GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 09:52:05 AM

Title: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
New York banned pretty much everything that is cool, so what's a gun nut to do? The answer is obvious...buy one of these!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fphotos%2FWW2-XM42-1.jpg&hash=585cb2af852cc16663151f5d09f6332305566ec2)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fphotos%2Famy6.jpg&hash=e14f2e7195e5610967df81eebc382e7b63bb16a9)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fphotos%2Fsmoke2.jpg&hash=11ba09d67acc37ce377656cfa2231d9c3e5060b6)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fphotos%2FfrancisFire1.jpg&hash=408599893faa17e3a886fce6554640cfd384b35e)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2Foverview1.jpg&hash=d402bfa9453d77309b18b129307a819796ff6850)



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fxm42.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2Fspecs.jpg&hash=c73fe3aa4203bb3056c0e01fbc1ecce14667eb72)

My wife still thinks I'm joking. Wonder if she will be laughing when it shows up on the doorstep next week?

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to me!
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: airboy on December 28, 2016, 10:28:40 AM
I feel sorry for you living in New York.  Perhaps when you retire you can move somewhere that allows gun freedom.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 10:31:40 AM
Quote from: airboy on December 28, 2016, 10:28:40 AM
I feel sorry for you living in New York.  Perhaps when you retire you can move somewhere that allows gun freedom.

Retirement isn't the problem. My wife is. She is a Jersey girl through and through and has exhibited great reluctance to leave the northeast. I take her back home to Texas at least once a year to visit my brother and his wife, who both always roll the red carpet out. I'm hoping someday, the idea of moving there will appeal to her. I try to convince her never to say never.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Sir Slash on December 28, 2016, 11:33:45 AM
Damn JH. That ought to get those charcoal briquettes to fire-up real quick next time you BBQ. If BBQ's  allowed in NY that is.  O0
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Is that how you're lighting the Hannukah candles now? :P
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 28, 2016, 03:48:16 PM
Hahaha!  That's awesome (the flamethrower that is)!
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Is that how you're lighting the Hannukah candles now? :P

LoL! I'll totally have to try that! The manufacturer should add that to their list of uses.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
Holy crap
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Staggerwing on December 28, 2016, 07:11:31 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Is that how you're lighting the Hannukah candles now? :P

LoL! I'll totally have to try that! The manufacturer should add that to their list of uses.

Don't leave out Bawb's birthday candles. Think the reservoir can hold enough fuel for all of 'em?
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: MetalDog on December 28, 2016, 07:30:35 PM
That's pretty cool, JH! 
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 28, 2016, 07:11:31 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Is that how you're lighting the Hannukah candles now? :P

LoL! I'll totally have to try that! The manufacturer should add that to their list of uses.

Don't leave out Bawb's birthday candles. Think the reservoir can hold enough fuel for all of 'em?

Not a chance. Each tank only provides about 38 seconds of a continuous sustained blast.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:43:50 PM
Enough to take care of whatever..."targets" you are engaging?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FGreat-Movie-Easter-Eggs-Alien-Predator.jpg&hash=45b8a8589a577217677c126b88cc3549b7163164)
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Staggerwing on December 28, 2016, 09:34:22 PM
I predict that the time difference between Martok reading this thread for the first time and him trying to buy one himself will be measured in milliseconds.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: JasonPratt on December 28, 2016, 09:43:12 PM
As someone who has just spent the afternoon playing the Marine campaign in the most recent AvP, I can testify that flamethrowers do almost nothing but irritate Xenos and cause them to set you on fire.

Not all that great on eggs either. But better than wasting ammo that could be used elsewhere.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Nefaro on December 29, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
New York banned pretty much everything that is cool, so what's a gun nut to do?


Move?

But seriously.. that's bitchin.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2016, 02:09:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 29, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
New York banned pretty much everything that is cool, so what's a gun nut to do?


Move?

But seriously.. that's bitchin.

See reply #2, above.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: undercovergeek on December 29, 2016, 02:19:10 PM
I don't think there's a Hollywood film where the user doesn't go up in a ball of flame

Be careful out there lighting your cigars
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: bob48 on December 29, 2016, 02:20:45 PM
I used to have a Zippo that was prone to doing that. Wooompf!
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Tpek on December 29, 2016, 04:35:58 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2016, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Is that how you're lighting the Hannukah candles now? :P

LoL! I'll totally have to try that! The manufacturer should add that to their list of uses.

You really shouldn't.

But if you do insist, make sure your house if fully insured against fire.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2017, 02:40:20 PM
The unboxing...

(https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15844399_10154618010502702_3668617149906166475_o.jpg?oh=b8fce0ef898b917942d78ad790e4d90e&oe=591C4B60)
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: bbmike on January 05, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
Excellent! Now go find those damned spiders!
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: DoctorQuest on January 05, 2017, 03:14:11 PM
If it was ANYONE else but JH I would say this would not end well.

Have fun!
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Sir Slash on January 05, 2017, 03:19:41 PM
I've got a 'burning' desire to get one for myself. I imagine it'd work great on fire ants. Termites too but the house.....
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2017, 03:19:41 PM
I've got a 'burning' desire to get one for myself. I imagine it'd work great on fire ants. Termites too but the house.....

Wasps and bees. I'm actively searching for hives.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Barthheart on January 05, 2017, 03:54:06 PM
Wasps, sure they're just assholes, but not bees. Bees make food possible.
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 05, 2017, 03:54:06 PM
Wasps, sure they're just assholes, but not bees. Bees make food possible.

...and trees make oxygen...but that's not going to stop me from burning a few of them to the ground.  >:D
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Barthheart on January 05, 2017, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 05, 2017, 03:54:06 PM
Wasps, sure they're just assholes, but not bees. Bees make food possible.

...and trees make oxygen...but that's not going to stop me from burning a few of them to the ground.  >:D

LOL!  :bd:
Title: Re: Jarhead's New Toy
Post by: Emeraldlis on January 09, 2017, 02:47:49 PM
Also good for laying felt on roof .......or torching the lawn ....who needs a mower  :bd: