The Avengers:
Hulk funny. Big mess. COBIE SMULDERS!
Review good. Hulk like. SCARLETT JOHANSSON.
Battlefield Earth:
What a huge pile of shit.
Quote from: Pinetree on May 06, 2012, 04:11:52 AMBattlefield Earth:
What a huge pile of shit.
For Battlefield Earth, you could also go with:
Crap movie. Awesome book. Go read!
Transformers
Good graphics, big boobs, no brain.
Hang on a minute
Quote from: bob48 on May 06, 2012, 06:50:54 AM
Transformers Megan Fox
Good graphics, big boobs, no brain.
;D Fixed it for you ;D
lol...ta!
Avengers, Avengers, Avengers, Avengers, Avengers, Avengers
Avengers:
Apparently Forumites sprout wood after seeing.
The Usual Suspects:
Many clues. Great acting. Still surprised.
The Longest Day:
The epic war story told perfectly.
Boogie Nights:
It was *that* kind of long.
Moonraker:
Space lasers: worst James Bond movie.
Dazed and Confused:
Stoners enjoy wild night without you.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 06, 2012, 12:29:55 PM
The Longest Day:
The epic war story told perfectly.
Lies.
Not a single mention of Canucks.
Quest For Fire
Makes you long for simpler times.
Jaws:
Shark goes out with a bang
Jaws:
Shark makes big box office splash
Star Wars:
Jedi knight wannabe gets mentor killed
Apocalypse Now:
Napalm good. Cool Helicopters. The horror.
Breakfast Club
Whiny teenagers still cooler than you
Unforgiven:
We've all got it coming, kid.
The Departed
Markie Mark and lots of corpses
Memento:
The truth is in the palettes.
The Departed (alternate):
Humans and rats. Guess who lives?
Treasure Planet:
Kids' cartoon adaptation with excellent soundtrack.
Iron Man:
Robert Downey revives career. Cool suit.
Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2012, 09:06:02 AM
Iron Man:
Robert Downey revives career. Cool suit.
Nice! 2 thumbs up.
Nm.
Prometheus:
Better than Avatar. Still not good.
Prometheus:
Visually stunning, stupid parts, it's okay.
Prometheus:
Too many questions. Not enough answers.
Snakes are bad. Goo is worse.
That's no Ripley. Or Bishop, either.
Quote from: meadbelly on June 15, 2012, 09:28:45 PM
Prometheus:
Too many questions. Not enough answers.
Couldn't agree more.
Snow White and the Huntsman:
Theron: Good actress.
Stewart: Vacant stare.
lessee how this works
hunger games
decent movie, NOT ONE ORIGINAL IDEA!
Gladiator:
Fucking kid gets everyone else killed
Firefox:
Cold War better than you remembered
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
John le Carre slow and dry.
^Serious bonus points for combining accuracy, meter, and rhyming!
(edited to add "meter." Can't forget the meter!)
Quote from: Barthheart on June 17, 2012, 07:17:54 AM
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
John le Carre slow and dry.
LMAO!!! Style points +1
THE DECENDANTS
you know this is actually entertaining
One for the Money
Evanovich funny. Heigl hot. Movie neither.
Thor:
Better than expected. Sets up Avengers.
Flight of the Apache
"Stupid git in an expensive machine"
Avengers
Jolly good scrap. Cobie's freakin' hot.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.gawkerassets.com%2Fimg%2F17n46az0bfvegjpg%2Foriginal.jpg&hash=c9148e63f8e11a02f2b8108b90913b06f52c3e8f)
Pixar's Avengers:
Best internet fake movie ad ever!
I have seen Prometheus THREE TIMES!
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"
Don't Piss Yourself Like I Did!
not sure if this is one word or 6
THE CABIN IN THE WOODS....WOW!
For a Few Dollars More
You killed my sister now die!
Zulu (with Michael Caine):
Cheeky monkeys do good in bush.
Quote from: Gusington on July 06, 2012, 09:09:19 AM
Zulu (with Michael Caine):
Cheeky monkeys do good in bush.
LOL!
^I just watched Zulu last night and was really impressed. An oldie but a goodie...I didn't fall asleep once!
Talladega Nights:
Will Ferrell movie I didn't hate
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 07, 2012, 10:37:38 PM
Talladega Nights:
Will Ferrell movie I didn't hate
Quoted for the truth!
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 08, 2012, 09:12:41 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 07, 2012, 10:37:38 PM
Talladega Nights:
Will Ferrell movie I didn't hate
Quoted for the truth!
Yeah, I avoid Will Ferrell movie just on spec. But I watched Talladega Nights on a plane and laughed my ass off.... mush to my neighbor's anoyance... ;D
^Y'all are fucking kidding right? Anchorman is one of the best movies ever. Talladega Nights sucked in comparison.
