Space Hulk: Deathwing ... which battle brothers are with me to purge the heretics? Multiplayer game on Wednesday.....
Roll call... which of you brothers will join in the purge?
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/ec/b4/aeecb46a0787f82d42a4203abf83ad7b.jpg)
Brother Jarhead heeds the Emperor's call.
Brother Boggit has Space Hulk and Space Hulk Ascension, but not Deathwing, so must pass on this occasion. You're in good hands with Brother Jarhead tho' O0
Brother Pratt may or may not be finished downloading it by Wednesday. ::) :P
(Great meme poster btw!)
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 13, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
Brother Pratt may or may not be finished downloading it by Wednesday. ::) :P
(Great meme poster btw!)
More to answer the Emperor's Call!
What time will you guys be available tomorrow? I am CST, so I should be open to playing anytime after 8:00 CST or before if need be.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 13, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
Brother Pratt may or may not be finished downloading it by Wednesday. ::) :P
(Great meme poster btw!)
More to answer the Emperor's Call!
What time will you guys be available tomorrow? I am CST, so I should be open to playing anytime after 8:00 CST or before if need be.
Most likely not until 2100 EST.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 13, 2016, 06:49:23 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 13, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
Brother Pratt may or may not be finished downloading it by Wednesday. ::) :P
(Great meme poster btw!)
More to answer the Emperor's Call!
What time will you guys be available tomorrow? I am CST, so I should be open to playing anytime after 8:00 CST or before if need be.
Most likely not until 2100 EST.
2130 EST The Emperor Decrees
JH I have you as friend on Steam, anyone who wants to join in just send me a friend request on steam... same screen name.
I havent ever pre-ordered anything. Just picked this up at GMG for $30, do i have to wait until tomorrow to get my key? Cause so far no steam key is showing in my games inventory like the rest of my games. Tomorrow is no good but if you guys get something going on the weekend i'd be in like flynn. Maybe someone can your record your session and post it for the rest of us to enjoy or laugh whatever the case may be ;)
Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
I havent ever pre-ordered anything. Just picked this up at GMG for $30, do i have to wait until tomorrow to get my key? Cause so far no steam key is showing in my games inventory like the rest of my games. Tomorrow is no good but if you guys get something going on the weekend i'd be in like flynn. Maybe someone can your record your session and post it for the rest of us to enjoy or laugh whatever the case may be ;)
I'll do that.. should be up for a game Saturday or Sunday as well. I also got my key from GMG, which has an additional 10% off with WINTER10.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
I havent ever pre-ordered anything. Just picked this up at GMG for $30, do i have to wait until tomorrow to get my key? Cause so far no steam key is showing in my games inventory like the rest of my games. Tomorrow is no good but if you guys get something going on the weekend i'd be in like flynn. Maybe someone can your record your session and post it for the rest of us to enjoy or laugh whatever the case may be ;)
I'll do that.. should be up for a game Saturday or Sunday as well. I also got my key from GMG, which has an additional 10% off with WINTER10.
did you get your key already, mines not showing
Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2016, 09:16:01 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
I havent ever pre-ordered anything. Just picked this up at GMG for $30, do i have to wait until tomorrow to get my key? Cause so far no steam key is showing in my games inventory like the rest of my games. Tomorrow is no good but if you guys get something going on the weekend i'd be in like flynn. Maybe someone can your record your session and post it for the rest of us to enjoy or laugh whatever the case may be ;)
I'll do that.. should be up for a game Saturday or Sunday as well. I also got my key from GMG, which has an additional 10% off with WINTER10.
did you get your key already, mines not showing
Have not yet.... should be posted at time of release.
roger that, thank you.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 13, 2016, 06:49:23 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 13, 2016, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 13, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
Brother Pratt may or may not be finished downloading it by Wednesday. ::) :P
(Great meme poster btw!)
More to answer the Emperor's Call!
What time will you guys be available tomorrow? I am CST, so I should be open to playing anytime after 8:00 CST or before if need be.
