GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on February 19, 2016, 06:24:27 AM

Title: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: undercovergeek on February 19, 2016, 06:24:27 AM


I googled worst hair metal bands and this was number 1 - and its this because MD wont let me post Bon Jovi songs

This weekend i will be playing XCOM 2 and when im not ill be making XCOM 2 people, particularly Mac and Dutch from Predator

and when im not doing that ill be getting sunk and bombed by KyzBP

have a great weekend
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 19, 2016, 06:31:31 AM
Well that was an assault on the senses, thanks for that Geek!

Wurm Online as usual

NeonXSZ - such a perfect example of the genre that even I'm enjoying it despite not generally liking 6DOF shooters

Euro Truck Sim 2 - bought my second garage this week, the cash is starting to roll in now!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 06:45:45 AM
Trust me, Bon Jovi is worse even than THAT!  Most of the weekend will probably be spent getting ready for a D&D 5E campaign with some noobs.  Any video game playing will probably be Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.  Research purposes ;)
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: jamus34 on February 19, 2016, 06:49:23 AM
Stryper...trust me, stryper makes Bon Jovi look like freaking Motley Crue.

This weekend I will be testing out my new toy however I can (27" Aoc monitor)

I'll probably do some Grim Dawn, EU4, HOI3 and whatever else I feel like throwing at it.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
Probably play some Helldivers on PC, ARMA 3, DCS Nevada and making some Lets Play videos with MOO3!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Anguille on February 19, 2016, 06:50:52 AM
Grand Ages: Rome i will continue my campaign. I don't feel so much at ease with the military missions yet (finish the missions but it's not very fast) but at this point in the campaign, i don't have much choice.

It made me want to play the following games as well.

Imperium Civitas (Glory of the Roman Empire 1 1/2). I love the slow pace and the puzzle aspect of the game. It also has a fun challenge mode with all the cities (every time new challenges/goals). 10 years old but still amazing.

Caesar III: working on Tarentum...funny to compare with the newer games....it takes me forever to complete a mission....goal is 2500 people.....not easy to feed so many.

Horizon: will try to finish the campaign by taking out the Varains (one of the few quests i haven't completed yet) so i can be ready for Master of Orion next friday.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Boggit on February 19, 2016, 07:09:19 AM
More Field of Glory MP with Ian C, Sauron and Gianfranco (don't know if he is signed up to Grogs yet, but I'm sure he will)
Fighting through rivers of blood playing SB: First World War with Cyrano
Finishing off my SB: Vietnam - Battle for Hue campaign
Some Horizon
Some Combat Mission
Some Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Civ5 - undecided
And maybe even start some DC:Barbarossa with Banzai Cat if he's still up for it...
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Barthheart on February 19, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
No gaming this weekend.  :'( Going out of town for a friend's retirement party.  O0
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Rayfer on February 19, 2016, 08:27:37 AM
More WitP:AE....actually made it to Dec. 17th, 1941....only 10 days post Pearl Harbor but quite a satisfying experience.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Gusington on February 19, 2016, 08:31:34 AM
Been hard to quit Mad Max for I love it so...but I need a space fix so I will finally be firing up Homeworld and maybe even Elite - Dangerous.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: sandman2575 on February 19, 2016, 08:40:10 AM
Quote from: Anguille on February 19, 2016, 06:50:52 AM
Grand Ages: Rome i will continue my campaign. I don't feel so much at ease with the military missions yet (finish the missions but it's not very fast) but at this point in the campaign, i don't have much choice.

It made me want to play the following games as well.

Imperium Civitas (Glory of the Roman Empire 1 1/2). I love the slow pace and the puzzle aspect of the game. It also has a fun challenge mode with all the cities (every time new challenges/goals). 10 years old but still amazing.

Caesar III: working on Tarentum...funny to compare with the newer games....it takes me forever to complete a mission....goal is 2500 people.....not easy to feed so many.

Anguille, do you ever play TW Rome II?  Just curious given your love of ancient Rome (which I share).

