Main Menu

new PC build

Started by jamus34, December 21, 2016, 10:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamus34

So I just ordered parts for my new PC build.

Nothing special, I typically go 1-2 tech steps lower to save cash.

I5-6600k
Gtx 1070
An Asus MB (I think the z170-a version)
480 GB M.2 HD
16 gig ddr4 RAM

Couple of other bells and whistles. My old box of i5-750 and gtx 760 is still quite capable, I'm putting those guts into a new case to put upstairs for da wife and kids to use.

Any games out there worth grabbing to try to punish the new rig?
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero

Quote from: jamus34 on December 21, 2016, 10:21:22 AM
So I just ordered parts for my new PC build.

Nothing special, I typically go 1-2 tech steps lower to save cash.

I5-6600k
Gtx 1070
An Asus MB (I think the z170-a version)
480 GB M.2 HD
16 gig ddr4 RAM

Couple of other bells and whistles. My old box of i5-750 and gtx 760 is still quite capable, I'm putting those guts into a new case to put upstairs for da wife and kids to use.

Any games out there worth grabbing to try to punish the new rig?

Is that the only HD you will have (or is this the SSD) ?  For gaming you would be better off with a couple of TB.

For testing the PC I also would suggest ARMA III.

jamus34

I have a ton of HDD's, and will be grabbing a 4 TB soon. The ssd is os drive only.

I have both games already. Be interesting to see how the performance improves
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

Digital Combat Simulator can be demanding when every setting is maxed out.
 

demjansk1942

The 1070 card will run everything

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 21, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Digital Combat Simulator can be demanding when every setting is maxed out.



Like that on everything.  Needs desperate optimization, which the v2 engine (currently in beta) is supposed to achieve.   If the devs ever get away from their WW2 distraction and finish the damn thing.  :tickedoff: