GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM

Title: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: mirth on October 27, 2015, 09:58:06 AM
^nice!
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 27, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series

%*#$*#*%%*^%&^#&$*&@#@@)(#)$(%%&*@

However, I will finish my current AAR with Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blades before I go and buy any of these. That will be my excuse, for the moment.
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: airboy on October 27, 2015, 11:37:02 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 27, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series

%*#$*#*%%*^%&^#&$*&@#@@)(#)$(%%&*@

However, I will finish my current AAR with Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blades before I go and buy any of these. That will be my excuse, for the moment.

You are a good man.
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: bbmike on October 27, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: jamus34 on October 27, 2015, 12:31:45 PM
I was tempted with the forgotten realms quadology however I managed to refrain.
Krynn I do not think I can. In almost every way shape and form they are the superior games IMO
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 01:51:01 PM
Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Cyrano on October 27, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
AGE

OF

RIFLES

Selah,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on October 27, 2015, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on October 27, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
AGE

OF

RIFLES



Yes, please!
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Nefaro on October 27, 2015, 03:49:09 PM
Awesome!



Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(


I'd rather have it's sequel, Squad Leader.
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 27, 2015, 03:54:38 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.meme.am%2Finstances%2F500x%2F64351711.jpg&hash=f8f39bc1e6480fbb283d3f9a249a32c7cca8f581)
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 01:51:01 PM
Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 27, 2015, 09:42:35 PM
Look out everyone, something's burning a hole in Toonces's wallet!
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 28, 2015, 05:23:06 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 01:51:01 PM
Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?

I never played Ravenloft. I did play Dark Sun briefly way, way back in the day when I worked for Babbage's, but I never bought the game. (They used to let us check games out library-like.) I remember not liking it as much as the Gold Box games. Dark Sun had weird stuff like psionics in it, which I never got into in D&D.

Krynn is a lot of fun, and its graphics are better than the earlier Gold Box games. I think Krynn is worth the $10 price tag, but as for the others, I'd have to let someone else answer that.
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: bbmike on October 28, 2015, 05:31:56 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 27, 2015, 03:49:09 PM
Awesome!



Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(


I'd rather have it's sequel, Squad Leader.

But we need both!
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Dammit Carl! on October 28, 2015, 07:28:12 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on October 27, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
AGE

OF

RIFLES

Selah,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Ditto
Title: Re: More SSI at GOG
Post by: Sir Slash on October 28, 2015, 09:21:18 AM
As much as I would love to go back and finish whipping the Dark Queen's lovely ass, I just don't think I can spare the time with so many other great games I've yet to finish. A little too retro for me I'm afraid.  :-\