GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 09:38:51 AM

Title: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
I rang in the New Year by blasting swarm with my lancer playing Gears of War 4. 
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: bbmike on January 01, 2017, 09:42:32 AM
Civilization 6 for me.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: JasonPratt on January 01, 2017, 09:44:39 AM
Mechwarrior Online!  :bd:
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2017, 09:45:27 AM
Enderal mod for Skyrim.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 01, 2017, 09:50:54 AM
I know its the digital game forum.  First game is going to be Ticket To Ride: First Journey with Bayonette.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: undercovergeek on January 01, 2017, 09:58:58 AM
endless space 2

whilst downloading CoH 2 and all the goodies

and i hope to make this year the year of the boardgame - just not sure how yet
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: DennisS on January 01, 2017, 10:08:58 AM
The newly-purchased Kerbal Space Program. I've been wanting this for a long time..finally pulled the $13 trigger.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 01, 2017, 09:58:58 AM
and i hope to make this year the year of the boardgame - just not sure how yet

Buy a game, unbox the game, read the rules, clear table space, punch counters, set up game pieces, and then play the game.  Happy New Year gaming!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: RedArgo on January 01, 2017, 10:17:53 AM
Naval Action
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: undercovergeek on January 01, 2017, 10:30:50 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 01, 2017, 09:58:58 AM
and i hope to make this year the year of the boardgame - just not sure how yet

Buy a game, unbox the game, read the rules, clear table space, punch counters, set up game pieces, and then play the game.  Happy New Year gaming!

well yes there is that, im thinking a bit less wargamey more twilighty/star wars
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 01, 2017, 10:30:50 AM
well yes there is that, im thinking a bit less wargamey more twilighty/star wars

So you need to decide between Darth Vader and metrosexual vampires?  Seems like an easy decision to me...Vader for the win!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Tosh on January 01, 2017, 10:42:55 AM
Age of Gladiators
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 01, 2017, 10:43:39 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on January 01, 2017, 10:17:53 AM
Naval Action

At first I read that as "Navel Action" and was wondering what you were up to!?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: CptHowdy on January 01, 2017, 11:39:35 AM
i was playing the division as the clock hit midnight
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: spelk on January 01, 2017, 11:39:47 AM
Star Trek Online.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Rayfer on January 01, 2017, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.

Same here.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: nelmsm on January 01, 2017, 11:54:26 AM
EU IV
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.

This needs to be corrected stat!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Hartford688 on January 01, 2017, 12:24:37 PM
Steel Ocean - because I saw the other thread here! So a completely new games for a New Year (though the tech tree in SO looks suspiciously identical to WOT).
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Raied on January 01, 2017, 12:24:52 PM
Combat Mission FB
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Geezer on January 01, 2017, 12:25:08 PM
WoW Legion.  Got my first legendary (a ring) this morning!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.

This needs to be corrected stat!

Just broke the seal...Spacehulk: Deathwing.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.

This needs to be corrected stat!

Just broke the seal...Spacehulk: Deathwing.

Nice!  Xbox?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 01, 2017, 12:30:24 PM
Furniture Repair and Reupholstery Simulator: 2017 Edition is on my table right now. Will follow up with The Division later on tonight.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 12:38:56 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Not a damn thing yet.

This needs to be corrected stat!

Just broke the seal...Spacehulk: Deathwing.

Nice!  Xbox?

Negative. PC. Don't think deathwing comes out on console until later this year. I tried finding you on Xbox live. What's your name on there? I found a bison but I don't think it was you.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 01, 2017, 12:40:28 PM
I was watching Iron Eagle when midnight came. Then I started Deadpool hoping the machineguns would settle down so the dogs would relax a little. Finally started tapering off at around 12:30 and I was done for the day.

First GAME, though...I just did a little Knights of Pen and Paper 2 but I might try Ascendancy or Fortune and Glory here momentarily. Actually I'm more interested in putting a primer base on my plastic figures for Imperial Assault at the moment.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: mikeck on January 01, 2017, 12:45:11 PM
Naval action as well. Trying out my free redeemable "Indefatigable" razee frigate.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: MetalDog on January 01, 2017, 12:48:38 PM
Looks like it's going to be Warlock.  MP, of course ;)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: OJsDad on January 01, 2017, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2017, 12:38:56 PM
until later this year.

