GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 06:51:44 AM

Title: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 06:51:44 AM



Thank God I didn't wake up to see Bon Jovi on these hallowed pages!!!

This weekend will be so more preparation for my upcoming D&D 5e campaign with my daughter and her friends.  Teaching myself to DM and them how to play.  Any digital gaming time will be Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on the PS3 or something on the PC, Civ maybe with Barth and Tuna or something else that may strike my fancy.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2016, 07:02:50 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 06:51:44 AM
Thank God I didn't wake up to see Bon Jovi on these hallowed pages!!!

Instead you give us one of the most overrated bands in the world! :P

Wurm Online as usual

NeonXSZ because it's awesome

Euro Truck Sim 2 most probably

Sunless Sea just released for Linux and is in the current Humble Indie Bundle so I'll probably give it a try this weekend.

Happy gaming everyone!
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 07:19:38 AM
The Chili Peppers were not.overrated until around 1991 or so!

Homeworld and Rebel Galaxy this weekend, but Attila: Age of Charlemagne and Metal Gear Solid V both sound the siren's call...
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2016, 07:21:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 07:19:38 AM
The Chili Peppers were not.overrated until around 1991 or so!

Well, yeah.  They have to be known before they can be overrated.  But they've always sucked! :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 07:25:37 AM
No way. They were great late 80s/early 90s.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 07:30:44 AM
It's my anniversary weekend, so gameplay may be limited if I don't want to end up in the doghouse.

Otherwise, it will be the new MOO, with maybe some X Rebirth with the new expansion and some more ARMA 3.

By the way...shouldn't it be "Breaking the Friday", not "Friday the Girl". I mean, come on, at least have it make sense.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2016, 07:51:46 AM
I've got zero idea what I'll be playing per se, but if I had my guess, I see RO2 / Rising Storm and Insurgency will no doubt take some time when I'm not piddling around on other things.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 26, 2016, 08:09:16 AM
No idea myself, either. I'm just praying right now this damned illness that's stuck with me since last Saturday stays away because I have another show to do tonight and tomorrow night. I'll probably spend a lot of time resting this weekend. Hell, I went to bed at 7 last night and more or less slept straight through until 5 this morning, and still felt like I needed another 10 hours.  :-\

If anything though, I'll try to do some more reporting on three of my AARs - Fleet Commander Nimitz, Pool of Radiance, and The Political Machine.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 26, 2016, 08:14:58 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 07:30:44 AM
It's my anniversary weekend, so gameplay may be limited if I don't want to end up in the doghouse.

Otherwise, it will be the new MOO, with maybe some X Rebirth with the new expansion and some more ARMA 3.

By the way...shouldn't it be "Breaking the Friday", not "Friday the Girl". I mean, come on, at least have it make sense.
Happy anniversary to you both JH.

Probably not a lot to be honest. I need to make ground on my Su-27 model build and I've got the superb 6 Nations tournament tonight and tomorrow.

I will try and play pCars and The Witcher III and possibly DCS World 2 with the F-15 Red Flag campaign

I've been itching to buy a game but I actually think I'm just have the "savings blues" and feel the need to treat myself...but I am holding off on American Truck Simulator and Tigers on the Hunt.

Whatever you all choose to play (or not) - have a great weekend.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Barthheart on February 26, 2016, 08:16:28 AM
Finally get back to DC3 PBEM with Jason.

More Wing Leader PBEM with SDR... getting down to the final bombings of the Lexington there then run for home.

More VASSAL work, LnLP is putting out games faster than I can make modules!

More work on my car, need to finally get the head off the engine, now that it's warm enough to work in the garage.

Maybe some Civ IV with MD and Tuna.... we really need stomp on Alexander hard.  :knuppel2:

Trying to get time to learn Plan Orange on my wargaming table.


Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 26, 2016, 08:28:14 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 26, 2016, 08:09:16 AM
No idea myself, either. I'm just praying right now this damned illness that's stuck with me since last Saturday stays away because I have another show to do tonight and tomorrow night. I'll probably spend a lot of time resting this weekend. Hell, I went to bed at 7 last night and more or less slept straight through until 5 this morning, and still felt like I needed another 10 hours.  :-\

If anything though, I'll try to do some more reporting on three of my AARs - Fleet Commander Nimitz, Pool of Radiance, and The Political Machine.
I hope you feel better soon BC.

