Tomorrow's free...
Plan to play mostly:
Civilization V's campaign with the Aztecs....maybe my first victory?
Want to go through the tutorial of
Polaris Sector and play one game.
Finally returning to Witcher 3 for a while.
4 day weekend here and my wife is out of town for 2 weeks since last Monday. :D
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJsDad... soon the ass whooping will be done... OJsDad's ambush has crushed my Red Tide.... this time.....
PBEM DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason.... 3 turns down... more pockets to be made and broken....
More Steel Division... great fun.. might try the German next. I need to play with the replay some more to see if I can get some good pics or vids out of it.
Yard work... spring has finally arrived... yay?
New roof fabric for the Miata to install... should be fun.... :P
Happy Easter to everyone, and the end of Passover week next Tuesday for that matter!
I'll be fighting "Taxes" and "Nasty Allergy HeadCold" more than game playing at this rate. :P :buck2:
If I get any energy, and can see through the snot in my eyes, I'll be working up the episode for Turn 3 in my AAR series vs Barth on DC1:Blitz; and, presumably, trying to play Turn 4 when I get it back from him.
Sent it back last night. :)
Now that I have my 2TB hard drive installed I will probably be finishing up my IL-2 1946 B.A.T. install and trying to get some stick time in.
I need to finish up my "Learning to Fly" course from Sporty's. I am on the last volume (7).
I enjoyed that wee song Anguille
I can't imagine it'll be anything other than F1 2016 and Ghost Recon:Wildlands
Unless I get Steel Division
Oh - and I WILL complete my Su-27 1/72 model this weekend
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FModels%2FRevell%2520Su-27%2520SM%2520Flanker%25201-72%2FIMAG2159_zpsu2ovoxwz.jpg&hash=f1fd5ba7d73172abefcdafd79c0d42105c981c6b) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Models/Revell%20Su-27%20SM%20Flanker%201-72/IMAG2159_zpsu2ovoxwz.jpg.html)
Actually as I have Steam on my mobile I actually just bought Steel Division so it will be getting an airing this weekend! L:-)
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2017, 08:32:31 AM
...
Actually as I have Steam on my mobile I actually just bought Steel Division so it will be getting an airing this weekend! L:-)
:clap:
Quote from: Barthheart on April 13, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2017, 08:32:31 AM
...
Actually as I have Steam on my mobile I actually just bought Steel Division so it will be getting an airing this weekend! L:-)
:clap:
attaboy!
I love the adoration of a fallen soldier on these forums :DD
Going to be trying out Steel Division this weekend. Also need to get Viticulture, D-Day at Omaha Beach, Fire in the Lake and a couple of others to the table (depending on which rules I get read beforehand).
I bought that player unknown battle ground thing.
It's actually really enjoyable, and gets super tense towards the end. The optimisation is awful, fps drops are Wild. But a recent patch seems to have helped it for me for some reason.
Going to try the German side of decisive campaigns Barbarossa. Eventually it will just end with a single aar video on YouTube of me weeping for 5 minutes.
Non gaming wise, I'm starting up a herb garden, bought a ton of seeds and gardening equipment. I want to work with fresher herbs in my cooking since I'm kind of rocketing up in technical skill.
No weeping!
Is gentle sobbing okay?
I suppose but try to get a hold of yourself.
Quote from: Hofstadter on April 13, 2017, 11:30:47 PM
...
Non gaming wise, I'm starting up a herb garden, bought a ton of seeds and gardening equipment. I want to work with fresher herbs in my cooking since I'm kind of rocketing up in technical skill.
Combine gaming and gardening and plant the herbs in position lines like the ones on battle maps. Re-create the battle of Gettysburg (http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/gettysburg/maps/battle-of-gettysburg.jpg) using basil for the north and chives for the south. ^-^
The Chives shall rise again!
Quote from: mirth on April 14, 2017, 08:33:26 AM
The Chives shall rise again!
But only in the spring.
Good one bbmike!
I got the HOTAS set up, so thinking of some more Wings over Flanders Fields and BMS Falcon.
I'd like to play some sort of wargame, maybe Scourge of War: Gettysburg or Civil War II.
Oi, If I'm doing any battle with herbs. It's going to be the fight against the hougoumont at Waterloo with Tarragon and chervil against Rosemary and Sage
DO YOU PEOPLE NOT KNOW ME AT ALL
Playing "Daughters Volleyball Tournament in Orlando" this weekend but brought the laptop. Going to dig into AGEOD "end of all wars" and maybe some Wars of Succession beta
Taking a break from CSME pbem and switched to the Panzer Battles demo for pbem, I'm playing Germans blitzkrieging France. Looks like the weather may be half way decent so I'll decend into the yard, first time this year so it will be messy. Bike ride to breakfast with my daughter in the morning before the yard work, after that nothing, my back hurts just thinking about all the weeds, Moss raking and general clean up. Might throw in some PAMELA or WITE also, depends on what patches come out for what game, hear the 7 days to die alpha16 isn't far away.
I been busy helping Cesar whip-up on Pompey in Alea Jacta Est where we just landed in Asia Minor and found Pompey's whole army waiting for us. Who talked dammit? Anyway, my Boy Julius pulled-out a win against a much larger army as you can see in the screenie. After this close call, I'm taking a break for something a little less frightening like real life this weekend. And maybe some Easter Egg hunting. Happy Easter and Passover to all my Grog Brothers.