This just sounds so weird.  I month ago you only have a couple of weeks to wait. Today, you could have 11 months. ;D
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: fabius on January 01, 2017, 01:36:05 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on January 01, 2017, 11:54:26 AM
EU IV

Hearts of Iron 4. I'm still hooked on it despite it's rough edges.

EUIV is consistently Paradox's highest played game on Steam chart. Thinking of picking up 'Rights of Man' before sale ends and letting Hoi sit until next patch.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Tpek on January 01, 2017, 02:03:20 PM
WoW  :nerd:
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 01, 2017, 08:04:21 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 01, 2017, 09:50:54 AM
I know its the digital game forum.  First game is going to be Ticket To Ride: First Journey with Bayonette.

(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/15825772_10108795131088715_411874182860989125_n.jpg?oh=4952bb07694dd092ba4ab59ad02591cf&oe=58E3F77D)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: RyanE on January 01, 2017, 08:14:38 PM
Command...CMANO
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: KyzBP on January 01, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
Left 2016 playing Motorsport Manager and entered 2017 playing...the same.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Toonces on January 01, 2017, 10:27:17 PM
Started with Atari Vault for a few games of Warlords and Missile Command (I suck). 

Rapidly transitioned to Scourge of War: Waterloo where I was immediately pissed off by the whole courier thing.

Bought a handful of DLCs for CK2 (Horse Lords, Reapers Due, Conclave) and then spent a couple of hours in my happy place.  CK2 always does the trick.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Steelgrave on January 01, 2017, 10:38:39 PM
Polaris Sector....still!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: panzerde on January 01, 2017, 10:49:11 PM
Haven't played any computer games yet. First game of 2017 was Pub Battles Brandywine.


(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AxjKucnAGH2x3ecAQCHyc73s90Z7KB-umU2aHCNWCyDVyE2osUl3G7F0i-1TOybHQIfxzEEfgg=w1159-h656-no)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Sir Slash on January 01, 2017, 11:51:18 PM
Alea Jacta Est as the ball came down and the local Idiots Club began shooting guns into the air. The best time to rob someone here is ten minutes after mid-night on New Years Eve-- nobody has any ammo left.  :idiot2:
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Kushan on January 02, 2017, 02:10:18 AM
Last night it was EU4 until about 11:30 when I had my English army stack wiped by the French because the game cheated. Then went and started downloading Cities Skylines mods until I realized it was 12:30 and went to bed.

Finished off the Scots and French this morning and transitioned to Elite before the Green Bay vs Detroit game. Going to close out with some CMANO scenario design.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Hofstadter on January 02, 2017, 02:41:27 AM
Overwatch

Just....beat me over the head till i black out.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: FarAway Sooner on January 02, 2017, 02:54:21 AM
Endless Legend.  I'm not sure how that game didn't catch my fancy when I first got it a few years back.  Maybe because the PvE piece is so boring?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: FlickJax on January 02, 2017, 05:18:05 AM
Marvel Puzzle Quest - sad I know and CIV VI
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Barthheart on January 02, 2017, 06:57:34 AM
Civ VI - won as Kongo on an Earth map at King level with a Culture victory in 1950.  8)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Rayfer on January 02, 2017, 07:54:06 AM
Finally got going....continued to move forward through the Fallout 4 main quest line. Getting close to the end...I think?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: DennisS on January 02, 2017, 10:01:19 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 01, 2017, 12:40:28 PM
I was watching Iron Eagle when midnight came. Then I started Deadpool hoping the machineguns would settle down so the dogs would relax a little. Finally started tapering off at around 12:30 and I was done for the day.

First GAME, though...I just did a little Knights of Pen and Paper 2 but I might try Ascendancy or Fortune and Glory here momentarily. Actually I'm more interested in putting a primer base on my plastic figures for Imperial Assault at the moment.