I have been playing a ton of Rome II with the essential Divide et Impera mod of late.  I know Rome II still gets a bad rap but at this stage it's entirely undeserved, especially with mods like DEI which take the game to a whole new level of awesome.

Anyway, highly recommend if you have any tolerance for Total War. DEI mod with some minor tweaks (like slower battles / slower campaign movement) is an absolutely tremendous Roman Empire experience. 

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Anguille on February 19, 2016, 09:10:12 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on February 19, 2016, 08:40:10 AM
Anguille, do you ever play TW Rome II?  Just curious given your love of ancient Rome (which I share).

I have been playing a ton of Rome II with the essential Divide et Impera mod of late.  I know Rome II still gets a bad rap but at this stage it's entirely undeserved, especially with mods like DEI which take the game to a whole new level of awesome.

Anyway, highly recommend if you have any tolerance for Total War. DEI mod with some minor tweaks (like slower battles / slower campaign movement) is an absolutely tremendous Roman Empire experience.
I am a little behind in my gaming. I have almost all the Total War games (including Rome II) but i have just started playing Medieval II  :-[. Actually, i should play Rome I some more before starting Rome II. One of the reasons for being behind is also due to the fact that i usually don't have a computer able to run well their latest release. I am not sure how well Rome II will run on my current Desktop...for example, Grand Ages Medieval doesn't run well on it so i'll keep it for my next desktop (if i ever buy one). But Rome II is definitevely on my list, thanks for your recommandations.  O0
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MengJiao on February 19, 2016, 09:25:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
Probably play some Helldivers on PC, ARMA 3, DCS Nevada and making some Lets Play videos with MOO3!

Maybe some ARMA3 and AttilaCharlemagne and DCS of some sort.  As well as some boardgames and Naval Action.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Loving the new Team Battles, although we got our asses handed to us last night. Maybe some Civ IV with MD and Barth, or Civ V with friend from work. Also may try Total War Attila, since I just bought some DLC for my son.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Sir Slash on February 19, 2016, 11:36:47 AM
Having a solo weekend and so I'm planning on making a Big Push to finish my DC Case Blue campaign and FINALLY beat this Mother-of-a-Game. I'm talking a Good Mother-- Scarlett Johannsen, not a Bad Mother-- Rosie O'Donnell type thing here.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: mirth on February 19, 2016, 11:55:26 AM
Gonna be a table top game weekend. Couple of minis games tomorrow and then trying out the Lock n Load Modern demo.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
Will be giving The Division Open Beta a try hopefully in co-op with friends to see if it's less boring than the closed beta was solo.
Some XCOM2 continue getting my hapless troops killed
Some American Truck Simulator
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 12:20:19 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Loving the new Team Battles, although we got our asses handed to us last night.


I should be able to join up this weekend for more Team Battles. 

You guys just need someone who mistakenly over-extends too much and draws all the enemy fire for the first few minutes before dying.  Which is to say... me!   :crazy2:  Bullet Soaker.

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 12:20:56 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 12:20:19 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Loving the new Team Battles, although we got our asses handed to us last night.


I should be able to join up this weekend for more Team Battles. 

You guys just need someone who over-extends too much and draws all the enemy fire for the first few minutes before dying.  Which is to say... me!   :crazy2:


I think we need like 3 or 4 more 2ndACRs!!!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 12:20:56 PM


I think we need like 3 or 4 more 2ndACRs!!!


Magic 8 Ball says, "Not Likely".   God's Prototype.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
No gaming me for this weekend, unless it's Sunday evening once I'm home again.  After I take a nap here, will be headed up to the woods of northern Wisconsin to visit friends for a few days.  :) 




Quote from: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 06:45:45 AM
Most of the weekend will probably be spent getting ready for a D&D 5E campaign with some noobs. 
Cool.  Have you played 5E before?  Am a little curious as to what veteran D&D players think of it (I still love my 3.5). 




Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive. 

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: kludger on February 19, 2016, 01:19:11 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive.

Yeah I agree on the price, I picked it up during a recent 50% off sale and it was still expensive at $30, I've just done the tutorial so far, but it looks like it's going to scratch that fun but not too complicated strategy game itch for me. I'll post some thoughts once I get some decent time with it.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM
As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: mirth on February 19, 2016, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM
As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.

Could you ask her to hold off until you finish the AAR?  ;D
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Crossroads on February 19, 2016, 01:52:36 PM
Lock'n Load Tactical demoes arrived just today.  :smitten:
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: mirth on February 19, 2016, 01:53:15 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 19, 2016, 01:52:36 PM
Lock'n Load Tactical demoes arrived just today.  :smitten:

You got both demos?
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 19, 2016, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM
As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.

Could you ask her to hold off until you finish the AAR?  ;D

I'll get right on that  :buck2:.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: airboy on February 19, 2016, 02:38:38 PM
I've been playing Order of Battle Pacific: Morning Sun the last couple of days.  Very interesting simulation of the Sino-Chinese war in the 1930s. 
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2016, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: airboy on February 19, 2016, 02:38:38 PM
I've been playing Order of Battle Pacific: Morning Sun the last couple of days.  Very interesting simulation of the Sino-Chinese war in the 1930s.

That reminds me...I have to get to that.

Wouldn't expect someone to refer to it as a "simulation" though...sounds promising.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: sandman2575 on February 19, 2016, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive.

+1.  Bought it during the winter sale, but have spent no time with it.  This, along with The Seven Year's War, are the two titles I really want to get into but I fear the steep learning curves...
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on February 19, 2016, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive.

+1.  Bought it during the winter sale, but have spent no time with it.  This, along with The Seven Year's War, are the two titles I really want to get into but I fear the steep learning curves...

Nobunaga's looks like it has a large amount of options to go through every turn, but it looks more complicated than it really is. 

You'll often be using just a handful of the many orders every turn, spread across your many holdings.  There is a small pdf manual available for it.  In the install location.. or linked on the game page.. I don't recall off-hand.  It has simple summaries of all the orders, though, so that may be a better help than the odd and very Engrish-y tutorial.

The game is definitely very improvement-focused, but the other large share of decision-making regards efficiently placing all your generals in various holdings and assigning them the proper command or missions.  And keeping an eye on the ones with questionable loyalty.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: -budd- on February 19, 2016, 04:28:13 PM
Really....F**king Winger, it would be harder to find bands then who didnt have big hair. Bon Jovi was certainly in the running, so was the Crew, Poison, Whitesnake, Van Halen.....so for godsakes...Why Winger :knuppel2:. One does not open a friday thread and expect to see a Winger reference...................EVER. Whew, i feel better. Didn't know my Winger hate was still alive.

I will be doing some zombie killing in 7 days to die and playing PCO and will probably pick up CMRT.

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: undercovergeek on February 19, 2016, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: -budd- on February 19, 2016, 04:28:13 PM
Really....F**king Winger, it would be harder to find bands then who didnt have big hair. Bon Jovi was certainly in the running, so was the Crew, Poison, Whitesnake, Van Halen.....so for godsakes...Why Winger :knuppel2:. One does not open a friday thread and expect to see a Winger reference...................EVER. Whew, i feel better. Didn't know my Winger hate was still alive.

I will be doing some zombie killing in 7 days to die and playing PCO and will probably pick up CMRT.

i was trying to punish MD for banning the Jovi in a Friday thread
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: -budd- on February 19, 2016, 04:33:42 PM
For god sakes think of the collateral damage next time. O if he watched that video he was punished, trust me :) I do fall on the ban Jovi side of things. Their concerts were great, probably 75% female.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Toonces on February 19, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
What's up with all the Jersey hate?   >:(  Bon Jovi is like milk to me!

Now then, for gaming, I'm sort of all over the place.  I've been working my way through Shelby Foote's excellent Civil War trilogy, and so I'm hankering to fire up Scourge of War.