I can think of better things to do on a weekend than being laid up with illness.  :(
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Anguille on February 26, 2016, 08:43:11 AM
Happy B'day!

And all the best to BC!

I will mostly play Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars as well as Stardrive 2 (felt the need to compare both). Then some Horizon and finally, when i get fed up with conquering the universe, some good old Grand Ages: Rome.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: tgb on February 26, 2016, 08:53:42 AM
Testing, testing, testing - my 1805 campaign in the latest build of Victory and Glory, the (likely) release build of Last Days of Old Earth, some Polaris Sector too.

Of course, that could all be thrown out the window if Firaxis were to announce that they've found a solution to XCOM 2's stability issues.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2016, 09:11:54 AM
Happy anniversary to you both, Jarhead! O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: gameleaper on February 26, 2016, 09:20:17 AM
on Gog MOO4 early dev is on sale !

I will be playing Tigers on the Hunt, its just the best if you ever went on a boardgame journey with ASL
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 09:31:54 AM
Thanks guys...we're going back to the place where we got married, just to spend the night. I'll be without my gaming rig for most of Saturday! It'll be tough...I hope I survive.  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 26, 2016, 09:35:30 AM
JH, congrats, and hope it's a great evening.  ^-^

On the other hand, you could probably bring an Xbox or PS with you. Or maybe a solo board game. Just sayin'.  :crazy2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Airborne Rifles on February 26, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
Congrats JH!

CMANO, Northern Fury 7: Plug the Gap for me.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: MengJiao on February 26, 2016, 09:54:16 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 07:19:38 AM
The Chili Peppers were not.overrated until around 1991 or so!

Homeworld and Rebel Galaxy this weekend, but Attila: Age of Charlemagne and Metal Gear Solid V both sound the siren's call...

Yeah, maybe some Attila: Charlemagne, definitely some Atlantic Fleet.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Rayfer on February 26, 2016, 09:56:08 AM
Great song choice MD....!  More WitP:AE....a game hasn't hooked me like this in a long time.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 09:57:10 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 26, 2016, 09:35:30 AM
JH, congrats, and hope it's a great evening.  ^-^

On the other hand, you could probably bring an Xbox or PS with you. Or maybe a solo board game. Just sayin'.  :crazy2:

Dude, I'm having a major internal battle over whether to even bring my ipad. An xbox or a PS would most definitely be a bridge too far.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 09:59:37 AM
Congrats JH. I recommend bringing hydration only, no wargaming. Other gaming....of course.

Feel better BC. Have you been to a doctor?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 10:07:29 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2016, 09:59:37 AM

Feel better BC. Have you been to a doctor?

I was going to ask...a full week is a long  time to be under the weather. Make sure its not ZIKA!!!! Feel better.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: bob48 on February 26, 2016, 10:09:48 AM
Congrats, JH.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Cyrano on February 26, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
Many returns of the happy day, JH...many returns...

My own beloved is working so the boy and I will game.

Pounding C&C - Ancients into his head under the notion we might run a young person's game at Origins...just something I'm thinking about.

Round II of the PzB Tourney over at the Blitz.

Large PzB dust-up with Doug.

CMAK...I have an honored opponent who will not let CMx1 go.

Winding down a largish PBEM of HoN.

And I picked up CoH2 on the mid-year sale for laughs...
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 10:24:53 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on February 26, 2016, 10:18:32 AM

And I picked up CoH2 on the mid-year sale for laughs...

Its actually not THAT bad. MP someday, maybe?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Bison on February 26, 2016, 10:28:38 AM
Introducing Star Wars Age of Rebellion to the kids.  Looking forward to a little PnP RPG action.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: FlickJax on February 26, 2016, 10:35:07 AM
Bought Heroes of Normandy, Atlantic fleet, Vietnam 65, Warhammer Quest, Wolfenstein the new order and Sorcerer King over last few weeks and yet to play any of them. The trick is playing them and tricking the wife into thinking I have had them for ages. Will probably play atleast one of them  as well as WoT's, marvel puzzle Quest (sad I know) and Cities Skylines.