Most likely not until 2100 EST.
2130 EST The Emperor Decrees
JH I have you as friend on Steam, anyone who wants to join in just send me a friend request on steam... same screen name.
If I was to stay up until 02:30 GMT it would be the latest I had ever stayed up for a 4 some :P
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2016, 01:44:51 AM
If I was to stay up until 02:30 GMT it would be the latest I had ever stayed up for a 4 some :P
:hide: :-" :DD
Brothers of the 1st Company...
A space hulk has been deposited by the uncaring tides of the immaterial. A hive swarm of Tyranids have already beset the system. We shall descend upon this abomination and purge the Space Hulk of the Heretics. We shall investigate abnormal returns of psychic emanations from within the Space Hulk. The ship is a Dark Angel ship that dates back to the age of Heresy. A ship of our ancestors!
Brothers, retribution is at hand! It is our strength as we are the sons of Caliban! Let fury guide your weapons, let vengeance be your song! We are the Angels of Death, and our enemies shall be purged!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimages%2FDW.png&hash=c3882a074b72e1a1bd5ea83d9dad551c9718845b)
OK. So I'm thinking the Space Hulk has nothing to do with Bruce Banner on a rocket ship. :uglystupid2:
Ahhrrrrr.....
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi66.tinypic.com%2Faaun43.jpg&hash=7c6a2f3f15c2073da7c24b0fdb13b7f08fbf4498)
ol Brother Miguel from the Teutonic Knights couldn't resist and just bought it ^-^
...its WH40K O0 and every room in every ship is unique designed and textured :D
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 14, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
OK. So I'm thinking the Space Hulk has nothing to do with Bruce Banner on a rocket ship. :uglystupid2:
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/4a/ea/9c4aea1ad82bcc1826bc337b96de9729.jpg)
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 14, 2016, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 14, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
OK. So I'm thinking the Space Hulk has nothing to do with Bruce Banner on a rocket ship. :uglystupid2:
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/4a/ea/9c4aea1ad82bcc1826bc337b96de9729.jpg)
Mostly because you said Bruce Banner instead of David Banner. :P
http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/12724/why-was-banners-first-name-and-profession-changed-for-the-1978-television-serie
Could've been worse. He could have been Dick Banner. My 'Banner' is this :hug: big.
Well......................tutorial was good. I hope there's in game help, because I've forgotten a lot of shit already and I think I may get dead soon :-\
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 14, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
OK. So I'm thinking the Space Hulk has nothing to do with Bruce Banner on a rocket ship. :uglystupid2:
That has happened occasionally. It always means Big Trouble for someone.
Don't bother doing the tutorial - it's at the start of a New Campaign anyway
Are you going for the 230 game?!
What's that? ???
First mission intro video
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10662.msg487749#new (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10662.msg487749#new)
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2016, 04:02:42 PM
Don't bother doing the tutorial - it's at the start of a New Campaign anyway
I'm still dl'ing, btw. And will definitely NOT be doing the 2:30 am game, at all, ever.
Do you mean the start of a New Campaign is exactly the same as the tutorial? ???
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 14, 2016, 12:46:36 PM
Could've been worse. He could have been Dick Banner. My 'Banner' is this :hug: big.
OK, stop bragging... :DD
Downloaded and installed. Ran through the tutorial and first chapter. Asid was kind enough to hook me up on his teamspeak server so hope to get a game with some grogs this weekend. Don't know much about the lore but I like to shoot stuff. After Friday I'm off till Jan 3rd :bd:, hoping for a lot of gaming between holiday stuff.
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 14, 2016, 09:47:27 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2016, 04:02:42 PM
Don't bother doing the tutorial - it's at the start of a New Campaign anyway
I'm still dl'ing, btw. And will definitely NOT be doing the 2:30 am game, at all, ever.
Do you mean the start of a New Campaign is exactly the same as the tutorial? ???
Yes - which for me was ok because it helped reinforce some things.
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 14, 2016, 06:14:04 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
What's that? ???
