GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM

Title: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
Feels like I have exhausted my credit card over the last few months and most of the big game titles have been released for the year....is it safe now or is there any other big titles still to release in 2016?  I believe some titles still remaining that might interest people include Strategic Command 3, Planet Coaster, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Watchdogs 2....but is that it?

I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)

Of course we do have to survive all the holiday sales on older games....
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 11, 2016, 06:02:12 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)
+1  >:D
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: MikeGER on November 11, 2016, 06:38:00 AM
you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi68.tinypic.com%2F10hm8vm.png&hash=a0594818887cfadd160e07963f125f3747b55546)

its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: mirth on November 11, 2016, 06:49:52 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 11, 2016, 06:02:12 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)
+1  >:D

Like that's going to stop you :P
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Barthheart on November 11, 2016, 06:52:02 AM
That's cool Mike. I was thinking of getting D-Day at Omaha Beach PC game ..... but rumour has it that I have the board game coming in the mail..... ^-^
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: undercovergeek on November 11, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 07:22:12 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 11, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play

Both already released, at least here in the US.  Tyranny is getting a close look from me:)

I wish I could cut back and I did for awhile, but recently just a number of them have interested me and I have a hard time holding back!
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 11, 2016, 08:20:28 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 11, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play
Not interested in those.

I 100% advocate what you are doing - I just can't seem to manage it
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 11, 2016, 08:52:09 AM
Space Hulk: Deathwing

December 9th
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: JasonPratt on November 11, 2016, 08:56:03 AM
^ This.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Anguille on November 11, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Dawn of Andromeda should come out before the end of the year. I am cautious but it might be interesting.

A live streaming is planned for the 17th of November:

QuoteWe are going to do a live stream for Dawn of Andromeda the 17th November along with the Iceberg Interactive crew. It will be the first time we show gameplay footage in quite some time, so make sure you don't miss it!

Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 09:35:55 AM
Luckily I am not interested in those last few so maybe I will do alright through at least the end of the year.....although one other I forgot if turns out good is the new College Football game from Wolverine....not confident it will, but if it does hard to resist a good sports title.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 12:28:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...

I am probably one of the few, but did not even enjoy the first version.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:33:30 PM
^...
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Greybriar on November 11, 2016, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?

Feels like I have exhausted my credit card over the last few months and most of the big game titles have been released for the year....is it safe now or is there any other big titles still to release in 2016?  I believe some titles still remaining that might interest people include Strategic Command 3, Planet Coaster, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Watchdogs 2....but is that it?

I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)

Of course we do have to survive all the holiday sales on older games....

There will most likely be some more new games released before the end of the year, but you may be safe depending on the genres of games you like to play.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: JasonPratt on November 11, 2016, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 12:28:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...

I am probably one of the few, but did not even enjoy the first version.

I kind of did, but eventually dropped it and uninstalled after probably 2/3 of it?
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Nefaro on November 11, 2016, 05:07:37 PM
There are always a bunch of holiday releases.

Although the rate has probably dropped since the proliferation of Early Access.  Before, the publishers would just push unfinished games out, with an X-Mas deadline, for the sales season.  Now more of them are being released into alpha and beta state EAs before the season is anywhere near.  Which is probably a good thing, on balance.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:15:45 PM
Not sure there are many "big" titles that weren't already mentioned but certainly I am sure plenty of Indie type games lined up...although I think I am pretty safe from buying those since nothing on my immediate radar.  For me, really only two comes to mind.....possibly Strategic Command 3 (unsure) and Wolverine's College Football, if it releases this year and looks decent....of course if some old titles go majorly on sale, can't rule those out:)
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

Correct, I downloaded it this week....just havent had time to play yet, hopefully will over the weekend.  It certainly looked promising when I last played a few months ago.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: YosemiteMark on November 12, 2016, 10:32:14 AM
Be sure to post your impressions of Planet Coaster once you've played it - I'm 95% ready to pull the trigger on it.  My hopes are really high for it, but that also means the potential for disappointment is equally high!
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: bbmike on November 12, 2016, 11:20:16 AM
Quote from: Anguille on November 11, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Dawn of Andromeda should come out before the end of the year. I am cautious but it might be interesting.