Completely opposed to that, I've been considering firing up Silent Hunter 4 and revisiting that game.

Finally, I want to continue taking the Patriots to the Super Bowl with Madden 25 on the Xbox.  Maybe a little NHL13 to mix things up.  Sort of a grab bag of subjects in my gaming today.

Oh, and Skyrim.   ::)
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Gusington on February 19, 2016, 06:08:22 PM
^Aren't you lactose intolerant?

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: IronX on February 19, 2016, 06:10:21 PM
Playing X-Com 2, trying to improve my strategic game (so far, so good) and not to suck too much in the tactical battles.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2Fxcom2sectoid_zpsgxzeqsj4.jpg&hash=3117efbc176d1a2fd0f335522f70795d0ff15fcf) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/xcom2sectoid_zpsgxzeqsj4.jpg.html)
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 19, 2016, 07:07:45 PM
Excellent action shot, IronX! O0
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 06:45:45 AM
Most of the weekend will probably be spent getting ready for a D&D 5E campaign with some noobs. 
Cool.  Have you played 5E before?  Am a little curious as to what veteran D&D players think of it (I still love my 3.5). 

I haven't played it yet either.  I have a group of 5 or 6 n00bs (two are even real live females) that want to learn how to play.  Just dropped a C-note at BAM for the DMG and the PH.  Couldn't afford the MM, so, I'm going to have to fake it.  Tomorrow night is character creation and back story.  Probably have the first session one of the next two Saturday nights.

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 19, 2016, 04:29:08 PM
i was trying to punish MD for banning the Jovi in a Friday thread

Just be glad it's not you being banned from starting FRIDAY threads with that awful noise :P

Quote from: Toonces on February 19, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
What's up with all the Jersey hate?   >:(  Bon Jovi is like milk to me!

I purposely started last FRIDAY's thread with a song just for you.  Did I hear, "Great song, Dawg!"  No.  Not even an acknowledgement.  So, you can keep your ivoJ noB and no more songs for you :P :P :P
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Toonces on February 19, 2016, 09:15:00 PM
I'm not saying last week was bad, it just wasn't Bon Jovi.   :-*

Now then, let me rock YOU buddy!

Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Toonces on February 19, 2016, 09:18:16 PM
OMG, Ratt!  You know I have Hair Nation in my Sirius playlist, right?  Ratt...   :smitten:
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on February 19, 2016, 09:48:00 PM
Mission development for Steel Beasts.

Mastering the DCS UH-1 - I landed on the oil rig on my first attempt and now I'm sort of hooked on the game.

Messing around with the new Eden 3d Editor for ArmA 3. Although its nice to have a 3d editor, the ArmA editor is still a distant 3rd behind Steel Beasts and DCS World editors.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Toonces on February 19, 2016, 09:15:00 PM
I'm not saying last week was bad, it just wasn't Bon Jovi.   :-*

Now then, let me rock YOU buddy!



So, Bon Jovi is better than Chevelle?  What universe are YOU from?!?!?!?!!!


Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Kushan on February 19, 2016, 09:54:15 PM
I've been battling the flu all week, thankfully Paradox knows that the cure is a new DLC release in the form of Cities: Skyline Snowfall.

My current city is up to about 16,000, using 4 of the zones. not really going for max density this time around. Was really up and down economically for awhile. Took me a few hours to start gaining a steady profit, and not have every new improvement send me back into the red. I haven't read the patch notes, but I suspect there was some balancing done to income along with the new road, temperature mechanics.

Aurora, Elite, and CMANO scenario work are possibilities as well if I'm feeling up to it.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Crossroads on February 20, 2016, 02:32:11 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 19, 2016, 01:53:15 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 19, 2016, 01:52:36 PM
Lock'n Load Tactical demoes arrived just today.  :smitten:

You got both demos?

Yes I did, arrived in the same parcel too. Meanwhile, I printed out the Playthrough guide and the extra counter and laminated the latter. So I guess you can say I was rather waiting for these.

