GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jamus34 on December 21, 2016, 10:21:22 AM

Title: new PC build
Post by: jamus34 on December 21, 2016, 10:21:22 AM
So I just ordered parts for my new PC build.

Nothing special, I typically go 1-2 tech steps lower to save cash.

I5-6600k
Gtx 1070
An Asus MB (I think the z170-a version)
480 GB M.2 HD
16 gig ddr4 RAM

Couple of other bells and whistles. My old box of i5-750 and gtx 760 is still quite capable, I'm putting those guts into a new case to put upstairs for da wife and kids to use.

Any games out there worth grabbing to try to punish the new rig?
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2016, 10:50:21 AM
Witcher III  O0
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: Pete Dero on December 21, 2016, 11:40:15 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on December 21, 2016, 10:21:22 AM
So I just ordered parts for my new PC build.

Nothing special, I typically go 1-2 tech steps lower to save cash.

I5-6600k
Gtx 1070
An Asus MB (I think the z170-a version)
480 GB M.2 HD
16 gig ddr4 RAM

Couple of other bells and whistles. My old box of i5-750 and gtx 760 is still quite capable, I'm putting those guts into a new case to put upstairs for da wife and kids to use.

Any games out there worth grabbing to try to punish the new rig?

Is that the only HD you will have (or is this the SSD) ?  For gaming you would be better off with a couple of TB.

For testing the PC I also would suggest ARMA III.
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: jamus34 on December 21, 2016, 12:37:06 PM
I have a ton of HDD's, and will be grabbing a 4 TB soon. The ssd is os drive only.

I have both games already. Be interesting to see how the performance improves
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: Pete Dero on December 21, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Digital Combat Simulator can be demanding when every setting is maxed out.
 
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: demjansk1942 on December 30, 2016, 06:55:57 PM
The 1070 card will run everything
Title: Re: new PC build
Post by: Nefaro on December 31, 2016, 12:13:58 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 21, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Digital Combat Simulator can be demanding when every setting is maxed out.



Like that on everything.  Needs desperate optimization, which the v2 engine (currently in beta) is supposed to achieve.   If the devs ever get away from their WW2 distraction and finish the damn thing.  :tickedoff: