GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 11:32:43 AM

Title: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 11:32:43 AM
Come on JH - I KNOW you've got it!

Anyone else? I missed the first couple - slipped off my radar, but this looks quite good.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 11:36:53 AM
Only $29 to tempt you:)

http://www.kinguin.net/category/22437/just-cause-3-steam-cd-key/
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 11:46:52 AM
Instant gaming also $29

http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/634-buy-key-steam-just-cause-3/
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Nefaro on December 03, 2015, 11:49:29 AM
I had some seriously gut-wrenching laughs with Just Cause 2.

Unfortunately, it suffered from the usual first-person console game 3D issues.  Made me nauseous after a short time playing.  :buck2:
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 11:46:52 AM
Instant gaming also $29

http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/634-buy-key-steam-just-cause-3/
Oh bugger  :2funny:
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 11:46:52 AM
Instant gaming also $29

http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/634-buy-key-steam-just-cause-3/
Oh bugger  :2funny:

Let us know your impressions later:)
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:31:30 PM
lol - you are such a git!  O0
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 12:32:35 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:31:30 PM
lol - you are such a git!  O0

I am a helpful enabler:) luckily I have no interest in this one otherwise I would have done it myself
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:37:24 PM
Thaaaaankfully....Instant-gaming.com wanted me to send a document to them for proof of my identify when paying by Paypal.

As I trust Paypal (a bit) and I have various activation processes on there to make sure only I can use it (hopefully), and as this is the first EVER site to ask me to send a document - there's no way on God's good earth I am going to send images of documents across the web to any website...not with identity theft on the rise.

So their process saved me... O0

Sorry boys - you'll have to wait for your impressions from JH like what I will  :smitten:
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 12:38:24 PM
Well, we tried:)
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:40:01 PM
They were just wanting an image of a document - but absolutely not a chance in hell! That sounded the ropiest thing I have ever heard. And after asking for that, I wasn't about to put my credit card details in either.

Have you used that site before? Did they ask you for proof of identity?
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: undercovergeek on December 03, 2015, 12:41:29 PM
Sounds like Mrs dredds plan to shut you down has started!!

Honestly man - you're hopeless, you're like a frikking magpie!! 😝
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 12:42:22 PM
lol - a very wasteful magpie  :(

Anyway - OI...I resisted didn't I - only just I know but it counts!
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 12:48:31 PM
Try kinguin...I use them a lot without issue..the first link I provided
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2015, 01:41:46 PM
I've only played the first two missions, so the world hasn't really opened up yet. I don't really care for the main protagonist, or any of the characters, but that is not really the point. The physics are over the top and pretty much everything blows up pretty nice. The action is fun. for under $30, I think it will definitely be worth it.

Be warned...the install is huge.  54GB.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 01:54:19 PM
Thx JH. As cheap as £20, I went ahead at Kinguin.

Thanks GR (I think!).

Sorry UCG for letting you down - or - congratulations for getting my number  :2funny:
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 01:58:55 PM
Good luck!
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 02:02:11 PM
You really are buggers here sometimes

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FSnap2_zpswciqlrxo.jpg&hash=f932903e71e8ebec183434201b98501ee7e06225)
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 02:05:57 PM
That's pretty large, but you have a great internet connection...jealous
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Nefaro on December 03, 2015, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 02:05:57 PM
That's pretty large, but you have a great internet connection...jealous

No joke.  My internet speeds are ass compared to that.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 02:15:13 PM
Yeah - I am pretty lucky. I subscribed to Cable (Virgin Media here) early on and they've upped my internet speed regularly.

When I first joined Virgin (NTL World back in the day) I was on 0.5Mbps. They upped it to 2Mbps, then 10, then 20, 40, 60 100 and recently jumped to 150Mbs.

Of course, the websites you connect to have an impact...but it's nice to have that there. I remember when I'd leave a 10GB file downloading overnight  :(

Meant to say - there is a downside...throttling. I'm not sure of the level of throttling and when it kicks in, but I may experience that during a 38GB download.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2015, 02:31:27 PM
Mine certainly stinks in comparison....I think I can download about 10gb an hour
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2015, 02:42:50 PM
I'm in!  O0
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Yskonyn on December 04, 2015, 01:44:49 AM
I have it on PS4.
Its a great game! I love the physics and over the top action.
The story is bad, though, but its all part of the insane action movie style of the game. ;)
Once you figure out you can hook up multiple objects with your grappling hook things get really freaky and fun: want to destroy a helo by tethering a car to it and reel it in from the streets so they both crash into eachother? Sure!
Want to extract some baddies by tethering them to Cars passing by? Sure thing!
You can even tether a few explosive barrels to a truck and attach that to a chopper to haul it into an enemy base and then untether the truck above a building to make it go boom Hollywood style!

I love these games! The world is huge as well. A perfect sandbox for crazy mayhem.

The loading times are pretty bad on PS4 though. And there are some weird issues with framerates after extended play (memory leak?).
There is also some issue with connectivity for some.

Aparently the Xbox One version is the worst. No idea if these problems are present on the PC version as well.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: JasonPratt on December 04, 2015, 09:57:28 AM
Same map-size as JC2, I noticed: 20 x 20 miles.

I feel like I ought to be complaining about that, although it's by far the largest action-sandbox map in the genre. (Unless maybe some of the ARMA games or their predecessors count? -- but I don't think they count as a sandbox campaign even if so, right?)

There's a driving-desert sandbox game (literally  ::) ) that's supposedly larger; and overall the Lord of the Rings Online map is (getting ever-more) larger; but still not the same genre.

I guess if the gfx are qualitatively better, then it doesn't matter if the map isn't larger: forward progress has still been occurred (as my late pupil used to joke in Chinglesh). And 20 x 20 is still a freakishly large map to work in for this kind of game.  :smitten:
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 05, 2015, 01:45:43 AM
I picked it up, but I haven't had a chance to play yet. Hoping to rectify that over the weekend.
Title: Re: No impressions of Just Cause 3?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2015, 05:38:35 AM
Having a lot of fun with it. Blowing shit up just doesn't get old.