A couple of years ago, my friend was trying to get me interested in Warhammer miniatures. I went to a couple of gaming nights at a local game store, and got interested. Price to play is very high. But...one guy came in, and wanted to sell his ENTIRE army of Orcs. Probably 200+ pieces, a mix of plastic metal, in two large tubs. I made a phone call to the missus, got authorization to spend, and instant (very large) army.

So...over this last two years, I have base painted, matte black, the entire army. It's now ready for color. You don't have to tell me how much effort this took, to do it right. Color will be even more difficult. Hell..just the color concepts for the army will be difficult. Thank God my wife is an art teacher!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: glen55 on January 02, 2017, 01:24:39 PM
Civ 6.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: MengJiao on January 02, 2017, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
I rang in the New Year by blasting swarm with my lancer playing Gears of War 4.

CloD.  Just the warm-up missions I made years ago.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on January 03, 2017, 05:23:05 AM
We're three days into 2017 and I haven't played anything yet! What's wrong with me?

It will *probably* end up being either EUIV (Because I have a regular MP group who I play with), or Grim Dawn because my friend convinced me to get it and it was on sale.

Then again I might end up testing a super-secret project again today.

If I don't play anything today, I'll install Total War: Atilla at the office and give it a quick go tomorrow because I bought that at the start of the sale in December.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Shelldrake on January 03, 2017, 06:40:09 AM
World of Warships - mainly because I want the Graf Spee and Shinonome. I just bought XCOM2 so that will be my second game of 2017. :)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Bison on January 03, 2017, 04:27:09 PM
I just started Dragon Age Inquistion this afternoon.  I hope to finish it before 2018.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 03, 2017, 06:58:07 PM
Combat Mission:Shock Force - continuing my Highland Games Campaign

This is part of my "clear my back log of fantastic games by playing them" thang  O0
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Sir Slash on January 03, 2017, 07:45:01 PM
My New Year's resolution is to finally finish Pillars of Eternity and fully update Combat Mission. I made the same resolution last year.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: agathosdaimon on January 04, 2017, 10:46:43 AM
Silent Depth the mobile game has bee what i have had the time to play so far - its a good game so far, and with some updates will be all the better.

Also i got an old copy of Gunship - the firs tin the series and it is pretty fun i admit and surprisingly smooth running in dosbox - i mean some of the old games just lacked the frames even when you up the cycles and settings in dosbox, but Gunship is smooth as - it is just weird though how those old MPS games all seemed to be so heavily focussed on using the function keys as main control keys
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on January 04, 2017, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: agathosdaimon on January 04, 2017, 10:46:43 AM
Silent Depth the mobile game has bee what i have had the time to play so far - its a good game so far, and with some updates will be all the better.

Also i got an old copy of Gunship - the firs tin the series and it is pretty fun i admit and surprisingly smooth running in dosbox - i mean some of the old games just lacked the frames even when you up the cycles and settings in dosbox, but Gunship is smooth as - it is just weird though how those old MPS games all seemed to be so heavily focussed on using the function keys as main control keys

Spooky - one of my guys just reviewed that over on Pocket Tactics. My first game turned out to be EUIV after-all - we spent three hours basically fighting a war with the Ottomans, Bohemia & France.

I was Muscovy, and my two friends were controlling Hungary and The Mamluks respectively. Mamluks basically spent the whole war slowly taking the Ottoman territories in Asia Minor, eventually taking Constantinople. My first priority was to take over the Crimea area (which the Ottomans had annexed), while the Hungarian player's only job was to not die.

Was a very tense affair, but we managed to knock Bohemia out of the war after they sent all their armies to Russia. The ottomans ignored the Mamluks for the most part, even after Constantinople fell, but we managed to keep on top of their armies. Unfortunately the French, who'd spent most of the war fighting the English, eventually turned up, but we'd managed to get enough Warscore to each get a province so at least that was something.

Next day I played some Grim Dawn with some other friends - it's not bad, very Diablo-esque but in a good way (at least, better than D3)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2017
Post by: Anguille on January 06, 2017, 12:05:11 PM
I barely could play anything since sunday but the first game i played this year as been:

Rise & Fall: Civilizations at war

Playing the Alexander campaign. Great game and innovative with the combination of rts and Hero-mode.