Star Citizen, Homeworld Deserts of Kharak, DCS 2.0, arma3 and snow shoveling simulator.
after a rulebook refresher I'm enjoying 'Mark H Walker's Lock 'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad' until Tigers on the hunt next month
At least it's not going to be Bread & Milk Gathering ;)
My weekend got hijacked by Hearts of Iron II as Italy. I just annexed Republican Spain in 1938. Albania should be next. Then I am going to release Nationalist Spain and lay low for a couple of years, building my forces. Then it will probably be DOW on Greece and Yugoslavia. After, I am not sure.
And awesome tune JH! Always one of my favorite Metallica songs!
Considering l'll have lots of time indoors I'll probably be hunkering down with quite a few games.
In no specific order:
Continue CIV4 BTS campaign with Frey and Millipore
Continue my HOI3 world domination tour with Germany
Learn Aurora
Gal civ 3
CW 2
Shadows of mordor
Xenonauts
Of course if I lose power all bets are off
CMANO, finished NF 5.5 Trondheim Express last night (AAR conclusion forthcoming), and I'll be starting NF 6 Keflavic Capers this weekend.
Most likely going to play:
- Medieval Total War II
- Grand Ages: Rome
Fear Equation, perhaps some Darkest Dungeon. Although still early access, there have been some positive changes to Gremlins, Inc, not the least of which being the ability to save a single-player game, so I'll be checking those out.
Also if a new build arrives for any of the 3 closed betas I'm in, I'll give it some attention.
Civ5
Attempting to finally win my Shogun 2 FOTS campaign but realm divide is being a total c-nt!
And some Homeworld: Remastered, hopefully.
Flying home today after a few days on the left coast for work.
Need to get something on the game table... maybe DVG's Warfighter.
PBEM Wing Leader with SDR... Just put a torpedo into the Lexington.
PBEM DC3 with Jason... Damn mud is slowing things down.....
Impatiently waiting the arrival of the 1st wave of my Mercs Recon KS loot.....
I've been spending almost all of my gaming time lately playing military FPS on multiplayer. It's funny, because I really am not an MP player outside of my "big 3":
Squad
ARMA 3 (King of the Hill)
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
I kind of bop between these three depending on what servers have space, and what my mood is. So, I'm sure these three will see some time in the rotation this weekend.
I've also, finally, downloaded and installed the painful Community Update Project (C.U.P.) mod with World at War onto my IL-2 installation. So, I do hope to spend some time playing that, but the pain of configuring my HOTAS and finding the right campaign to install has kept me away thus far.
Finally, depending on my mood and sobriety level, CK2, M2TW, or R2TW:Wrath of Sparta are all possibilities.
Quote from: gameleaper on January 22, 2016, 06:42:40 AM
after a rulebook refresher I'm enjoying 'Mark H Walker's Lock 'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad' until Tigers on the hunt next month
Good to see you're enjoying this game. I've tried and tried but just can't like it in spite of wanting to.
More WithP:AE....the game has hooked me like no other in recent memory.
Boy Scouts tomorrow, then Naval Action, Civ 5, and/or Star Wars Armada on Sunday.
Fortunately no snow in Illinois, good luck to you guys on the east coast.
Life Is Strange
Commander Europe At War (Grand Strategy v3)
and maybe a bit of Distant Worlds
Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2016, 08:21:56 AM
Attempting to finally win my Shogun 2 FOTS campaign but realm divide is being a total c-nt!
Didn't you say that you were using the lowered Realm Divide mod in your campaign, Gus!?
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg190.imageshack.us%2Fimg190%2F7665%2Fshamee.jpg&hash=fb976016ba46373c4ec9fcd9d60d0c85bb508273)
(insert list of gamesTM here)
Con, Cyrano and KyzBP will be feeling my awesome presence with CMBS, HoN, and WitP AE respectively - Im unsure whether Con is in stealth mode or he only picked 3 MG teams a HQ and a Javelin team to play with.
