It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again

Started by undercovergeek, February 19, 2016, 06:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

Gonna be a table top game weekend. Couple of minis games tomorrow and then trying out the Lock n Load Modern demo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

kludger

Will be giving The Division Open Beta a try hopefully in co-op with friends to see if it's less boring than the closed beta was solo.
Some XCOM2 continue getting my hapless troops killed
Some American Truck Simulator
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Loving the new Team Battles, although we got our asses handed to us last night.


I should be able to join up this weekend for more Team Battles. 

You guys just need someone who mistakenly over-extends too much and draws all the enemy fire for the first few minutes before dying.  Which is to say... me!   :crazy2:  Bullet Soaker.


Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 12:20:19 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Loving the new Team Battles, although we got our asses handed to us last night.


I should be able to join up this weekend for more Team Battles. 

You guys just need someone who over-extends too much and draws all the enemy fire for the first few minutes before dying.  Which is to say... me!   :crazy2:


I think we need like 3 or 4 more 2ndACRs!!!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 19, 2016, 12:20:56 PM


I think we need like 3 or 4 more 2ndACRs!!!


Magic 8 Ball says, "Not Likely".   God's Prototype.

Martok

No gaming me for this weekend, unless it's Sunday evening once I'm home again.  After I take a nap here, will be headed up to the woods of northern Wisconsin to visit friends for a few days.  :) 




Quote from: MetalDog on February 19, 2016, 06:45:45 AM
Most of the weekend will probably be spent getting ready for a D&D 5E campaign with some noobs. 
Cool.  Have you played 5E before?  Am a little curious as to what veteran D&D players think of it (I still love my 3.5). 




Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

kludger

Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive.

Yeah I agree on the price, I picked it up during a recent 50% off sale and it was still expensive at $30, I've just done the tutorial so far, but it looks like it's going to scratch that fun but not too complicated strategy game itch for me. I'll post some thoughts once I get some decent time with it.

Airborne Rifles

As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM
As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.

Could you ask her to hold off until you finish the AAR?  ;D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Lock'n Load Tactical demoes arrived just today.  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: mirth on February 19, 2016, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM
As per SOP, it will be CMANO for me (see the rhyme I made there?). Finishing up my NF6 AAR and starting to play through NF7. All this assuming the wife doesn't pop out the baby over the next couple days.

Could you ask her to hold off until you finish the AAR?  ;D

I'll get right on that  :buck2:.

airboy

I've been playing Order of Battle Pacific: Morning Sun the last couple of days.  Very interesting simulation of the Sino-Chinese war in the 1930s. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: airboy on February 19, 2016, 02:38:38 PM
I've been playing Order of Battle Pacific: Morning Sun the last couple of days.  Very interesting simulation of the Sino-Chinese war in the 1930s.

That reminds me...I have to get to that.

Wouldn't expect someone to refer to it as a "simulation" though...sounds promising.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


sandman2575

Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: kludger on February 19, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
If I have time some Nobunaga's Ambition
If you get around to playing this one at all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.  Have had my eye on it for a while now, but it's rather expensive.

+1.  Bought it during the winter sale, but have spent no time with it.  This, along with The Seven Year's War, are the two titles I really want to get into but I fear the steep learning curves...