The one that starts at 230 am
No...and just woke up from a lovely nights sleep
I should point out I thought your question was a pointer to how many unfinished games I had - which is probably not far off.
First mission was lots of atmospheric sound, breaking down doors, blocking doors and getting lost. Eventually located some (a freakin whole shed load which seemed unending) Genestealers. Tutorial helped me here because I could get Brother Nahum to heal me and Brother Barachiel
I don't know about the universe or lore, but as a shooter, this is bloody good fun. Reminds me of Serious Sam in kickass armour with kickass weapons and some tactical things thrown in (like blocking doors, hacking sentry guns etc).
So far, O0 O0 O0
The Groghead Chapter..... Brothers PzE, Jarhead, and Deadskin purge the heretics for the Emperor as Asid is our conscious.
melee animation gives me a headache. can this be played in 3rd person?
I didn't see an option for that.
Melee is chaotic and literally swinging shit about without really even knowing if there's anything else coming to you because it's so messy.
I really enjoyed my playthrough last night. I have a question for the 3 that were online though...I never noticed any enemies until a fair way into the first chapter (after finding Gideon indeed) whereas you lot were coming under attack from the start. Is this a level of difficulty thing?
Holy shit!
As someone who still has 1st ed. Space Hulk as well as multiple iterations of Space Hulk videogames, I completely and utterly failed to pay to remotest attention to this game.
Seeing it played just now, I need to turn myself over to the nearest Commissar for reeducation.
For the Emperor!
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 15, 2016, 08:24:13 AM
I didn't see an option for that.
Melee is chaotic and literally swinging shit about without really even knowing if there's anything else coming to you because it's so messy.
I really enjoyed my playthrough last night. I have a question for the 3 that were online though...I never noticed any enemies until a fair way into the first chapter (after finding Gideon indeed) whereas you lot were coming under attack from the start. Is this a level of difficulty thing?
I noticed the same thing. I think because we were human players it threw more at us than normal.
That was a good time last night.
Its a good game. They managed to clean it up a lot in the few weeks they had after the close of the beta. There are still some design decisions that were made that I think detracts from the game, but overall the developer did a yeoman's effort. The environments, effects, and models are outstanding. They totally nailed it all from the lore, everything from the detail on your armor, to the cathedral like architecture and the glowing eyes of the purestrain genestealers. Very immersive.
Movement and control feels right...a lot better than it did in the beta, for some reason. The only problem I foresee is with replayability. Once the campaign is finished, there may not be much to draw you back too frequently. Yes, there is co-op, but all the missions are based on chapters from the sp campaign, so there do not appear to be any random skirmish levels. Also, with no progress being tracked from chapter to chapter, there is little incentive to carry on playing. Your character levels up in combat, opening up new weapons, abilities, etc., but this progress is wiped from chapter to chapter. They may have added a new game mode since beta where there is no progression and everything is unlocked from the start, sort of as a remedy to this complaint.
Anyway, we've got a good corps of GH members who have the game, so playing with friends will definitely improve the experience.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2016, 09:24:03 AM
That was a good time last night.
Its a good game. They managed to clean it up a lot in the few weeks they had after the close of the beta. There are still some design decisions that were made that I think detracts from the game, but overall the developer did a yeoman's effort. The environments, effects, and models are outstanding. They totally nailed it all from the lore, everything from the detail on your armor, to the cathedral like architecture and the glowing eyes of the purestrain genestealers. Very immersive.
Movement and control feels right...a lot better than it did in the beta, for some reason. The only problem I foresee is with replayability. Once the campaign is finished, there may not be much to draw you back too frequently. Yes, there is co-op, but all the missions are based on chapters from the sp campaign, so there do not appear to be any random skirmish levels. Also, with no progress being tracked from chapter to chapter, there is little incentive to carry on playing. Your character levels up in combat, opening up new weapons, abilities, etc., but this progress is wiped from chapter to chapter. They may have added a new game mode since beta where there is no progression and everything is unlocked from the start, sort of as a remedy to this complaint.