I had stayed away from Arma 3 for awhile because it was all getting a bit heli to AO - die, heli to AO - die, heli to AO - die, heli to AO - die, heli to AO - die. Last night went from worse to great, first 3 attempted insertions were 2 kids who thought it would be great to try and ram each other totally clueless to the fact that both helis were full of people just trying to hitch a ride to the battle. One guy went mental over comms, i think one of the kids cried. Eventually arrived only to find out the AO is been covered by an enemy chopper, boom, boom, boom - team all dead, so that happened for a few turns, THEN eventually landed, survived the cannons and realised i was in the enemy AO, lots of guys everywhere - never seen it like this, i usually skip from cover to cover and then eventually get shot by a sniper, but this was the first time ive had small arms battles with people, killed 5 guys all looking the other way where our heli just landed - it was an eye opener in terms of game play. Of course this was the round i changed to designator so i could use thermal imaging, only to find myself next to an enemy APC full of bad guys and without a rocket launcher - KotH is a great game, i hate the crap you have to go through to get to the front, but once there its awesome
Finally some good music! Good choice JH.
I've been playing Fallout 4 exclusively but it's really repetitive so I'm moving more towards Dragon's Dogma and Diablo III season play.
Ugh... I find myself in one of those slumps where nothing is holding my interest. I just hate that feeling, when you open up your Steam library and look over 100 titles and all you think is, "meh."
Yeah, I know. First world problems. Probably I just need to catch up on sleep... and yet I have two small creatures in my household who are dead set against their parents ever doing that...
A metric shit ton of reading and hopefully some gaming with the kids on a new console, if I ever decide which one to get.
Quote from: Bison on January 22, 2016, 10:50:37 AM
A metric shit ton of reading and hopefully some gaming with the kids on a new console, if I ever decide which one to get.
i should have added, 'sitting in an arm chair and reading about Bison and his console dilemma' - by far the biggest time sink of the week
7 Days to Die, Fleet Commander Nimitz, lots of others I suppose when I'm not shoveling 2ft+ of snow.
Not much new here. DC Case Blue where I'm less than a month away from a Major Victory--- I think. So I'm not giving-up until it's in the Win Colum. And POE where I just fixed the Haunted Lighthouse. Wish I would've run across this one in October. Have a great weekend Grogs.
@ UCG,
I had a fantastic run on KotH the other day. I flew a few routes to ferry people in the Wyland?, that weird Huey looking one, because it carries flares. I really enjoy ferrying folks into the battlefield, although I almost always make them jump rather than land.
Then I took up a Pawnee and had a great time, probably flew for a good 30-40 minutes before what must have been an attack helo got me. I think I spoofed 3 missiles before the fourth got me; just not enough flares to spoof 4 missiles in that thing.
Good times!
Xenonauts
Toukiden Kiwami
maybe some War Thunder
Bread and Milk Craft
Snow Thrower Simulator 2
Continuing to play the original US campaign in CM Black Sea.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2FScreen%2520Shot%25202016-01-21%2520at%25205.21.21%2520PM_zpsmnhoonfb.png&hash=5f99196d824ca7720207afcdce6cc2eb5266f58a) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%205.21.21%20PM_zpsmnhoonfb.png.html)
Naval Action
ArmA 3
HOI3
:D
Quote from: IronX on January 22, 2016, 11:47:33 AM
Continuing to play the original US campaign in CM Black Sea.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2FScreen%2520Shot%25202016-01-21%2520at%25205.21.21%2520PM_zpsmnhoonfb.png&hash=5f99196d824ca7720207afcdce6cc2eb5266f58a) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%205.21.21%20PM_zpsmnhoonfb.png.html)
great pic, could just pick the little fella up and move him forward
Warlock II - I picked up all the DLC in the Xmas sale with the intent of using the Renaissance mod, not played the mod yet but having fun with the DLC expanded Exiled campaign.
Possibly also some Pandora or Crown of Glory Emperor's Edition or something else.
I'm also going to play the beta of Stellaris.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2016, 01:32:43 PM
I'm also going to play the beta of Stellaris.
is that the paradox one?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2016, 01:32:43 PM
I'm also going to play the beta of Stellaris.
Wait, what??? Really?? :o
Do you have access to the Hearts of Iron IV beta too? :)
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2016, 01:32:43 PM
I'm also going to play the beta of Stellaris.
Aahhhhh! so jealous :D
Just pulling your leg guys... :crazy2: O:-)
FKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 22, 2016, 03:32:02 PM
FKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P
LOL! Most fun I've had all day.
lmao - well done sir!
>:(
Nef allegedly the Radious mod lessens Realm Divide but it's still being really c-nty. It's a theme for the week with me.
For the first time in quite a while,
Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5) has its hooks firmly barbed in my flesh. Indeed, that's been the case most of this past week now.
