PROJECT ZOMBOID
CURIOUS EXPEDITION
gog.com
I like them both, I like CURIOUS EXPEDITION as a roguelike too
Curious Expedition is a good game, but it has a learning curve to it.
LOL....I struggle with difficulty in most games so any mention of rogue or rogue-like is an instant turn off for me.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 28, 2016, 10:39:28 AM
Curious Expedition is a good game, but it has a learning curve to it.
I've enjoyed it. Dig the exploration and variability. Just wish there were more areas available for the mix. Still well worth it.
The learning curve is due to the odd rock-paper-scissors attack types in the combat part IMO. Not too difficult to figure out, but the mechanics are a bit unconventional so you gotta pay attention in the tutorial.
On my first expedition it barely lasted five minutes because I brought the wrong stuff along. My next one did a bit better, as did the one after that. I haven't had time to go back to it but I like how it ramps up and you learn through trial and error.
Damn.. I kinda want to start up another expedition now. ^-^
Quote from: Rayfer on January 28, 2016, 12:28:33 PM
LOL....I struggle with difficulty in most games so any mention of rogue or rogue-like is an instant turn off for me.
the old rogue games were brutaly complicated with each single text or number or graphic symbol meaning something, and then ontop all the keys needed to play, but rogue has evolved as Nefaro(rogue pro) will tell you, roguelike just means random and you have an inventory like rpgs, but each roguelike can be vastly different and easy to play.
I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 07:29:37 AM
I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.
Ive not had a good look yet, but it looks like the simms with zonbies and I loved the first simms, you can build and fight in an open world, its 40% off, but its still in development, so If I was you get the latest patch.
Quote from: gameleaper on January 29, 2016, 08:27:37 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 07:29:37 AM
I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.
Ive not had a good look yet, but it looks like the simms with zonbies and I loved the first simms, you can build and fight in an open world, its 40% off, but its still in development, so If I was you get the latest patch.
It's on Steam, so it'll be updated continuously. I watched a few Let's Play videos and liked the crafting mechanism in it, but after the fact I got lazy and just don't want to expend the energy to learn the combinations.
ah I got it on gog so I will need to check for updates, but Id rather have it on gog because I don't need an internet conection. I see its going to be complicated if it need lets play vids, I'm looking forward to watching them thx for the info
GOG has their own client called Galaxy. It's like Steam, but for GOG. :)
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 11:12:13 AM
GOG has their own client called Galaxy. It's like Steam, but for GOG. :)
yeh I noticed the galaxy , but I want drm-free completely , not background apps. I like gog as it was I hope they don't force galaxy on us.
Quote from: gameleaper on January 29, 2016, 11:19:46 AM
I like gog as it was I hope they don't force galaxy on us.
They've stated it's optional. I don't foresee them throwing away one of their best advantages as an alternative to Steam; being DRM-free. They practically built their image on that alone.
You have the option of downloading games directly or using Galaxy. I'm not even certain if you need to keep galaxy open to play games you DL through there. My Divine Divinity does not work through their launcher, I had to pin a direct connect to the exe in my start menu
I have Galaxy and have been using it since almost the first day it came out. I honestly prefer to use it instead of the other way, manually downloading and installing everything.
If you have downloaded and installed Galaxy, you can buy a game on GOG.com and go to Galaxy and install it there, if you want. You can, of course, buy a game through Galaxy and download/install it there, too. I believe whatever game you purchase, regardless of through Galaxy or their website, will appear in your library in both places. So, buy a game in either place, you can download it either way.
If you run the game directly off the hard drive, you don't need Galaxy open.
I haven't had an issue with games not running through Galaxy...at least, not yet.
well I buy games on my secure PC with latest anti-virus etc... but I play game on PCs not connected to the Net because the games reduce security, I also browse on my secure PC, so galaxy would mean I need to connect my game PCV to the Net. I don't know how the games industry gets away with making you activate etc... and play on a PC that's not as secure as a PC used for putting your credit details in.
I never save my payment information online, anywhere. Steam is a pain in the butt, both to have to enter my credentials every time, but there's no question of me ever trusting them to 'save' my payment information (and that option is ALWAYS checked at check-out, so I always de-select it). Steam gets hacked every so often and it's just not worth it. Same with GOG Galaxy.