Oh and grats Jarhead......22+ years here and still no parole ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Cyrano on February 26, 2016, 11:20:58 AM
@JH -- Absolutely.  I'd like that.  I've got and played all the CoH stuff and this bundle was too good to pass up.  That said, my frustration has always been I do really well on the SP stuff which I take (falsely) to be good training for the MP and then get into MP and find it a whole other game. ..at which teenagers are far, far better than I.  Adult company in that respect would be welcome.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on February 26, 2016, 11:20:58 AM
@JH -- Absolutely.  I'd like that.  I've got and played all the CoH stuff and this bundle was too good to pass up.  That said, my frustration has always been I do really well on the SP stuff which I take (falsely) to be good training for the MP and then get into MP and find it a whole other game. ..at which teenagers are far, far better than I.  Adult company in that respect would be welcome.

I'm totally the same way. I stick mostly to SP because I know most MP opponents would not play the game strategically, but would rather play in a manner that exploits the system that makes it a game and not an accurate historical simulation. I like to play to have fun, not to win, per se, so I'd like to play with people with a similar mindset and approach. Is it possible to play co-op against the AI?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: undercovergeek on February 26, 2016, 01:48:59 PM
i have ear to ear and sinus to chest green slime - ive had to steal the Mrs' asthma inhaler to clear the tubes a bit, I couldnt breathe in enough air to expel a cough - cant sleep, lost voice and in general feel like a proper man flu victim and a drama queen for complaining about it

if i could i would be sitting in bed playing KyzBP at WitP AE and drinking brandy through sore crusty eyes

instead ill be running a restaurant, playing KyzBP at WitP AE and drinking brandy through sore crusty eyes

i have a HoN PBEM with Cyrano

and Xcom2 calls me but that wont be til monday, when all you b****** go back to work and i get to lie in bed and laugh, and wheeze and cough green soup out of my ears
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Tuna on February 26, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
Congrats JH!... My stepson and his Fiance are coming home for the weekend from NYC, so not sure how much gaming I will get in.. Barth and MD if you see me on, hit me and we can try some Civ IV.

Still been playing a ton of World of Warships.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 02:19:40 PM
@ Huw: I'm not a Chili Peppers fan by any stretch, but, I'm with Gus.  The early stuff is pretty good.  And Breaking the Girl is a really good song.

@JH: Congrats to you and the Mrs.!  Many more happy returns :)

@Rayfer: thank you, sir!  I never know what people are going to like, so I just pick what I like and hope everyone else is on board ;)

@B_C and geek: feel better, brothers.

@Barthheart and Tuna: same here.  If you see me on, hit me up.  It's quite likely I'll have time to play.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: jamus34 on February 26, 2016, 02:56:07 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 02:19:40 PM
@ Huw: I'm not a Chili Peppers fan by any stretch, but, I'm with Gus.  The early stuff is petty good.  And Breaking the Girl is a really good song.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic is RHCP's best album by far and can stand in its own versus most other top albums. It is almost wall to wall hits.

This weekend will be light for me. Out all day tomorrow. Hoping to get some Grim Dawn, maybe some HoI3 and if life is good maybe I'll finally start "getting" DC:Case Blue
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Cyrano on February 26, 2016, 02:57:27 PM
@JH:  Signs point to yes, re: co-op, at least if I read the promo lit correctly.  Will verify when I return home.  I like how you think...
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: kludger on February 26, 2016, 04:11:17 PM
American Truck Simulator - last weekend I had about 3 other games on my list to play but ended up playing this for 20+ hours, very fun
Order Of Battle Pacific - picked this up in the sale this week, working through the tutorial and really liking it
Destiny - Monthly Iron Banner event is going on, I'll spend a few hours earning the event loot
Pike and Shot Campaigns - another one from the sale this week to try out
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: bob48 on February 26, 2016, 04:25:37 PM
Continue my 'Battles of Normandy' PBEM game with panzerde. Some good old 'Warlock', and maybe try and get back into Elite after I rage quit it a few weeks ago.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Toonces on February 26, 2016, 04:33:42 PM
I wish I could report I'm breaking my mold this weekend, but I'm not.  I'm all-in on the Civil War right now, so I'm hoping to put some time in with Scourge of War: Gettysburg, and maybe try to start learning Civil War 2.