My Cardassian campaign is still going well: My three oldest colonies are now fully developed and helping my homeworld pump out ships (badly needed for both defense and claiming new worlds), with a couple more of my star systems soon to join in the effort. Two minor races are members (including the Coridan with their marvelous shipyards), the Vulcans are allied with me, and I wiped those obnoxious Tholians off the map (their home system was crap anyway, not worth conquering). >:D I currently have a friendship treaty with the Federation to the galactic west, and decent relations (a recently renewed nonaggression treaty) with the Romulans to the north. I've finally achieved approximate parity with both powers in terms of territory and economic strength, and have nearly closed the research gap as well. My military is still noticeably lagging behind both of my neighbors', but I'm finally starting to make up lost ground there. In all, the future currently looks bright for the Union. 8)
At the moment, the only other game I'm really looking at playing this weekend is (what else? ::) )
Attila TW: Age of Charlemagne. It's not always brilliant, but it's (if nothing else) a solidly enjoyable campaign, at least in my experience so far. And if it really is the precursor to/prototype for Medieval 3 (as has been rumored), then there's definitely some reason to be excited... :D
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2016, 03:28:48 PM
Just pulling your leg guys... :crazy2: O:-)
You suck,
Jarhead! So very, very much!
Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2016, 03:39:18 PM
Nef allegedly the Radious mod lessens Realm Divide but it's still being really c-nty. It's a theme for the week with me.
Don't take any lip from it. Punch that c-nty clam right in the puckered hole!
Quote from: Martok on January 22, 2016, 04:37:55 PM
You suck, Jarhead! So very, very much!
Yeah, that's just mean. ;D
I'm trying...they're all ganging up on me. Bitches!
Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa - continuing two PBEMs currently active; the first as the Germans in which half my Infantry is so exhausted in middle of August it can barely fight; the other with the Soviets with Voroshilov on crack cocaine - and New School - so the majority of my Armies are fully activating every turn. :o
Also making my turns getting schooled as the Soviets in WITE, one small PBEM Road to Leningrad scenario and the other the full campaign The Bitter End.
The Golf Club
CMRT PBEM
Birth of Rome
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.
Shoveling snow is my most current pastime :P
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 23, 2016, 08:42:22 AM
Shoveling snow is my most current pastime :P
I'm right now launching
Waiting 1.0 before I engage
Snowblower 2.0 later this afternoon.
As long as the white shit stays light and fluffy I'm not overly worried. It's when the temp creeps up over 32* that I start hating life.
Sod all. Out of town for the weekend. :(
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.
Sorry to hear JH. I'm on Win 10, but not using my normal sim gear (CH). I will test it out tomorrow.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 22, 2016, 09:55:30 AM
(insert list of gamesTM here)
Just Naval Action at the moment. And shoveling snow. And keeping the wood stove running well.
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.
Sorry to hear JH. I'm on Win 10, but not using my normal sim gear (CH). I will test it out tomorrow.
Hi JH
I just tried my TrackIR and CH gear. My CH profiles are normally programmed so that each piece of hardware is one DirectX Device, i.e. 4 different devices each with 8 axis and 32 buttons. But some games does not like that and I have to combine them all into one DirectX device even though I will miss out a lot of my axes and buttions. Evochron Legacy is one of these games and after using a combined profile it works as expected. The TrackIR is nice but not essential, even though the NAV menu etc looks cool in 3D when turning my head.
Maybe the X52 has the same option? Its been a long time since I used Saitek gear.
Thanks for testing your gear out Cougar.
I have the X55. X52 seems to be working with most people.
How do you reconfigure your devices with directX?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2016, 05:28:26 PM
How do you reconfigure your devices with directX?
The specific CH program provides the option for their HOTAS stuff.
I had to combine the separate CH throttle & stick on
Wings Over Flanders Fields too.
Not sure if the Saitek program allows you to choose & combine different button assignments. The reason for doing it with some of the older & indie engines is because they don't support multiple different devices, each with so many buttons, unless it's a single device.
Doesn't the Saitek X-series HOTAS show up as a single device already? I thought they chained through to a single USB plug?
Well, my weekend didn't quite turn out as I hoped.
Did get some meaningful time with HOI3 - just annexed Poland and steaming on toward the low countries / France.
Spent most of my weekend looking at houses so didn't get as much gaming in as I had intended. Spent most of my time playing Aurora, with a couple of hours in Elite and Prepar3D. Recorded two episodes of my Aurora Let's Play before I realized I had the in game sound settings messed up.
Finally got a chance to take my Carenado Phenom 300 out for a test flight. Got it started from a cold start and airborne. Encountered some issues while flying that resulted in my aircraft ending up in an uncontrolled death spiral. Today's lesson, don't adjust hotkeys/controls while your plane is airborne.
