GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: W8taminute on June 08, 2012, 12:28:27 PM

Title: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: W8taminute on June 08, 2012, 12:28:27 PM
I.....wanna rock and roll all night....and war game every day!
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 12:50:23 PM
^It's Friday where you are too?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: W8taminute on June 08, 2012, 01:03:14 PM
^It is but not the kind of Friday I would like it to be.  I'm in the mood for some gaming, some good music, and um, er, well you know, hanging with the wife but not talking much.  "You know what I mean Vern?"

Instead, I'm at work wondering when will the clock strike 16:30?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:05:08 PM
Fridays at a sports and modeling agency are even more ridiculous than they sound.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: W8taminute on June 08, 2012, 01:07:08 PM
You wouldn't be taking any photos of sports or models now would you?   ;D
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:09:48 PM
I do a lot more sports than models unfortunately. They really only let the gay men near the female models and have them all locked up on a floor I don't have access to.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 01:14:17 PM
No gay men or female models? They don't let you have any fun, do they?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:17:39 PM
I do get the wench next to me grousing all day and Frank the IT guy.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 01:22:27 PM
Frank sounds fun.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:28:33 PM
Frank is good people. So is Jose, Scott and Jim. I have made a nice little circle of Man Friends. It's the bytoches here that are retards. They are all under 25 and think they are the smartest hawtest babes to ever walk the earth.

Some are hot, like the 19 year old intern with the Ass of Infamy who sits next to me, but most of them are not all that and are some of the dumber people I have met in my life.

And I have met a lot of dumb people. This might have a lot with me being 37 and curmudgeonly but I think that is only part of it.

The douchey sales guys and agents are the absolute worst. I don't plan on spending too long of a time here...not my kind of people for the most part. I have plans.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 01:38:14 PM
I'm 41 and I have to agree that there are a lot of dumb, douchey people in the world. A handful of good ones too, but they're woefully outnumbered.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:44:29 PM
41 eh? You come off younger, like 30. I mean that as a compliment btw.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 01:46:08 PM
I take it as a compliment. I don't feel (or act) like I'm 41.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Barthheart on June 08, 2012, 01:48:16 PM
37? 41? Youngin's.... :P
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 01:51:22 PM
^How old are you Pops?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Barthheart on June 08, 2012, 01:52:18 PM
47 years young, going on 16.
8)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 01:53:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 08, 2012, 01:52:18 PM
47 years young, going on 16.
8)

Gawd you old man! I thought you were younger than me!  :D
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: W8taminute on June 08, 2012, 03:26:05 PM
And here I thought I was the oldest of the bunch at 45.  Gentlemen, I'm afraid we are the last of the smart people left in the world.  Everything coming after us is stoopid. 

Hence the desire for Rock and Roll and war gaming.  At least my old music is smart and so are the AI I fight in my games.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 08, 2012, 05:13:43 PM
Meh!!! bunch of whipper-snappers.............an' me at 63..OK you young 'uns, lets have a little respect here...whut? whut? speak up at the back, there gawdammit.

Mind you, there are a couple of advantages - no paying for medicines (saves a bloody fortune that does), cheap off-peak bus travel, don't need to keep up with latest dress fashions, senior citizens get into stuff like the cinema at cheaper rates, even haircuts are cheaper (if you still have any hair left), and I can justify my eccentricities ( to some extent) because I'm an old git who is a bit past his sell-by date - so cheer up lads, it aint all bad getting old....

Bah - who am I foolin'.............
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Barthheart on June 08, 2012, 05:36:20 PM
See, now I would have put you at about my age. Funny how the interwebs hides our true age.....
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 08, 2012, 06:06:07 PM
Ah, but I have the active mind of a younger man..............especially on the boob threads  8)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Staggerwing on June 08, 2012, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: bob48 on June 08, 2012, 05:13:43 PM
Meh!!! bunch of whipper-snappers.............an' me at 63..

I suspected as much when you mentioned being friends with someone who went on to play with Black Sabbath before they were famous.

Me, I'll always be a year older than Barthheart... at least until the day some chick in chainmail with a sword offers me a ride to the Meadhall in the Sky...
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: TheCommandTent on June 08, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
Not knowing many of you before GrogHeads and as one of the younger members on this forum this is basically how I view all of you  ;D


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2Fdemotivational-posters-crotchety-ol.jpg&hash=4032454ff26b4c41561c998cbcd6b12143418311)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 08, 2012, 07:55:23 PM
Humbug. We have packages bigger than his hump.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 07:55:54 PM
How old are you Tent?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: TheCommandTent on June 08, 2012, 08:15:14 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 07:55:54 PM
How old are you Tent?

I'm weighing in at 26 trips around the sun.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
26??? I can't even look at you.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: TheCommandTent on June 08, 2012, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
26??? I can't even look at you.

I get that reaction alot.......  :)



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2FJealousy_With_Toys_by_Kairi_Danjo_S.jpg&hash=852c40d57e0acfc4de1ee859bee66080afe5df8b)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2012, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 08, 2012, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
26??? I can't even look at you.

I get that reaction alot.......  :)



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2FJealousy_With_Toys_by_Kairi_Danjo_S.jpg&hash=852c40d57e0acfc4de1ee859bee66080afe5df8b)

You misunderstand. Gus means he can't look at you because his vision just isn't that good anymore.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: MetalDog on June 08, 2012, 10:02:15 PM
Me and Mirth have shared the Earth for as many years as the other.  And TCT, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, you may get to where we are one day, too.  Besides, youth is wasted on the young.  Enjoy it while you have it.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 09, 2012, 06:37:54 AM
No matter. I firmly think that keeping your mind active is important, and playing games, both board and electronic, help to do that, and prevent you from vegitating mentally.

Brief pause whilst the old codger nods off..........

Where am I, who are you people......?

;)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Electric_Strawberry on June 09, 2012, 09:25:37 AM
I'm turning 65 in a couple of months.  I tell my grandchildren, when we're talking about what's going on in the world, that one of the good things about being old is that I've seen all this stuff before.  One of the bad things about being old is...I've seen all this stuff before.  "When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?"
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 09, 2012, 10:59:57 AM
^amen brother - I like you, your older'n me :)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Electric_Strawberry on June 09, 2012, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: bob48 on June 09, 2012, 10:59:57 AM
^amen brother - I like you, your older'n me :)

It's hell being ancient  ;D
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 09, 2012, 05:08:30 PM
Venerable is the word you're looking for mate, venerable!


..or is that vegetable...........?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 09, 2012, 07:19:42 PM
Mineral?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Electric_Strawberry on June 10, 2012, 07:58:46 AM
I do veg out on more than an occasion.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: junk2drive on June 10, 2012, 08:34:02 AM
I'm on the cusp of 60 and you will get more curmudgeonly and cynical as time goes by.

There will come the day when a cute young girl smiles at you and holds the door open for you.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
^Really? When?

'Curmudgeon' is my word of the month.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 10, 2012, 02:01:18 PM

"I was puzzled by this too, until, sharing these thoughts with my son, he said, evenly and without a trace of rancour, "You know, it's your not being annoying that's the most annoying thing about you. You're sort of meta-annoying."The cycle, I saw, will not begin again. It will simply advance, like modern art, into new areas of self-conscious annoyance, more ironic ridiculousness, more self-aware embarrassment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18367053 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18367053)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: TheCommandTent on June 10, 2012, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
^Really? When?

'Curmudgeon' is my word of the month.

So this then would be your hero?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2FCurmudgeon_Logo.jpg&hash=6f42f55c80879ed3cab0d1f0b006d31cfb10efd1)
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: junk2drive on June 10, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 10, 2012, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
^Really? When?

'Curmudgeon' is my word of the month.

So this then would be your hero?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2FCurmudgeon_Logo.jpg&hash=6f42f55c80879ed3cab0d1f0b006d31cfb10efd1)

I think this makes a good facebook banner.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: bob48 on June 10, 2012, 05:16:53 PM
^....or, you automatically get one as a Grog avatar when you reach a specified age  :)

Grogmudgeon?
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2012, 07:00:59 PM
^Indeed. I am hijacking that in the name of, well, me. Thank you Tent.

Dammit I can't get that into my sig.
Title: Re: What's happening now (in my world anyway)
Post by: TheCommandTent on June 10, 2012, 07:12:09 PM
^Not a problem.

Please make all royalty checks payable to 'The Command Tent'  I also accept cash.

Thank you.

8)