I'd like to revisit a Total War title or Skyrim, but probably won't.

If I my scotch on tonight, CK2 isn't out of the question.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Martok on February 26, 2016, 05:03:41 PM
Congrats to JH and his wife on their anniversary!  Have a good time this weekend.  O0 

BC and geek, hope you guys feel better soon.  (Seriously, BC, you really might want to think about seeing a doctor.  That's a long time to be that sick!) 



Gaming-wise, I remain predictable:  I've been playing some combination of Distant Worlds, Attila TW: Age of Charlemagne, Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5), and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes these last few days; I expect that trend to continue. 

Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: JasonPratt on February 26, 2016, 05:32:51 PM
Happy Anniversary to JH and the wife!

Happy unhealthiness to BC and geek.  :'( Note that drinking brandy through the nose will work better than drinking it through the eyes, geek. On the other hand, the flu will make you sound more Klingon, and thus more badass Japanese, so there's that.


Re: CoH co-op, I would be massively surprised if that isn't possible in CoH2, because it was definitely possible in CoH (I fought with and against my late pupil on that game), as on the Dawn of War series from which CoH was developed.


Tomorrow I get to meet the nieces' new goldendoodle puppy, which I am one thousand percent sure the Bro and Ishy didn't research enough. I bought Niecemus Prime (for whose birthday next month the dog is a gift) a couple of goldendoodle manuals (one written by the woman who first started intentionally breeding them a few decades ago), and when Mom and I were looking them over we kept predicting disaster. My text to Ishy afterward: "Mom and I are pre-reading [the manuals], and they sound disturbing. I mean foreboding. I mean interesting."

So I get to do that tomorrow. I wish I was getting to teach them D&D tomorrow -- I am excessively envious of MD getting to do that -- but there is no way Ishy would allow it. (Bro might; he knows it can be modified by a good DM to suit the audience, since we both played it a lot as kids.)

Presumably I shall also continue being violated by Barth in DC3:Barbie, and trying to find a way off not-Mars in Empyrion, for which I'll have at least one new AAR entry this weekend if not more. (I've got the footage, just need to write it up. And then make more footage.)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 06:00:46 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 26, 2016, 05:32:51 PM


Re: CoH co-op, I would be massively surprised if that isn't possible in CoH2, because it was definitely possible in CoH (I fought with and against my late pupil on that game), as on the Dawn of War series from which CoH was developed.


You want in!? Massive 3 groghead onslaught against evil AI! That would be fun...
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Hofstadter on February 26, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
Going to be a heap of Scourge Of War Waterloo and decisive campaigns case blue

I am determined to take Voronezh WHY IS THAT SCENARIO SO HARD
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: IronX on February 26, 2016, 08:01:40 PM
Continuing on with my X-Com 2 campaign. I was pretty happy that I managed to turn back the Advent tide with only hours left on the clock. But the war is far from over...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2F9e17c54d-7a37-46e6-9c2e-04b456cf6b4d_zpswktmveav.jpg&hash=9b25ce7289918988d0de1f91ce6c5875748acb24) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/9e17c54d-7a37-46e6-9c2e-04b456cf6b4d_zpswktmveav.jpg.html)

And some Assault on Arnhem on the iPad. The Paras have taken the northern section of the bridge at Arnhem, but will they hold out until XXX Corps arrives?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
I am so bad at XCOM2 its kept me from sinking any real time into it. I just find it unforgivably difficult and as a result, frustrating and not a very enjoyable experience. 