I can't even look at all of you.
Philadelphia:
Big penis in anus is bad.
^It's like JH is channeling Azz!
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2012, 09:36:43 AM
^It's like JH is channeling Azz!
Oh the horror..... :o
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2012, 09:36:43 AM
^It's like JH is channeling Azz!
Not quite...if I was channeling Azz, I think the sentiment would be "big penis in anus is good."
<MODIFIED BECAUSE GUSINGTON IS BEING A PAIN IN THE NECK>
But that's only five words :(
I'm not sure it was the 'neck' he was being a pain in...
Passenger 57
Wesely says, "Always bet on black".
Godfather: Man sees other man about horse.
Horse Whisperer:
Woman sees horse about a man
The Rachel Papers:
Bad Acting. Don't care. Skye's hot.
^I never even heard of that.
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2012, 12:47:35 PM
^I never even heard of that.
Me either. Who is this Skye that is so hot?
Ione Skye (Say Anything)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4bYc_HrMo
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2012, 12:47:35 PM^I never even heard of that.
y'all gotta get out more
Dream for an Insomniac was also mediocre acting, but w/ Ione Skye and Jennifer Anniston, there's plenty to like. Especially the condom commercial. Now you're going to hit NetFlix (http://movies.netflix.com/movie/Dream_for_an_Insomniac/60027270) to look for it.
For such a beautiful name she Ione Skye should be a lot hotter.
Rocky V:
Should've quit while you were ahead
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2012, 12:57:42 PMFor such a beautiful name she Ione Skye should be a lot hotter.
Go watch The Rachel Papers. FFW to the good stuff. Thank me later.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 10, 2012, 12:51:28 PM
Ione Skye (Say Anything)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4bYc_HrMo
Brings A New Meaning To Skyrim.
Conan the Barbarian:
Crushed enemies driven before you. Lamentations.
^That's almost Japanese in its haiku-ness.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm9.staticflickr.com%2F8282%2F7544602328_17a175b020_z.jpg&hash=73f9a0681d35e91dddedacca06da1dda35a039e1)
It is winter.
Birds are dying.
Now we can dissect.
Not a true haiku in form but the funniest one I have ever read.
shit that aint a haiku
nor is it six words!
here is a haiku:
Wonderful movie
ALIENS EVERYWHERE!
Very Exciting!
and it also is a 6 word movie review!
Less Than Zero
This is your brain on drugs.
good ones anyway!
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2012, 01:16:56 PM
Conan the Barbarian:
Crushed enemies driven before you. Lamentations.
Well done!
Conan the Destroyer:
Crushed Dreams. Lamentations. Why Arnold? Why?!
^Are you some kind of haiku dojo master?
Don't be hatin' on my almost-Haiku.
Red Sonia;
Big Boobed Barbarian Babe Bashes Baddies.
^Ooh! Alliteration! Bob's raising the bar...
^ Bob betters bird-brained boneheaded boob buffs
Show-off. :P
Al reet then, bonny lads, howay we gan.....
Time Bandits
Doughty Dwarves Disdain Danger, Dodging Deity.
You know I have never seen Time Bandits.
Gus, do yourself a favour and watch it, its a laugh. As JH said - its awesome.
Then watch The Advanentures of Baron Munchausen, then Brazil.
I enjoyed Brazil more than Baron - its funny in places but I did not think it was as consistently funny as Brazil - or as wierd if it comes to that!
I haven't seen any of those! *shameface*
I agree... Brazil is the best of the 3.
Six word movie reviews thread derailed
Girls Gone Wild:
Pray you don't see your daughter.
Brazil
Weird, wacky, wayout world. Wonderfully whimsical.
Victory:
Soccer doesn't belong in war movies.
The Commitments
Irish soul music makes perfect sense.
Iron Man 3:
Can it live up to hype?
Passchendaele
War movie, too much love story.
or
Love story, too much war movie.
The Postman:
Over budget over hyped post-apocalyptic garbage.
^7 words
But on the same theme:
Waterworld:
Water water everywhere but flick sucks
Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2012, 02:42:34 PM
^7 words
But on the same theme:
Waterworld:
Water water everywhere but flick sucks
It is not 7 words. Post-apocalyptic is one hyphenated word.
Hyphenated implies two words conjoined by a hyphen.
You're just jealous because my Waterworld one is better anyway :)
@gussy-poo
the French judge still sides with the jarhead
unless he says prenup instead of pre-nup
Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
Hyphenated implies two words conjoined by a hyphen.
You're just jealous because my Waterworld one is better anyway :)
Wrong. Hyphens are mostly used to break single words into parts, or to join ordinarily separate words into single words. You may find some grammatical Nazis who would argue that "post" is not a prefix requiring a hyphen at all, unless it precedes a proper noun...accordingly, some may claim that the term is properly spelled postapocalyptic.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
Hyphenated implies two words conjoined by a hyphen.