A live streaming is planned for the 17th of November:

QuoteWe are going to do a live stream for Dawn of Andromeda the 17th November along with the Iceberg Interactive crew. It will be the first time we show gameplay footage in quite some time, so make sure you don't miss it!

I hope that turns out to be good! (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fplease.gif&hash=79b5fa88c4dbd5efb66763bad0d968825be8d4ef)
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Zulu1966 on November 12, 2016, 12:15:18 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on November 11, 2016, 06:38:00 AM
you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi68.tinypic.com%2F10hm8vm.png&hash=a0594818887cfadd160e07963f125f3747b55546)

its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)

Thanks - didnt realize this was released. Ordered.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Kushan on November 12, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

I bought it the other day. Been dabbling a little bit in the beta. So far I'm liking what I see, although some of the controls are not as intuitive as I'd like. Need more time with it before I can say buy or not but initial impression is good.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 01:42:25 PM
Quote from: Kushan on November 12, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

I bought it the other day. Been dabbling a little bit in the beta. So far I'm liking what I see, although some of the controls are not as intuitive as I'd like. Need more time with it before I can say buy or not but initial impression is good.

yeah, I need to watch some tutorials....even struggling laying down paths and connecting rides.  But it looks great so I think in the end it will be good, if you like these types of games.  I just like to dabble, I will never be able to create the great parks talented people can:(
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on November 11, 2016, 06:38:00 AM
you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi68.tinypic.com%2F10hm8vm.png&hash=a0594818887cfadd160e07963f125f3747b55546)

its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)

Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Nefaro on November 12, 2016, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM


Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?


The tabletop version is a solitaire game. 
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Father Ted on November 13, 2016, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:15:45 PM
Wolverine's College Football

I'm no expert on X-men, or indeed what you chaps call football, but surely he'd win every game?
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Nefaro on November 13, 2016, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on November 13, 2016, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:15:45 PM
Wolverine's College Football

I'm no expert on X-men, or indeed what you chaps call football, but surely he'd win every game?


Bet it's Canadian League, Bub.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: MikeGER on November 14, 2016, 02:55:56 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM
Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?

its a series of solitaire (board)games starting with the classic
D-Day at Omaha:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29603/d-day-omaha-beach
followed by
D-Day at Tarawa: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa
and the fresh
D-Day at D-Day at Peleliu: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67601/d-day-peleliu
...rumors a Iwo Jima is in the making

to check if its up your alley i recommend to watch some of the setup or lets play videos (linked at BGG)
for example, Stuka Joe does an outstanding job here to introduce into the unique D-Day games system itself and the Tarwa game   


btw: this is how i had found about of unknown to me solitaire board games and this series
i watched Unpack/Setup/Playthrough videos of older wellknown DVG games like TAL or Warfighter to get in the mood and then browsed what other solitaire games the reviewer in question also had on his/her YouTube channel and so stumbled upon new stuff...

Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 14, 2016, 05:41:17 AM
Thanks, will check those out....it was hard trying to find any good info on them when I looked.
Title: Re: Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?
Post by: BigBlueFleet on November 14, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on November 14, 2016, 02:55:56 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM
Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?

its a series of solitaire (board)games starting with the classic
D-Day at Omaha:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29603/d-day-omaha-beach
followed by
D-Day at Tarawa: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa
and the fresh
D-Day at D-Day at Peleliu: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67601/d-day-peleliu
...rumors a Iwo Jima is in the making

to check if its up your alley i recommend to watch some of the setup or lets play videos (linked at BGG)
for example, Stuka Joe does an outstanding job here to introduce into the unique D-Day games system itself and the Tarwa game   


btw: this is how i had found about of unknown to me solitaire board games and this series
i watched Unpack/Setup/Playthrough videos of older wellknown DVG games like TAL or Warfighter to get in the mood and then browsed what other solitaire games the reviewer in question also had on his/her YouTube channel and so stumbled upon new stuff...


Man, that series looks like it has tons of potential. Made the purchase. Thanks Mike !!!!  Thanks Decision Games , looking forward to Iwo or Peleliu!