Anyway, we've got a good corps of GH members who have the game, so playing with friends will definitely improve the experience.
Really? That's a bit disappointing. Just a bit though...gameplay was a blast.
As for replayability, maybe there will be new campaigns as DLC.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 15, 2016, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2016, 09:24:03 AM
That was a good time last night.
Its a good game. They managed to clean it up a lot in the few weeks they had after the close of the beta. There are still some design decisions that were made that I think detracts from the game, but overall the developer did a yeoman's effort. The environments, effects, and models are outstanding. They totally nailed it all from the lore, everything from the detail on your armor, to the cathedral like architecture and the glowing eyes of the purestrain genestealers. Very immersive.
Movement and control feels right...a lot better than it did in the beta, for some reason. The only problem I foresee is with replayability. Once the campaign is finished, there may not be much to draw you back too frequently. Yes, there is co-op, but all the missions are based on chapters from the sp campaign, so there do not appear to be any random skirmish levels. Also, with no progress being tracked from chapter to chapter, there is little incentive to carry on playing. Your character levels up in combat, opening up new weapons, abilities, etc., but this progress is wiped from chapter to chapter. They may have added a new game mode since beta where there is no progression and everything is unlocked from the start, sort of as a remedy to this complaint.
Anyway, we've got a good corps of GH members who have the game, so playing with friends will definitely improve the experience.
Really? That's a bit disappointing. Just a bit though...gameplay was a blast.
As for replayability, maybe there will be new campaigns as DLC.
This game is prime for DLC. And not just different Chapters. Even though it is the same campaign, it still is a blast to play. I thought it crazy that you can turn on Friendly Fire! I would have killed Jarhead 10x over last night with the heavy.
Re the first mission: the original video-game adaptation (also a FPS, from the days of Doom1!) had several (albeit short) tutorial missions which were pure atmosphere, no enemies. This might be an homage.
Re not leveling up between missions: I don't like how that breaks the continuity. Seems like it would be a better design if players got to earn upgrades between missions for their characters; then there's an option whether to apply them or not. My guess is that the level designers decided it was easier to make fun levels by scaling up the challenge in ways that required leveling up during the mission but starting over from scratch.
If they've done it in a way that the upgrades make sense as temporary upgrades, I won't complain though. E.g., as a Marine gets into more danger his glands kick into gear harder and he can shoot straighter or reload faster or throw psionics farther or harder; then as they calm down, things go back to normal until the next escalation.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 10:33:04 AM
This game is prime for DLC. And not just different Chapters. Even though it is the same campaign, it still is a blast to play. I thought it crazy that you can turn on Friendly Fire! I would have killed Jarhead 10x over last night with the heavy.
Well, it does encourage coordination, communication and teamwork. A well-oiled squad would have designated responsibilities for zones of fire. One Marine will take point, two will guard the flanks and, of course, one will ideally cover the rear. I thought we were good at communicating when we were reloading and needed cover fire. If we play enough, we could get a bit more coordinated and see how things work with FF. That being said, there are so many times where the enemy just totally swarms over the entire team and it just becomes a huge free for all.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2016, 10:53:15 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 10:33:04 AM
This game is prime for DLC. And not just different Chapters. Even though it is the same campaign, it still is a blast to play. I thought it crazy that you can turn on Friendly Fire! I would have killed Jarhead 10x over last night with the heavy.
Well, it does encourage coordination, communication and teamwork. A well-oiled squad would have designated responsibilities for zones of fire. One Marine will take point, two will guard the flanks and, of course, one will ideally cover the rear. I thought we were good at communicating when we were reloading and needed cover fire. If we play enough, we could get a bit more coordinated and see how things work with FF. That being said, there are so many times where the enemy just totally swarms over the entire team and it just becomes a huge free for all.
This is true!
