat seems to be much like the old game - I didn't see any of the battle options that came out with To End All Wars. Maybe I haven't fought a big enough battle yet? To be honest, I hope this has been brought up to the TEAW standard.

Overall, I think the game is an improvement, although it has some rough edges - largely localisation. I'll have a better idea after I've played it some more.
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: mikeck on July 11, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
Is the scenario where a Victorious Germany marches east to fight the evil communists in Ukraine ?
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on July 11, 2015, 03:36:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback Boggit  O0
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Philippe on July 11, 2015, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: mikeck on July 11, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
Is the scenario where a Victorious Germany marches east to fight the evil communists in Ukraine ?

If you're asking what I think you're asking, the answer is that yes, there is a Drang nach Osten scenario.

If someone doesn't already own RUS Gold, it's a must buy.

If they already own RUS, the answer is a bit more complicated: I stopped playing RUS when they started working on RUS Gold, so for me it was a must buy.  If someone doesn't care  about historicity, their answer might be different.

The current imperfect state of localization is not all that apparent and adds a certain White Russian charm to the game when you do notice eventually notice it.  Back in the days when Balanchine was still alive and kicking I used to tag along with my older sister to some of her ballet classes.  There was always a samovar in the corner and the conversations were in French.  Some of the emigres seemed more comfortable in French than they were in Russian. So in a manner of speaking the odd French biography or bit of Gallic syntax probably makes the game feel more authentic (unless you're playing the Reds).

And I'm sure the game is being tinkered with since an Ageod game is a bit like a fine wine that improves with age. 
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: mikeck on July 12, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
That's what I was asking. Thanks!
Title: Re: Revolution Under Siege Gold
Post by: Asid on November 27, 2015, 01:28:38 PM
Update V1.01c

Revolution never Sleeps! It is time to raise once again, since Revolution Under Siege Gold has been updated to version 1.01c!

Some people have encountered issues some issues in the auto update. If for any reason your game doesn't update automatically.

Click here  (12.3MB) (http://ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/RUS-Gold/RevolutionUnderSiegeGold-Update-v101c.zip)

Patch 1.01c changelog
1 - New EXE; with air reconnaissance duration and elements-click bug in construction mode both fixed
2 - German language fixed
3 - New strategic map now included in the docs folder
4 - Music ini file fixed
5 - Menu links updated and fixed