Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?

Feels like I have exhausted my credit card over the last few months and most of the big game titles have been released for the year....is it safe now or is there any other big titles still to release in 2016?  I believe some titles still remaining that might interest people include Strategic Command 3, Planet Coaster, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Watchdogs 2....but is that it?

I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)

Of course we do have to survive all the holiday sales on older games....

There will most likely be some more new games released before the end of the year, but you may be safe depending on the genres of games you like to play.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 12:28:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...

I am probably one of the few, but did not even enjoy the first version.

I kind of did, but eventually dropped it and uninstalled after probably 2/3 of it?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

There are always a bunch of holiday releases.

Although the rate has probably dropped since the proliferation of Early Access.  Before, the publishers would just push unfinished games out, with an X-Mas deadline, for the sales season.  Now more of them are being released into alpha and beta state EAs before the season is anywhere near.  Which is probably a good thing, on balance.

Grim.Reaper

Not sure there are many "big" titles that weren't already mentioned but certainly I am sure plenty of Indie type games lined up...although I think I am pretty safe from buying those since nothing on my immediate radar.  For me, really only two comes to mind.....possibly Strategic Command 3 (unsure) and Wolverine's College Football, if it releases this year and looks decent....of course if some old titles go majorly on sale, can't rule those out:)

YosemiteMark


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

YosemiteMark

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

Correct, I downloaded it this week....just havent had time to play yet, hopefully will over the weekend.  It certainly looked promising when I last played a few months ago.

YosemiteMark

Be sure to post your impressions of Planet Coaster once you've played it - I'm 95% ready to pull the trigger on it.  My hopes are really high for it, but that also means the potential for disappointment is equally high!

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on November 11, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Dawn of Andromeda should come out before the end of the year. I am cautious but it might be interesting.

A live streaming is planned for the 17th of November:

QuoteWe are going to do a live stream for Dawn of Andromeda the 17th November along with the Iceberg Interactive crew. It will be the first time we show gameplay footage in quite some time, so make sure you don't miss it!

I hope that turns out to be good!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Zulu1966

Quote from: MikeGER on November 11, 2016, 06:38:00 AM
you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)


its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)

Thanks - didnt realize this was released. Ordered.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Kushan

Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

I bought it the other day. Been dabbling a little bit in the beta. So far I'm liking what I see, although some of the controls are not as intuitive as I'd like. Need more time with it before I can say buy or not but initial impression is good.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Kushan on November 12, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: YosemiteMark on November 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM
Planet Coaster drops next week....

Yep, picked that up in early access a long time ago...although haven't really played that much.  Hoping it turns out well.

Based on what I've seen, there are lots of tools for creating great looking scenery and parks.  I hope the actual gameplay/park management side is up to snuff.

From my understanding, if you have early access you should be able to download + play the beta, which is running right now.

I bought it the other day. Been dabbling a little bit in the beta. So far I'm liking what I see, although some of the controls are not as intuitive as I'd like. Need more time with it before I can say buy or not but initial impression is good.

yeah, I need to watch some tutorials....even struggling laying down paths and connecting rides.  But it looks great so I think in the end it will be good, if you like these types of games.  I just like to dabble, I will never be able to create the great parks talented people can:(

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MikeGER on November 11, 2016, 06:38:00 AM
you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)


its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)

Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2016, 02:14:16 PM


Never played these games before....how good are they from a single player standpoint?  Is there an official forum somewhere that these games are discussed?


The tabletop version is a solitaire game.