Quote from: Kushan on January 25, 2016, 01:03:06 AM
Spent most of my weekend looking at houses so didn't get as much gaming in as I had intended. Spent most of my time playing Aurora, with a couple of hours in Elite and Prepar3D. Recorded two episodes of my Aurora Let's Play before I realized I had the in game sound settings messed up.
Finally got a chance to take my Carenado Phenom 300 out for a test flight. Got it started from a cold start and airborne. Encountered some issues while flying that resulted in my aircraft ending up in an uncontrolled death spiral. Today's lesson, don't adjust hotkeys/controls while your plane is airborne.
Sorry to hear about the aurora lets play debacle. That is really frustrating when you make a great video and then go back to check it and realize it didn't record properly. Do you have any aurora lets play videos up already or were these your first two? I've been looking for something to motivate me to learn this game for ages.
I've been playing Deathly Ill all weekend. The marathon continues..
Don't recall breaking stuff in the Secret Bio Weapon Facility, but the results have been the same.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 25, 2016, 05:04:06 AM
I've been looking for something to motivate me to learn this game for ages.
While you wait you could take a look at these let's play/tutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-sRFRB4BPB-FbmVuvwIKH92
Part 1 of 25 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWln8Ne1RA&index=1&list=PLs3acGYgI1-sRFRB4BPB-FbmVuvwIKH92
Part 1 of 8 :
oh balls. id forgotten about this and the quill tutorials are awesome - must stay strong
Feel better Nef.
I ended up playing BOTF and the original Shogun TW -- on Steam. I'm so happy the original STW and MTW were finally made available for DD. :)
Quote from: Nefaro on January 24, 2016, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2016, 05:28:26 PM
How do you reconfigure your devices with directX?
The specific CH program provides the option for their HOTAS stuff.
I had to combine the separate CH throttle & stick on Wings Over Flanders Fields too.
Not sure if the Saitek program allows you to choose & combine different button assignments. The reason for doing it with some of the older & indie engines is because they don't support multiple different devices, each with so many buttons, unless it's a single device.
Doesn't the Saitek X-series HOTAS show up as a single device already? I thought they chained through to a single USB plug?
What he said ;)
I've been addicted to Ratchet and Clank (I'm pretty close to finishing it, but can only play when the oldest can watch. She enjoys the story.) and Far Cry 3. I've been playing it with the Xbox 360 controller even though it's on pc and have been thoroughly enjoying the game.
I played Knights of Pen & Paper 2 - which was surprisingly fun.
Quote from: airboy on January 25, 2016, 01:16:55 PM
I played Knights of Pen & Paper 2 - which was surprisingly fun.
Did you play the first one, airboy? It's pretty good. There's an expansion for it (Halloween-themed) that I didn't pick up, but I bought KOP&P2 when it was on super sale on Steam recently. Good game, too.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 25, 2016, 05:04:06 AM
Quote from: Kushan on January 25, 2016, 01:03:06 AM
Spent most of my weekend looking at houses so didn't get as much gaming in as I had intended. Spent most of my time playing Aurora, with a couple of hours in Elite and Prepar3D. Recorded two episodes of my Aurora Let's Play before I realized I had the in game sound settings messed up.
Finally got a chance to take my Carenado Phenom 300 out for a test flight. Got it started from a cold start and airborne. Encountered some issues while flying that resulted in my aircraft ending up in an uncontrolled death spiral. Today's lesson, don't adjust hotkeys/controls while your plane is airborne.
Sorry to hear about the aurora lets play debacle. That is really frustrating when you make a great video and then go back to check it and realize it didn't record properly. Do you have any aurora lets play videos up already or were these your first two? I've been looking for something to motivate me to learn this game for ages.
They where the first two. I had played Aurora on my twitch stream a few weeks ago. Was my first time playing it in several years and made a number of mistakes that while recoverable in the long run probably where not going to be that enjoyable to watch so I decided to restart.
If you can get over the lack of graphics and a UI that can sometimes hate the player, it can be one of the most rewarding gaming experiences out there. I don't think there's anything on the strategy front that come close to the depth and complexity of Aurora. Reading some of the Steves's AAR's (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=5588c15c8131ee3fd94beaa1c0543e28&board=60.0), especially the NATO vs Soviet Union Campaign, really helped me learn the game. Doesn't really help get over the UI hurdle but it gave me something to base some of my own designs off of.