But that sure is an awesome screenshot.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: IronX on February 26, 2016, 08:55:59 PM
I feel your pain. I tried four campaigns on the standard setting and didn't get anywhere. So I tried it on the easy level, which for me wasn't really easy, but at least I made some progress. And with that campaign just about to fail too, I some how managed to turn it around at the 11th hour. I don't know how you could possibly win on the harder levels, but I assume it's possible.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: paplan on February 26, 2016, 09:16:52 PM
Not sure how people can't like this from the RHCP.  Great cardio tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADTPb2f_44

Oh, and for me, its Sovereignty, Civ V, and Order of Battle Pacific.

I am interested in seeing the Moo3 playthrough from JH.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: MetalDog on February 26, 2016, 09:35:03 PM
Quote from: paplan on February 26, 2016, 09:16:52 PM
Not sure how people can't like this from the RHCP.  Great cardio tune.

Oh, and for me, its Sovereignty, Civ V, and Order of Battle Pacific.

I am interested in seeing the Moo3 playthrough from JH.

Welcome paplan!  A little burnt on that song, but, it was boss back in the day.  Thanks for catching my back :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Barthheart on February 26, 2016, 10:52:50 PM
Better version of this song.  ;)

Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Sir Slash on February 26, 2016, 11:21:42 PM
The Voronezh Campaign for DC Case Blue is one tough Mother all right. I gave up on it. But I'm just 2 turns short of a win in the German Short Campaign. BTW The 1st Panzer Army linked campaign is another Mother. And generally I like Mothers. But not in this case.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 27, 2016, 12:04:36 AM
Quote from: paplan on February 26, 2016, 09:16:52 PM

I am interested in seeing the Moo3 playthrough from JH.

Hey man...glad you're interested! Part 2 is up, just in time for the weekend. Enjoy!
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Drakken on February 27, 2016, 12:52:19 AM
Aside from issuing turns in my on-going PBEMs with DC:Barbarossa and WITE Bitter End scenario, I'll be keeping trying out CK2 2.5.2 Open Beta for bugs.

Also downloaded all the DLCs for Nobunaga's Ambition : Sphere of Influence. Started the the One-Eyed Dragon scenario to unite Japan as Date Masamune, starting in 1584. 8)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: KyzBP on February 27, 2016, 08:31:29 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 26, 2016, 01:48:59 PM
i have ear to ear and sinus to chest green slime - ive had to steal the Mrs' asthma inhaler to clear the tubes a bit, I couldnt breathe in enough air to expel a cough - cant sleep, lost voice and in general feel like a proper man flu victim and a drama queen for complaining about it

if i could i would be sitting in bed playing KyzBP at WitP AE and drinking brandy through sore crusty eyes

instead ill be running a restaurant, playing KyzBP at WitP AE and drinking brandy through sore crusty eyes


I suggest lots of cold medicine and lots of brandy and THEN work on your turns. O0  It might be the best chance I have.

I'll be trying to keep up with UCG in the above mentioned WiTP:AE pbem.  I'll then try to get the AAR up to date.  If I have time I'll continue on the Long War Mod for Xcom.  I just had 7 of my best soldiers wiped out while assaulting a landed Terror Ship.  I was sooo close too.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Toonces on February 27, 2016, 10:38:26 AM
All I ended up playing is Madden 25 and NHL 13 on Xbox.   :-[
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Raied on February 27, 2016, 02:10:59 PM
I finally got DC: Case Blue in the steam sale, it is my first game by VR design I play, and woow, I think it is the best wargame I ever played!?, cannot wait to get DC: Barbarossa.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on February 27, 2016, 04:57:44 PM
Can you elaborate?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: mikeck on February 27, 2016, 08:57:57 PM
Quote from: Raied on February 27, 2016, 02:10:59 PM
I finally got DC: Case Blue in the steam sale, it is my first game by VR design I play, and woow, I think it is the best wargame I ever played!?, cannot wait to get DC: Barbarossa.

