GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: mirth on March 31, 2017, 07:45:49 AM

Title: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: mirth on March 31, 2017, 07:45:49 AM
This is kinda huge for the DCU

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/movies/joss-whedon-batgirl-movie.html?_r=0 (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/movies/joss-whedon-batgirl-movie.html?_r=0)
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: bbmike on March 31, 2017, 08:09:14 AM
And he's already revealed the first image of his re-imagined Batgirl's Batcycle!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fbatcycle.jpg&hash=77f885cc7758ff92e2aef61182497585779f7dec)
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: JasonPratt on March 31, 2017, 08:42:28 AM
...so, that chick is hot?  ???

(Or was that supposed to be a chocobo joke?)


Yeah, I saw the news go by yesterday about Joss Whedon Batgirling for the DCMU (or DCCU or whatever it's called, I've forgotten). I suspect "Batgirl" would be rather disconnected from "Batman" in the film series, but maybe that's just as well.

I'm glad for him that he's excited about doing it, but... man, that's a foundering ship.
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: mirth on March 31, 2017, 08:56:52 AM
Just so long as Batman and Batgirl don't boink like they did in that Killing Joke adaptation.
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: mirth on March 31, 2017, 08:59:53 AM
And I think it's the "DCEU" not that I really give a crap.
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: bbmike on March 31, 2017, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 31, 2017, 08:42:28 AM
...so, that chick is hot?  ???

(Or was that supposed to be a chocobo joke?)
...

Sounds like you missed the discussion in the Anti-Productivity Thread (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8550.135) starting with mirths post #138.  :P
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: mirth on March 31, 2017, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 31, 2017, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 31, 2017, 08:42:28 AM
...so, that chick is hot?  ???

(Or was that supposed to be a chocobo joke?)
...

Sounds like you missed the discussion in the Anti-Productivity Thread (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8550.135) starting with mirths post #138.  :P

ahhh...good times
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: JasonPratt on March 31, 2017, 10:34:07 AM
That's a reasonable explanation. I have enough anti-productivity in my life already, so I routinely skip that thread.  O:-)

Quote from: mirth on March 31, 2017, 08:59:53 AM
And I think it's the "DCEU" not that I really give a crap.

That rings a bell. And also makes sense, because it makes no sense as an abbreviation for a cinematic continuity but DC didn't want to look like they're copying the MCU even though they're desperate to catch up farming cash the same way -- so of course they'd choose "extended" or "expanded" or "entertainment" or whatever the E stands for.

(Joking, I remember it's "extended" now that I've seen the acronym again. But it could be any of several other things that are blandly undescriptive.)

Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: JasonPratt on March 31, 2017, 10:35:27 AM
Quote from: mirth on March 31, 2017, 08:56:52 AM
Just so long as Batman and Batgirl don't boink like they did in that Killing Joke adaptation.

To be fair, this was heavily implied in the DCAU, too. It's just that the KJ adaptation was as tone-deaf about it as in almost anything else it was doing.
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: Sir Slash on March 31, 2017, 11:02:55 AM
Any bets that the Batgirl motorcycle will be named, "Serenity"?
Title: Re: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie
Post by: bbmike on March 31, 2017, 11:19:19 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 31, 2017, 11:02:55 AM
Any bets that the Batgirl motorcycle will be named, "Serenity"?

"Senility"