;D
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Arctic Blast on February 20, 2016, 04:44:10 AM
The Division Open Beta will be played quite a bit. And I'll dive back in to either XCom 2 or The Crew.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: WallysWorld on February 20, 2016, 11:30:55 AM
Still spending time installing programs and games following my HDD failure. Very happy I was using Norton Ghost to back up my hard drives.

But I have time for the following:

CMRT PBEM
Company of Heroes
Men of War
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Gusington on February 20, 2016, 05:09:46 PM
You're welcome for the Ratt. And yes Bon Jovi is definitely better than Chevelle. Hate to side with The Commander but there you have it.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MetalDog on February 20, 2016, 06:14:04 PM
I stand...............disappointed  :'(
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: MetalDog on February 20, 2016, 07:13:23 PM
You wouldn't DARE!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 07:24:23 PM
set your alarm early for Fridays old man!!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 20, 2016, 07:42:46 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 07:24:23 PM
set your alarm early for Fridays old man!!

I wish I'd just started the thread instead of poking you!  :tickedoff:
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Nefaro on February 20, 2016, 11:18:18 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up

Oh sweet baby jesus raptor, noooo!
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: -budd- on February 20, 2016, 11:25:38 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up

As the dude would say "this Jovi aggression will not stand"
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Raied on February 20, 2016, 11:38:09 PM
ARMA 3
Wargame Red Dragon
Door Kickers
CMANO
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Toonces on February 21, 2016, 10:00:41 AM
So far all I've played is Scourge of War.  I booted up a user-created scenario on the Chancellorsville map.  As Jackson for the CS, the scenario is where Jackson went around the Union lines and attacked the exposed Union right flank.  I played it using couriers only.

For the most part it seemed like it was going ok, but a few things I can't figure out.  For example, I'll order a Division Commander to move his troops to a spot and tell him to attack enemy to his front.  He will usually do this with his infantry, but I simply could not get artillery to deploy, even when I eventually gave the artillery commanders tailored directions.  They'll move, but not unlimber and attack.  Also, sometimes not all of a division will move.

I ended up losing the scenario because it's a timed one and I exceeded the time to capture the objectives, and mostly that was because I couldn't get my artillery to provide counter-battery and supporting fires to augment my assaults.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Despite that, I always come away amazed at what an outstanding wargame this series is.  Graphics are the dog, but the gameplay is top notch, especially using couriers for orders.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: airboy on February 21, 2016, 10:15:54 AM
I've played a small amount of Soviet Corps.  It is polished and works like the other games in the series (Panzer Corps, Allied Corps, Afrika Corps) with the addition of Stalin looming in the background to have you shot if you fail a mission.

Mostly I've had to work.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 21, 2016, 10:35:04 AM
All I've really played so far this weekend is NeonXSZ.  In terms of sheer quality of gameplay it's right up there with the best.  I can barely put it down, and that's saying something for me.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Gusington on February 21, 2016, 11:36:18 AM
Finally got a chance to sit down at my gaming pc now and I am still in a space-y mood. Got Elite Dangerous and Homeworld ready to go and I also just reinstalled Endless Space...I see there is a DLC available for 9.99 called Disharmony that adds fighters, enhances combat, etc. Anyone have Disharmony?
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: JasonPratt on February 21, 2016, 04:59:16 PM
Got Combat Mission Red Thunder downloaded and installed but not modded up yet.

Mostly I've been playing Empyrion; with a new AAR entry already and more to come. Can I actually fly by Day 7??

Oh, and I played quite a bit of my ongoing occasional game of Puzzle Quest 1 on the PS3 while waiting for Red Thunder to dl.
Title: Re: It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again
Post by: Gusington on February 22, 2016, 09:32:38 PM
Good God here they come...rarely has a game had better audio than Homeworld...every event that occurs is filled with dread because of the sound effects and music...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F547555623379371096%2F4D89686F39E05A841738F7DA5A23D3BC09C8E8EE%2F&hash=ec64aeb80a29f028329525775898a9de9c7fd08c)