DC Barbarossa is definitely the best chit-based wargame I have ever played. It's not the movement of the chits, supply rules or UI or anything that sets it apart...it's the decisions. Every turn, you are faced with about 6-10 decisions presented as telegraphed requests from subordinate officers and/or your boss. You have various choices to make that affect the game. Everything from whether to divert oil to whether or not to join the nazi party. Most have to do with where resources go. Makes you feel like an actual commander making decisions. Great game
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: JasonPratt on February 27, 2016, 10:39:39 PM
re CoH(2?) Groghead co-op vs the AI -- that should be doable, although I don't know how large CoH or CoH2 mp games can get. In DoW, there could be a max of 8 players whether AI or human. I don't think we ever tried co-oping against more than 1 CoH AI! -- but I never played CoH enough to feel very competent at it. I'm great at DoW1 (though not anywhere near top tier), but I struggle on CoH1.

I also own CoH2 and I think all DLC, but have never played it. I imagine I'd be a bad team mate. Still, I'm willing to try (but not tonight obviously. Just got back from ascertaining that the nieces do indeed smell like dogs now.  :buck2: )
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Raied on February 27, 2016, 11:28:19 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2016, 04:57:44 PM
Can you elaborate?

For me I think the UI is very well done and clear to understand with informative graphical representation for units in each corps/ division, also the game doesn't require so much amount of clicks to achieve what you want to do in your grand strategy (opposite to GG WitE), at the same time it is deep enough to enjoy it as a full wargame experience.
And of course the action cards that gives you certain bonuses adds a lot to decision making aspect.
I have to play more to actually decide if it is really the best wargame, but I am just struck by the stunning game design currently.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Arctic Blast on February 27, 2016, 11:45:53 PM
Well, I spent today playing 'Meet up with local gamers who are buying a bunch of my board games'. Now I'm ready for a game of 'Spend that money on new games that I want'.  :D

Maybe tomorrow I'll play an actual game. Probably some more Victor Vran, or I may dive back in to either The Crew or XCom 2.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on February 28, 2016, 12:19:36 AM
Thanks Raied.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:25:53 PM
had my toughest XCOM 2 mission so far - the UFO interception - like a fool i rushed everyone to get to the beacon interferring with the ships engines and then got stuck on either side of the map trying to get back - everyone bar 3 men on the ramp waiting to leave whilst 3 MECs and a s*** load of advent advance on the ship - out in the grass Gus, MD and Longblade, no way im leaving my guys behind

the 7 at the ramp get ready to sacrifice themselves for the 3 heroes, Bob and Huw picking off targets with sniper rifles and Gus dropping grenades on the baddies, they just ran through the mass of fire and made it just in time - great mission, lost a rookie, everyone else home safe, until the next mission that is
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2016, 05:33:20 PM
^If Jarhead was on the team, the war would have been won long ago. That's what you get for recruiting amateur war-makers.  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:34:42 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2016, 05:33:20 PM
^If Jarhead was on the team, the war would have been won long ago. That's what you get for recruiting amateur war-makers.  :uglystupid2:

you were, you were rendered unconcious waiting for Gus to get his ass across the road, but you were carried to safety so were all safe!!
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2016, 05:47:58 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:34:42 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2016, 05:33:20 PM
^If Jarhead was on the team, the war would have been won long ago. That's what you get for recruiting amateur war-makers.  :uglystupid2:

you were, you were rendered unconcious waiting for Gus to get his ass across the road, but you were carried to safety so were all safe!!

Pics, or it didn't happen. What class am I?
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:49:11 PM
grenadier with the big ass gun - what else was i going to make you  >:D
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Huw the Poo on March 01, 2016, 05:50:14 PM
Well, he does have a big ass and a gun. :D
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:54:10 PM
short of a dragon and welsh flag you sir are sporting a white top, green trousers and a red sniper rifle for the valleys look of 2016
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Gusington on March 01, 2016, 06:22:41 PM
Hey I'm State Guard...I can only do so much. I'm happy I had grenades.
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Sir Slash on March 01, 2016, 06:53:52 PM
You Right-Wing Alien Killers! They're just here to save us from Global Warming.  ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAY the girl
Post by: Huw the Poo on March 01, 2016, 07:24:26 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:54:10 PM
short of a dragon and welsh flag you sir are sporting a white top, green trousers and a red sniper rifle for the valleys look of 2016

Nice.  Good to know I'm as much a style icon in XCOM2 as I am in real life!