GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on October 27, 2016, 08:34:03 AM

Title: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 27, 2016, 08:34:03 AM
Airboy, MetalDog, Slash, and maybe Longblade are about the only ones of y'all I would expect to know who Gizzard is.  But he had some great quotes :)

QuoteI know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence.


QuoteIn the south there's a difference between 'Naked' and 'Nekkid.' 'Naked' means you don't have any clothes on. 'Nekkid' means you don't have any clothes on and you're up to somethin'.


QuoteBaptists never make love standing up. They're afraid someone might see them and think they're dancing.


QuoteInstead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house.


QuoteThere is something wrong when you wait in line thirty minutes to get a hamburger that was cooked for ninety seconds an hour ago.


QuoteThere's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.


http://www.azquotes.com/author/5948-Lewis_Grizzard
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: bbmike on October 27, 2016, 08:40:12 AM
I also know who he is. I lived in Newnan, GA for a few years and drove on the Lewis Grizzard Highway many, many times.
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: Greybriar on October 27, 2016, 09:04:27 AM
Thanks for the link. The quotes it led to helped brighten my day. O0
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: Sir Slash on October 27, 2016, 09:11:57 AM
Yeah, I always read his columns in the paper whenever I got the chance. He was kind-of Jeff Foxworthy before there was a Jeff Foxworthy. I miss him.
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 27, 2016, 09:16:40 AM
Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2016, 08:40:12 AM
I also know who he is. I lived in Newnan, GA for a few years and drove on the Lewis Grizzard Highway many, many times.

I wasn't sure how far south past DC you'd ventured.
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: bbmike on October 27, 2016, 10:02:02 AM
DC is more of a case of how far north I ventured out of Florida/Georgia. Can't wait to get out of here.  :buck2:
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: Dammit Carl! on October 27, 2016, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 27, 2016, 08:34:03 AM
Airboy, MetalDog, Slash, and maybe Longblade are about the only ones of y'all I would expect to know who Gizzard is.  But he had some great quotes :)

Count me in too; still have a few of his books floating around my Aunt's house I bet.

Miss the old coot - pity he and Garrison Keillor couldn't double team this year's election cycle as I bet it would have been a good read.
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: Steelgrave on October 27, 2016, 10:48:10 AM
I've quoted his "difference between naked and nekkid" line for years now. Classic  O0
Title: Re: Lewis Grizzard quotes...
Post by: MetalDog on October 28, 2016, 06:48:50 PM
My grandparents took the paper and I would read him there.  Sold a few of his books, too.