What's happening now (in my world anyway)

Started by W8taminute, June 08, 2012, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart


mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on June 08, 2012, 01:52:18 PM
47 years young, going on 16.
8)

Gawd you old man! I thought you were younger than me!  :D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

W8taminute

And here I thought I was the oldest of the bunch at 45.  Gentlemen, I'm afraid we are the last of the smart people left in the world.  Everything coming after us is stoopid. 

Hence the desire for Rock and Roll and war gaming.  At least my old music is smart and so are the AI I fight in my games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

Meh!!! bunch of whipper-snappers.............an' me at 63..OK you young 'uns, lets have a little respect here...whut? whut? speak up at the back, there gawdammit.

Mind you, there are a couple of advantages - no paying for medicines (saves a bloody fortune that does), cheap off-peak bus travel, don't need to keep up with latest dress fashions, senior citizens get into stuff like the cinema at cheaper rates, even haircuts are cheaper (if you still have any hair left), and I can justify my eccentricities ( to some extent) because I'm an old git who is a bit past his sell-by date - so cheer up lads, it aint all bad getting old....

Bah - who am I foolin'.............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

See, now I would have put you at about my age. Funny how the interwebs hides our true age.....

bob48

Ah, but I have the active mind of a younger man..............especially on the boob threads  8)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on June 08, 2012, 05:13:43 PM
Meh!!! bunch of whipper-snappers.............an' me at 63..

I suspected as much when you mentioned being friends with someone who went on to play with Black Sabbath before they were famous.

Me, I'll always be a year older than Barthheart... at least until the day some chick in chainmail with a sword offers me a ride to the Meadhall in the Sky...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Not knowing many of you before GrogHeads and as one of the younger members on this forum this is basically how I view all of you  ;D


"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Mr. Bigglesworth

Humbug. We have packages bigger than his hump.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 08, 2012, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
26??? I can't even look at you.

I get that reaction alot.......  :)





You misunderstand. Gus means he can't look at you because his vision just isn't that good anymore.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Me and Mirth have shared the Earth for as many years as the other.  And TCT, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, you may get to where we are one day, too.  Besides, youth is wasted on the young.  Enjoy it while you have it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob