Permanently delete Steam games

Started by IronX, December 04, 2015, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

IronX

If you want, you can now permanently delete games from your Steam library. I've tried it and it works.

Go to Library, click on the game you want to delete, select Support under Links on the right and select "I want to permanently remove this game from my account."

Dammit Carl!


Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Steelgrave

Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

IronX

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.

Exactly. My son used my account years ago and bought a bunch of games I've never played. He has his own account now so it was time for some housekeeping.

Nefaro

I just put the ones I play into the Favorites category, so they all show up at the top of my Library list. 

Then just collapse the regular list if I feel the need to hide the rest in one fell swoop.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 01:51:25 PM
Rather than doing a perma-delete, just hide them...

Precisely what I was going to say.  Why delete anything when you can just hide it?  You never know, innit.

undercovergeek

OCD

im unleashing it tonight on such luminaries as earth 2215 (thanks bob), the ship, ten hammers and other such tosh

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

W8taminute

Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on December 04, 2015, 03:07:18 PM
Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend.

Publishers no likeee second hand sales/gifting.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
Housekeeping. I do have a few games on Steam that I'll never play again, plus the occasional free game that I didn't want. I may have half a dozen I'll delete, nothing major but it's nice to have the option.
This  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 04, 2015, 03:07:18 PM
Instead of adding this feature it would be nice to be able to give the games you no longer like away to a friend.

Publishers no likeee second hand sales/gifting.

Yep.  In the old days I could have given you my hard copy of the game I no longer want and in essence the publisher 'lost out' on an unseen sale.  But my friend would have benefited from my kindness by not having to buy the game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rizik6

I have a number of betas that are still attached to my account, even though I now have the released version.  Also there are some real clunkers that I'd rather not be reminded of.