GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: IronX on December 04, 2015, 01:31:21 PM

Title: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: IronX on December 04, 2015, 01:31:21 PM
If you want, you can now permanently delete games from your Steam library. I've tried it and it works.

Go to Library, click on the game you want to delete, select Support under Links on the right and select "I want to permanently remove this game from my account."
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 04, 2015, 01:33:47 PM
...but why???   :'(
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Zulu1966 on December 04, 2015, 01:45:04 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 04, 2015, 01:33:47 PM
...but why???   :'(

That was the first question that sprang into my head.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Steelgrave on December 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 01:51:25 PM
Rather than doing a perma-delete, just hide them...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2466082/how-to-hide-games-in-your-steam-library.html
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: IronX on December 04, 2015, 01:53:53 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.

Exactly. My son used my account years ago and bought a bunch of games I've never played. He has his own account now so it was time for some housekeeping.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 01:54:38 PM
I just put the ones I play into the Favorites category, so they all show up at the top of my Library list. 

Then just collapse the regular list if I feel the need to hide the rest in one fell swoop.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Huw the Poo on December 04, 2015, 02:40:46 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 01:51:25 PM
Rather than doing a perma-delete, just hide them...

Precisely what I was going to say.  Why delete anything when you can just hide it?  You never know, innit.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: undercovergeek on December 04, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
OCD

im unleashing it tonight on such luminaries as earth 2215 (thanks bob), the ship, ten hammers and other such tosh
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: bob48 on December 04, 2015, 03:06:39 PM
:-)
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: W8taminute on December 04, 2015, 03:07:18 PM
Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend. 
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 04, 2015, 03:07:18 PM
Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend.

Publishers no likeee second hand sales/gifting.
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 04, 2015, 07:57:08 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.
This  ;D
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: W8taminute on December 05, 2015, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 04, 2015, 03:07:18 PM
Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend.

Publishers no likeee second hand sales/gifting.

Yep.  In the old days I could have given you my hard copy of the game I no longer want and in essence the publisher 'lost out' on an unseen sale.  But my friend would have benefited from my kindness by not having to buy the game. 
Title: Re: Permanently delete Steam games
Post by: Rizik6 on December 06, 2015, 07:23:46 PM
I have a number of betas that are still attached to my account, even though I now have the released version.  Also there are some real clunkers that I'd rather not be reminded of.