GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Asid on September 28, 2015, 04:58:53 PM

Title: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on September 28, 2015, 04:58:53 PM
SABOW DLC: Basra 86

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/286280/
-15% off = £5.94

Operation Karbala 4

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSABOW%2FBasra%252086%2520Karbala%25204%2FOperation_Karbala_4_map.svg_zps1ttcmy3n.png&hash=0a21211494e9479423054cdb569a978257bc45ef)

Operation Karbala 4. Was a failed offensive in 1986 by the Iranians to capture Basra in southern Iraq. It was claimed that it failed due to the help provided by the Americans. The Iraqi's were prepared for the attack helped by US intelligence they had received.

The battle itself was planned and eventually executed by Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. The operation would be launched under cover of darkness in order to gain a foothold along the Arvand Rūd/Shatt-al-Arab waterway. Once across, the Iranian forces would go on the offensive and eventually move onto the port city of Basra. The attack would be launched towards the Umm al-Rasas Island in the Shatt al Arab.

See more here: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1130.0.html
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Toonces on September 28, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
So is this Steam only?  I checked the Graviteam website and their only redirect to buy is at Steam.  I have the GG version of SABOW.

If we're going Steam only I'm going to re-buy it on Steam while it's on sale.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 28, 2015, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Toonces on September 28, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
So is this Steam only?  I checked the Graviteam website and their only redirect to buy is at Steam.  I have the GG version of SABOW.

If we're going Steam only I'm going to re-buy it on Steam while it's on sale.

I just rebought it on Steam myself. This is one developer that deserves the second purchase...
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Toonces on September 28, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
Yeah, $28 including DLC isn't going to break the bank.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Toonces on September 28, 2015, 07:55:04 PM
Snack it.  I just bought the game and DLC on Steam.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: -budd- on September 28, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
I'd be surprised if it didn't show up on GG. Man i suck at steel armor...more like burning armor ;D
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on September 29, 2015, 01:35:56 AM
Hi

I am pretty sure it will appear on Gamers Gate so hang in there. This is a good DLC.

Please click the link to see more about it: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1130.0.html

This is a great dev that deserves support  O0

Regards
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: jomni on September 29, 2015, 04:27:47 AM
Graviteam replied to my Facebook query.  GG version out soon.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: RyanE on September 29, 2015, 05:10:22 AM
I'll get it just for the swimming tanks.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: jomni on September 29, 2015, 07:12:15 AM
Quote from: RyanE on September 29, 2015, 05:10:22 AM
I'll get it just for the swimming tanks.

Combat Mission has swimming tanks too.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: RyanE on September 29, 2015, 01:43:30 PM
So what...I wasn't comparing them.  I bought that too.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Toonces on September 29, 2015, 04:06:20 PM
Thanks for the head's up.  I think I'll just keep the Steam version for now- it's only 20 clams and since I already bought it...
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on September 30, 2015, 03:17:32 AM
Quote from: Toonces on September 29, 2015, 04:06:20 PM
Thanks for the head's up.  I think I'll just keep the Steam version for now- it's only 20 clams and since I already bought it...

I use the Steam version. It works great  :)
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on September 30, 2015, 03:50:17 AM
Graviteam use actual maps and terrain data.

From SABOW Basra 86
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSABOW%2FBasra%252086%2520Karbala%25204%2FKarbala%25204%2520sim_zpsqq0e6q8g.jpg&hash=85bf5f258ef20da8baba8391232f7f03a3b3dbf1)

Same location from Google Earth
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSABOW%2FBasra%252086%2520Karbala%25204%2FKarbala%25204%2520earth_zpszjjcnuss.jpg&hash=c0814b04d7a20168b38550a5d850d12afcfef7a4)

Same location from Google Earth
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSABOW%2FBasra%252086%2520Karbala%25204%2FKarbala%25204%2520earth%2520map_zps1w2b7t4q.jpg&hash=c630b4631551d3b9f026ae2372e20f5c0549da1a)
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
Yep - I bought that Asid. For the price thats a heft load of DLC.

One question since you seem to be in the know. My steam version still has the old update procedure available.