You're just jealous because my Waterworld one is better anyway :)
Wrong. Hyphens are mostly used to break single words into parts, or to join ordinarily separate words into single words. You may find some grammatical Nazis who would argue that "post" is not a prefix requiring a hyphen at all, unless it precedes a proper noun...accordingly, some may claim that the term is properly spelled postapocalyptic.
I was taught that if it looks fer sh*t as one word, then hyphenate it
post apocalyptic
postapocalyptic
post-apocalyptic
post-hole digger
post hole-digger
Quote from: Windigo on July 11, 2012, 03:33:15 PM
I was taught that if it looks fer sh*t as one word, then hyphenate it
That sounds very official. Does it come from The Elements of Style?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2012, 03:48:34 PM
Quote from: Windigo on July 11, 2012, 03:33:15 PM
I was taught that if it looks fer sh*t as one word, then hyphenate it
That sounds very official. Does it come from The Elements of Style?
I think its APA style. Thats what I have to follow for my Master's thesis
Jeez I'm just bustin' chops people.
^grammar Nazis have no sense of humor
Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2012, 07:04:13 PM
Jeez I'm just bustin' chops people.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi275.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fjj318%2Ftrogdor0072%2Fthat_makes_me_moist.jpg&hash=b4a45d9102fe55b002132bc3bba4d03276d2a84b)
Thanks, Windy. That is officially the single most horrifying thing that I have ever seen.
posthole might be one word?
in the case of the digger vs gore 08
Breezy it is appropriate that that image appears on your 1666th post. Is that Marge Schott? Anyhoo...
Rosemary's Baby:
Cutie sleeps with Satan, hilarity ensues
Quote from: Windigo on July 11, 2012, 03:33:15 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
Hyphenated implies two words conjoined by a hyphen.
You're just jealous because my Waterworld one is better anyway :)
Wrong. Hyphens are mostly used to break single words into parts, or to join ordinarily separate words into single words. You may find some grammatical Nazis who would argue that "post" is not a prefix requiring a hyphen at all, unless it precedes a proper noun...accordingly, some may claim that the term is properly spelled postapocalyptic.
I was taught that if it looks fer sh*t as one word, then hyphenate it
post apocalyptic
postapocalyptic
post-apocalyptic
post-hole digger
post hole-digger
Careful, or I'm going to mandate that everyone here buy a copy of the Chicago Manual of Style!
You can not can-not[sp?], cannot, can't pin that one on me.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Seven Dwarfs, one girl, 'nuff said!
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo
Confusing Swedish names but good whodunit.
Tomorrow When The War Began
Australian "Red Dawn" not too bad
Rock of Ages
Can't believe I really enjoyed it!
(http://careful,%20or%20i'm%20going%20to%20mandate%20that%20everyone%20here%20buy%20a%20copy%20of%20the%20Chicago%20Manual%20of%20Style!)
the last thing I got from Chicago was a shitty President.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 11, 2012, 02:30:05 PM
The Commitments
Irish soul music makes perfect sense.
Just saw your review for this.
I concur with my whole heart.
Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2012, 08:58:08 AM
Rosemary's Baby:
Cutie sleeps with Satan, hilarity ensues
Scared me spitless won't watch again
The Hobbit
Short guys, Long movie, Much fun.
Hunger Games:
Cute Girl. Weapons. Lots of killing.
Spy Game
Forgot just how good it is.
Dogtown and Z-Boys
Skateboard documentary rocks some great memories
Dazed and Confused
Were the 70s that much fun?
The Matrix Reloaded
Should've quit while they were ahead.
Mama http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2023587/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2023587/)
And I thought my childhood sucked!
The Godfather:
Michael Corleone is one badass mofo.
(watched again tonight. girlfriend had never seen it)
Phantom (2013 Submarine Movie):
Surprisingly good. Recommended. Ed Harris Rocks.
The Princess BrideThe best cult classic movie ever.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 01, 2013, 08:55:05 PM
The Matrix Reloaded
Should've quit while they were ahead.
Ain't that the truth...
Quote from: republic on July 02, 2013, 07:06:20 AM
Phantom (2013 Submarine Movie):
Surprisingly good. Recommended. Ed Harris Rocks.
How the Hel do these movies get by me?!? Thanks, Republic.
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 02, 2013, 08:17:38 PM
How the Hel do these movies get by me?!? Thanks, Republic.
It went straight to DVD, but its actually quite good. Its a dramatization of one of the popular suppositions as to the loss of the K-129.
Total Recall remake with Colin Farrell
Trying hard to be Blade Recall
Total Recall original w/ Arnie
Far, far cheesier than you remember.
After catching the new one on cable last weekend, I pulled up the original and watched it to compare.
The Mars bit (vs "devastated Earth") was more faithful to the original story, and the air-reactor storyline was a bit cooler than the new one's "rebellious colony" tripe, but the motivations aren't that important when the story is all about the chase and double-double-cross anyway. But beyond that, I gotta say I liked the new one much, much better, and that's saying something w/ Colin Farrell in it.
I viewed it less through the lens of "remake of old Arnie flick" and more as "someone trying hard to make a Blade Runner sequel" and was much more satisfied. I can remember the cheesy-fun sci-fi romp that was the original, with its over-the-top characters and effects, and I can more greatly appreciate the future-noir-on-steroids backdrop to the new one as an extension of Blade Runner's world, 100-odd years in the future.
Which one would PKD have approved of?
I thought the visual style of the new one was great but pretty much everything else about it sucked. And in what world is having Kate Beckinsale slide vagina-first into your face considered an attack?
Those old Arnie sci-fi flicks like Total Recall and Running Man really are not good, but damn they were fun. They had some great moments and lines.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 17, 2013, 06:08:07 PM
And in what world is having Kate Beckinsale slide vagina-first into your face considered an attack?
QFT
just watched Oblivion
entertaining and a visual joy. FUN
Desolation of Smaug:
Totally worth seeing it in 3D
'Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters'
Wicked Witches Walloped With Weird Weapons.
Mrs.B and I enjoyed it.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2014, 12:54:57 PM
Desolation of Smaug:
Totally worth seeing it in 3D
Unless one is prone to migraines.
Quote from: bob48 on January 07, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
'Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters'
Wicked Witches Walloped With Weird Weapons.
That one gets bonus points for cleverness.
Southland Tales :
Stuff happens to characters because REASONS!
Side Effects:
People on drugs do crazy shit
Pitch Perfect
Chicks doing it with their mouths
Fury: It's Achilles in a Sherman tank.
Ant-Man:
Hank Pym belongs in The Avengers
But what about Paul Rudd?
Apparently he is going to have a part in the Civil War.
Actually, Paul Rudd was pretty entertaining and a decent fit. I was concerned how they were goin to handle Janet being dead, but they actually did a pretty good job of working the whole storyline together. I don't want to spoil anything beyond that, but let's just say they left open a handful of very interesting plot possibilities for down the line.
Honestly one of the more underwhelming aspects of this one were the fight scenes. The jump between small and large that they make several times each during the fights really don't translate that well to the big screen, and the scenes start to fall apart a little bit. Fortunately, the best parts of this movie are not the fight scenes, although there are a few good funny moments in them
I think the kids are going to love it. Main reason why I'll be seeing it in a theatre.
Ant-Man
Not as bad as I expected.
Jupiter Ascending.
Sean Bean does not get killed.
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 10:36:41 AMSean Bean does not get killed.
clearly someone did not follow the script!
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 10:50:54 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 10:36:41 AMSean Bean does not get killed.
clearly someone did not follow the script!
You're gonna have to explain that one to me ???
Inside out
loved by daughter, made dad cry
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 10:50:54 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 10:36:41 AMSean Bean does not get killed.
clearly someone did not follow the script!
You're gonna have to explain that one to me ???
Sean Bean dies in almost everything he's in - usually spectacularly. If he lives through a movie, clearly he was supposed to die in the script and someone just skipped that page and kept shooting.
i think someone worked out your man from Sons of Anarchy died more
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 27, 2015, 11:36:27 AM
i think someone worked out your man from Sons of Anarchy died more
Could be. I don't watch SOA.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 11:32:39 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 10:50:54 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 10:36:41 AMSean Bean does not get killed.
clearly someone did not follow the script!
You're gonna have to explain that one to me ???
Sean Bean dies in almost everything he's in - usually spectacularly. If he lives through a movie, clearly he was supposed to die in the script and someone just skipped that page and kept shooting.
Right -I'm with you now.
...someone.....
......but not me........
OK
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 11:52:08 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 27, 2015, 11:36:27 AM
i think someone worked out your man from Sons of Anarchy died more
Could be. I don't watch SOA.
ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh
your grog patch will be removed
^Ok, I just finished watching all of SoA and I'm not sure who you are referring to. ???
he doesnt die in SoA funnily enough
Tommy Flannigan?
http://www.pajiba.com/videos/yes-there-is-someone-who-dies-onscreen-more-often-than-sean-bean.php
I didn't know much about Coates, other than SoA and Crossing Lines. I don't think he dies in the latter series either. :))
I don't think he dies in black hawk down either
SPLIT
Not sure what I just watched
Arrival:
Is a circle. Aliens show life.