Six-Word Movie Reviews

Started by bayonetbrant, May 05, 2012, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: bob48 on January 07, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
'Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters'

Wicked Witches Walloped With Weird Weapons.

That one gets bonus points for cleverness.

Arctic Blast

Southland Tales :

Stuff happens to characters because REASONS!

bayonetbrant

Side Effects:

People on drugs do crazy shit
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Pitch Perfect

Chicks doing it with their mouths
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Fury:  It's Achilles in a Sherman tank.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Ant-Man:

Hank Pym belongs in The Avengers

Centurion40

But what about Paul Rudd?

Apparently he is going to have a part in the Civil War.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

Actually, Paul Rudd was pretty entertaining and a decent fit. I was concerned how they were goin to handle Janet being dead, but they actually did a pretty good job of working the whole storyline together. I don't want to spoil anything beyond that, but let's just say they left open a handful of very interesting plot possibilities for down the line.

Honestly one of the more underwhelming aspects of this one were the fight scenes. The jump between small and large that they make several times each during the fights really don't translate that well to the big screen, and the scenes start to fall apart a little bit. Fortunately, the best parts of this movie are not the fight scenes, although there are a few good funny moments in them

mirth

I think the kids are going to love it. Main reason why I'll be seeing it in a theatre.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Ant-Man

Not as bad as I expected.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bob48

Jupiter Ascending.

Sean Bean does not get killed.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 10:36:41 AMSean Bean does not get killed.

clearly someone did not follow the script!

bob48

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 10:50:54 AM

You're gonna have to explain that one to me ???
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Inside out

loved by daughter, made dad cry

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on July 27, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2015, 10:50:54 AM

You're gonna have to explain that one to me ???

Sean Bean dies in almost everything he's in - usually spectacularly.  If he lives through a movie, clearly he was supposed to die in the script and someone just skipped that page and kept shooting.