I felt like this last night
^LOL...that is a fairly accurate depiction of how most of our games ended...(https://alienspulserifle.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/imagen-animada-alien-08.gif?w=150&h=103)
I just finished the first SP chapter (on normal) and i liked it ....the atmosphere and immersion is a blast. :smitten:
I allmost forgot about my Psi-capabilities but it saved the day at last moment when securing and hooooooooolding a bridgehead while waves after waves attacking and we were after the 54 min long mission down to zero (re)heals from the medic.
SH:DW has some strategy and tactics about the path you chose to different objectives inside the labyrinth of a vessel (map) and sealing off doors behind you in your path or breaching others. Also i was able to take over sentry gun towers or at least 'activate' them to do some carnage to followers behind when we left those areas ... i heard screams and shots >:D but we were already behind -of course!- a sealed bulkhead so i don't have eye witness prove of that really working
concerning leveling up:
i was asked to allocated 3 'improvement points' in three different branches to spend them for to level up my brothers and my own cababilities ...i expect to see these in the works in the now reaming 8 'chapters' (in the meaning of maps/level)
So a first single player play-through will be estimated at least 9h of real time you get for your money (info for those Grogs on the fence)
Good Show Grogs! Kind of hard to sneak around in those giant metal, stomping suits but-- Grogs aren't for sneaking anyway. Why doesn't someone build a Spacehulk with well-lighted, straight corridors? That would make the whole alien thing much easier. O0
Is that flying skull thing a scout or something, I kept shooting it as it would flash in my LOS.
Quote from: -budd- on December 15, 2016, 01:58:27 PM
Is that flying skull thing a scout or something, I kept shooting it as it would flash in my LOS.
They are Servo-skulls which are robotic devices that provide several functions/roles for the Empire and various Chapters.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 02:01:53 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 15, 2016, 01:58:27 PM
Is that flying skull thing a scout or something, I kept shooting it as it would flash in my LOS.
They are Servo-skulls which are robotic devices that provide several functions/roles for the Empire and various Chapters.
in the game they seem to serve a role of scouting and giving early warning of enemy movement. They also are equipped with torches so they provide a source of light.
i just did an experiment with MP.
you can host a game and join in and start as a single person alone.
well, the trick to stay alive is to do it as the Apothecarius, who as his first upgrade (enuf killings) get the selfheal function (it has a cooldown, so use and time it wisely) ....i came astonishing far in that first try as a lonesome survivor of a squad
Quote from: MikeGER on December 15, 2016, 02:17:23 PM
i just did an experiment with MP.
you can host a game and join in and start as a single person alone.
well, the trick to stay alive is to do it as the Apothecarius, who as his first upgrade (enuf killings) get the selfheal function (it has a cooldown, so use and time it wisely) ....i came astonishing far in that first try as a lonesome survivor of a squad
Yeah. This is how I played the beta. it is frustrating that you cannot add AI squadmates. However, I guess if you did that, than you would just be playing the SP campaign...
Come Purge the Heretics....... In the Emperor's Name
Should have games running this weekend... I'll send you TS info. What time is good for everyone... on both sides of the pond.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2016, 11:01:48 AM
^LOL...that is a fairly accurate depiction of how most of our games ended...(https://alienspulserifle.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/imagen-animada-alien-08.gif?w=150&h=103)
And, for that matter, where
Space Hulk (and the Tyrannids) came from to begin with. :coolsmiley:
Hm. I got to the point in the first mission where the Tyrannids first attack; and reloaded the prior save to see if I could get through it better with using shockwaves occasionally -- and when I did, 90% of the sound permanently dropped out. Reloading again helped nothing; adjusting audio settings in-game didn't rest it either. Had to quit. Presumably when I load in again, the sounds will be back.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 04:41:49 PM
Come Purge the Heretics....... In the Emperor's Name
Should have games running this weekend... I'll send you TS info. What time is good for everyone... on both sides of the pond.
hoping to get some time tomorrow night, probably after 8 PST, probably earlier over the weekend. Do you guys meet up in Asid's teamspeak server? Looks like more action in the first chapter with multiplayer, i went through a lot of the first chapter without firing a shot in SP.