I am presuming as its on steam I no longer need to worry about that - which always confused me with all of their games.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Krabb on September 30, 2015, 05:30:22 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AMMy steam version still has the old update procedure available.

I am presuming as its on steam I no longer need to worry about that - which always confused me with all of their games.
Yes, the updater will install/update everything automatically. Just make sure to press Save&Play when it appears.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on September 30, 2015, 07:36:12 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
Yep - I bought that Asid. For the price thats a heft load of DLC.

Great. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Jumping into the Battle editor is a quick way to learn once you have done the tutorials.

Let me know if i can help in any way


Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
One question since you seem to be in the know. My steam version still has the old update procedure available.

I am presuming as its on steam I no longer need to worry about that - which always confused me with all of their games.
As Krabb said. The process is automatic. When the updater pops up and does it's thing just hit "save & exit" and you're done.

Hope this helps.

regards
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: jomni on September 30, 2015, 07:49:05 AM
I just bought the Steam one... just for the heck of it.  :D
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: JasonPratt on October 01, 2015, 08:24:10 AM
Couldn't believe I hadn't already bought it; picked it up while on sale. Thanks Asid!  O0
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on October 01, 2015, 09:00:10 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 01, 2015, 08:24:10 AM
Couldn't believe I hadn't already bought it; picked it up while on sale. Thanks Asid!  O0

No problem :)

let me know what you think...Perhaps a screen shot or 3???  O0

Regards
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:30 PM
Quote from: Asid on September 30, 2015, 07:36:12 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
Yep - I bought that Asid. For the price thats a heft load of DLC.

Great. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Jumping into the Battle editor is a quick way to learn once you have done the tutorials.

Let me know if i can help in any way


Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 30, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
One question since you seem to be in the know. My steam version still has the old update procedure available.

I am presuming as its on steam I no longer need to worry about that - which always confused me with all of their games.
As Krabb said. The process is automatic. When the updater pops up and does it's thing just hit "save & exit" and you're done.

Hope this helps.

regards

Ok thanks asid will let you know. You could alter time and space to allow me more time to play all the games I have ?

I will check out what you said about the updater, what I take from what you said is the updater present in the game is still used it just works automatically i.e. the game doesn't update via the steam client like my others do ? Am probably unclear as don't have it in front of me currently.

thanks too kebab for answering
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Krabb on October 02, 2015, 03:50:41 AM
It updates via the steam client with additional step of the in-game updater (Save&Exit button).
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on October 02, 2015, 05:53:21 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:30 PM

I will check out what you said about the updater, what I take from what you said is the updater present in the game is still used it just works automatically i.e. the game doesn't update via the steam client like my others do ? Am probably unclear as don't have it in front of me currently.

thanks too kebab for answering

See this post here:
Installing DLC  (http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1154.0.htmll)

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:30 PM
thanks too kebab for answering

Hmmm Krabb Kebab...Sounds fishy to me  ;D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.phoenixfm.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2Fattack-of-the-mutant-50ft-kebab-21.jpg&hash=ee8c3f327368b5f293a3694efd3d1107983c42f4)


Hope this helps

Regards

Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Zulu1966 on October 02, 2015, 01:24:37 PM
Quote from: Asid on October 02, 2015, 05:53:21 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:30 PM

I will check out what you said about the updater, what I take from what you said is the updater present in the game is still used it just works automatically i.e. the game doesn't update via the steam client like my others do ? Am probably unclear as don't have it in front of me currently.

thanks too kebab for answering

See this post here:
Installing DLC  (http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1154.0.htmll)

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:30 PM
thanks too kebab for answering

Hmmm Krabb Kebab...Sounds fishy to me  ;D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.phoenixfm.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2Fattack-of-the-mutant-50ft-kebab-21.jpg&hash=ee8c3f327368b5f293a3694efd3d1107983c42f4)


Hope this helps

Regards

Yes. That's a great help. Thanks a lot aside.
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: Asid on October 05, 2015, 11:16:15 AM
Now available on Graviteam shop

http://shop.graviteam.ua/sa-basra86
Title: Re: SABOW DLC: Basra 86
Post by: smithcorp on October 06, 2015, 06:51:01 AM
Excellent!