Main Menu

More SSI at GOG

Started by Sir Slash, October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

#2
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series

%*#$*#*%%*^%&^#&$*&@#@@)(#)$(%%&*@

However, I will finish my current AAR with Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blades before I go and buy any of these. That will be my excuse, for the moment.

airboy

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 27, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
The Krynn, Ravenloft, and Dark Sun series now at GOG. Some of SSI's best from back in the day before the day.

   www.gog.com/news/release_dungeons_dragons_ravenloft_dark_sun_krynn_series

%*#$*#*%%*^%&^#&$*&@#@@)(#)$(%%&*@

However, I will finish my current AAR with Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blades before I go and buy any of these. That will be my excuse, for the moment.

You are a good man.

bbmike

We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

I was tempted with the forgotten realms quadology however I managed to refrain.
Krynn I do not think I can. In almost every way shape and form they are the superior games IMO
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

AGE

OF

RIFLES

Selah,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Slick Wilhelm


Nefaro

Awesome!



Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(


I'd rather have it's sequel, Squad Leader.

BanzaiCat


Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 01:51:01 PM
Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Look out everyone, something's burning a hole in Toonces's wallet!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Toonces on October 27, 2015, 01:51:01 PM
Ok, 10 clams is a lot (in today's dollars) for Ravenloft.  Is this game really that good?

I never played Ravenloft. I did play Dark Sun briefly way, way back in the day when I worked for Babbage's, but I never bought the game. (They used to let us check games out library-like.) I remember not liking it as much as the Gold Box games. Dark Sun had weird stuff like psionics in it, which I never got into in D&D.

Krynn is a lot of fun, and its graphics are better than the earlier Gold Box games. I think Krynn is worth the $10 price tag, but as for the others, I'd have to let someone else answer that.

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on October 27, 2015, 03:49:09 PM
Awesome!



Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
We want Soldiers at War! We want Soldiers at War!  >:(


I'd rather have it's sequel, Squad Leader.

But we need both!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak