Main Menu

KOTOR Remake Coming?

Started by mirth, August 07, 2015, 01:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Oche

Good news, i hope they deliver, however it won't be easy to match the success of both original KOTOR & KOTOR 2.

mirth

I have the PC and console versions of both and I'd gladly pay for updated versions even if it involved no new content.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Oche

Quote from: mirth on August 07, 2015, 03:49:11 PM
I have the PC and console versions of both and I'd gladly pay for updated versions even if it involved no new content.

Great games.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

I nearly bought KOTOR 2 when it was recently ported to Linux, however I heard more than once that it was kind of unfinished...?

mirth

KOTOR 2 was rushed for release and has an abrupt ending as a result. However there has been a huge community effort to mod it and restore the 'lost content'.

As released, it was a great game. Though nowhere near as polished or satisfying as the original.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mirth on August 07, 2015, 05:45:44 PM
As released, it was a great game. Though nowhere near as polished or satisfying as the original.

Hence my reluctance.  I did enjoy the first game though.

Gusington

I...uh...I never played either one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#13
The original was excellent.  One of those games I habitually played the many hours straight through, and wanted to start a new one afterward. 

And it has the best game character ever created, the wonderfully dark-humored HK-47.  >:D





Watching that makes me want to play the first KOTOR again.  I wonder if it runs okay on modern OSes, unlike KOTOR2.


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus