GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 01:17:12 PM

Title: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 01:17:12 PM
Yes please


http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/9530-rumor-suggests-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-is-being-remade-for-xbox-one-and-ps4
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Oche on August 07, 2015, 03:46:52 PM
Good news, i hope they deliver, however it won't be easy to match the success of both original KOTOR & KOTOR 2.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 03:49:11 PM
I have the PC and console versions of both and I'd gladly pay for updated versions even if it involved no new content.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Oche on August 07, 2015, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 07, 2015, 03:49:11 PM
I have the PC and console versions of both and I'd gladly pay for updated versions even if it involved no new content.

Great games.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 04:31:53 PM
Couple of my all-time favs.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 07, 2015, 04:53:04 PM
I nearly bought KOTOR 2 when it was recently ported to Linux, however I heard more than once that it was kind of unfinished...?
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 05:45:44 PM
KOTOR 2 was rushed for release and has an abrupt ending as a result. However there has been a huge community effort to mod it and restore the 'lost content'.

As released, it was a great game. Though nowhere near as polished or satisfying as the original.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 07, 2015, 06:15:34 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 07, 2015, 05:45:44 PM
As released, it was a great game. Though nowhere near as polished or satisfying as the original.

Hence my reluctance.  I did enjoy the first game though.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 06:33:36 PM
I...uh...I never played either one.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Staggerwing on August 07, 2015, 06:35:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 06:33:36 PM
I...uh...I never played either one.

I share this shame as well.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 06:36:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 06:33:36 PM
I...uh...I never played either one.

Why am I not surprised?
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 07, 2015, 06:35:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 06:33:36 PM
I...uh...I never played either one.

I share this shame as well.

Oh Wing...I expect better of you.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 07:09:01 PM
I'm not proud.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Nefaro on August 07, 2015, 07:20:56 PM
The original was excellent.  One of those games I habitually played the many hours straight through, and wanted to start a new one afterward. 

And it has the best game character ever created, the wonderfully dark-humored HK-47.  >:D





Watching that makes me want to play the first KOTOR again.  I wonder if it runs okay on modern OSes, unlike KOTOR2.

Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 07:22:54 PM
^Agreed, Meatbag.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: mirth on August 07, 2015, 07:35:29 PM
I have KOTOR  1&2 through Steam and they run fine on Win 7.I've modded KOTOR 2 quite a bit and it's been solid.
Title: Re: KOTOR Remake Coming?
Post by: Oche on August 08, 2015, 11:26:16 AM