Quote from: -budd- on December 15, 2016, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 04:41:49 PM
Come Purge the Heretics....... In the Emperor's Name
Should have games running this weekend... I'll send you TS info. What time is good for everyone... on both sides of the pond.
hoping to get some time tomorrow night, probably after 8 PST, probably earlier over the weekend. Do you guys meet up in Asid's teamspeak server? Looks like more action in the first chapter with multiplayer, i went through a lot of the first chapter without firing a shot in SP.
budd, hit me up on Steam. We use Asid's TS server. I should be on tomorrow night, if not, I for sure will be Saturday.
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 10:44:23 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 15, 2016, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 15, 2016, 04:41:49 PM
Come Purge the Heretics....... In the Emperor's Name
Should have games running this weekend... I'll send you TS info. What time is good for everyone... on both sides of the pond.
hoping to get some time tomorrow night, probably after 8 PST, probably earlier over the weekend. Do you guys meet up in Asid's teamspeak server? Looks like more action in the first chapter with multiplayer, i went through a lot of the first chapter without firing a shot in SP.
budd, hit me up on Steam. We use Asid's TS server. I should be on tomorrow night, if not, I for sure will be Saturday.
Roger that sir.
Generally, I can make anytime that isn't post 11pm ('cos I'm old) and pre 6am GMT subject to family life not getting in the way.
However the next 3 weekends are out for me... this weekend is probably out for MP because my daughter is down (although I'll get gaming time, I can't commit to a time this weekend), next weekend is out for obvious reasons and so is the following weekend as I'll be in Wales seeing in the New Year with an ex-army buddy and bessie mate.
Everybody's too busy to fight for the Emperor?!!? YOU.... are the true Heretics! :knuppel2:
As MikeGER said, I got 3 points to allocate to specific traits and also was informed of new weaponry that will be available after Chapter 1.
I'm not saying it's as deep as other games out there, but there is some depth to it.
oh...and watch for switching on turrets...if you don't hack them, they will aim for you and your fellow Librarians. I almost had one of my squad killed :DD
anyone up for some multiplayer? I'll start up a server called budd...password=grog if anyone is interested. I'll open asid's teamspeak server once anyone else joins. I have yet to make it through stage one on my own, sooner or later they catch you reloading or jump you from behind. I did stay alive long enough to get 4 upgrades. I'll start it up in 10 minutes, small chore first.
Quote from: -budd- on December 18, 2016, 04:43:27 PM
anyone up for some multiplayer? I'll start up a server called budd...password=grog if anyone is interested. I'll open asid's teamspeak server once anyone else joins. I have yet to make it through stage one on my own, sooner or later they catch you reloading or jump you from behind. I did stay alive long enough to get 4 upgrades. I'll start it up in 10 minutes, small chore first.
I should be on tonight and some tomorrow.
I'm on chapter 4 of the single player campaign and I've started getting frequent CTD's with a "Fatal Error" pop-up. Also, at times my keys and mouse buttons stop responding. Any of you guys encountering similar problems? This only started after the latest hotfix.
I haven't been on for a week or so. I started Chapter two and lost a brother - so I quite aiming to start the chapter again - but - you know - life with added Christmas and New Year.
So I'm not as far as 4 and I haven't started it up since the hotfix (wasn't even aware there was one).
But when I get back to it I'll keep my eyes open - hopefully by then it'll be fixed though.
My problem may have been related to a corrupted save file. I reloaded another one and was able to move past the area I kept crashing on. I'm not on the Caliban's Will in Chapter 5, and although at points my framerate is suffering quite severely, no CTDs and no issue with my keys and mouse.
New 7 gig patch.
Today's patch focuses on additional gameplay variety, as well as fully introducing the Special Missions mode to singleplayer and multiplayer.
Special Missions bring a new level of uncertainty for even the most hardened Terminator squads. Starting a chapter will generate a randomised sequence of missions and Genestealer spawns for a truly unpredictable challenge.
Patch notes- http://steamcommunity.com/app/298900