Quote from: Gusington on April 14, 2017, 08:18:46 AM
I suppose but try to get a hold of yourself.
In public?
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 14, 2017, 10:59:55 AM
I been busy helping Cesar whip-up on Pompey in Alea Jacta Est where we just landed in Asia Minor and found Pompey's whole army waiting for us. Who talked dammit? Anyway, my Boy Julius pulled-out a win against a much larger army as you can see in the screenie. After this close call, I'm taking a break for something a little less frightening like real life this weekend. And maybe some Easter Egg hunting. Happy Easter and Passover to all my Grog Brothers.
Holy Pluto!
:o
Outnumbered over 5-to-1 and slaughters them. That was quite a trick!
I'd LOVE to take credit for it but, it was all Julius. And some damn tough troops.
Public/private - at this point does it really make a difference?
Quote from: Gusington on April 14, 2017, 12:55:25 PM
Public/private - at this point does it really make a difference?
Only to HR.
Yeah and everyone hates them anyway. So have at it.
Very little gaming for me. I have to go out of State to support my wife making end of life decisions for her parents. Most everyone goes through this and Easter makes it a little easier.
Quote from: airboy on April 14, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
Very little gaming for me. I have to go out of State to support my wife making end of life decisions for her parents. Most everyone goes through this and Easter makes it a little easier.
Damn man...not sure anything makes it a little easier.
Wishing the best for you and family.
My wife and I have had to deal with that subject with her mother and step-father and it is very tough. We tried to keep in mind what we would want for ourselves and what they would want us to do for them and how they would want to be treated in final days here. Give everybody some time to get over the shock and the painful subject, and then most people will generally come to some common thoughts and feelings of the best way to work together to do what is really in the best interest of the ones most affected. Prayers for you and your loved ones now Airboy.
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 14, 2017, 10:59:55 AM
I been busy helping Cesar whip-up on Pompey in Alea Jacta Est where we just landed in Asia Minor and found Pompey's whole army waiting for us. Who talked dammit? Anyway, my Boy Julius pulled-out a win against a much larger army as you can see in the screenie. After this close call, I'm taking a break for something a little less frightening like real life this weekend. And maybe some Easter Egg hunting. Happy Easter and Passover to all my Grog Brothers.
Congrats! Another game I have on my desktop that I have not played.
Quote from: airboy on April 14, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
Very little gaming for me. I have to go out of State to support my wife making end of life decisions for her parents. Most everyone goes through this and Easter makes it a little easier.
I know relevant this season is for you from our conversations online over the years.
I wish you and your family the best, and I'm glad that you and yours can get some comfort from Easter and all it represents.
I played the crap out of WOFF tonight. My goodness, but now I can see why those guys had such a short lifespan.
So I went through about 5 different pilots tonight. On the last go-through, I had re-enlisted, again, as a German mid-rank fighter pilot flying for Jasta Bolke, Jasta-2. I was on my third mission, and everything was lining up just right, and this Brit pilot pulls right into me, from a ways out, not like fangs out just yet. I mean, I was even trying to avoid the collision!
I'm going to turn perma-death off for a while. I'm trying to fly through Bloody April, but damn, it is a bit too bloody!
So, I flew about 20 sorties, but haven't really accomplished much. The game is hella-hard.
Quote from: airboy on April 14, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
Very little gaming for me. I have to go out of State to support my wife making end of life decisions for her parents. Most everyone goes through this and Easter makes it a little easier.
Crap, I'm sorry. That's a decision we had to make with my mom just before Christmas 2 years back. Never easy, but you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.
Doing me a little PBEM Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided with a buddy. Trying frantically to mobilize the Russian reserves before the German Hammer lands on me (it's currently Winter 1940 and France is set to fall in the Spring--and then I suspect I'm up next on the appetizer list!). Hopefully a Yugoslavian coup will distract the Germans for one or two turns more...
Also planning to do a little Stellaris at some point. But if I crack it open right now, I'm not going to bed until far too late for a family weekend!
Quote from: airboy on April 14, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
Very little gaming for me. I have to go out of State to support my wife making end of life decisions for her parents. Most everyone goes through this and Easter makes it a little easier.
I'm dealing with similar issues with my mother. Not quite end-of-life yet, but for the last two years it's been a succession of issues that are leading to an inevitable conclusion. Yes, it's something that many of us go through. At my age, my conversation with my peers is as much about the state of our parents as it is about our children.
Between taking care of my mom this weekend and getting caught up on my life after being TDY for over two weeks, I'll be lucky if I get 15 minutes for my game. I'm almost done with an ASL scenario that I need to play out.
Quote from: Toonces on April 15, 2017, 12:10:11 AM
I played the crap out of WOFF tonight. My goodness, but now I can see why those guys had such a short lifespan.
So I went through about 5 different pilots tonight. On the last go-through, I had re-enlisted, again, as a German mid-rank fighter pilot flying for Jasta Bolke, Jasta-2. I was on my third mission, and everything was lining up just right, and this Brit pilot pulls right into me, from a ways out, not like fangs out just yet. I mean, I was even trying to avoid the collision!
I'm going to turn perma-death off for a while. I'm trying to fly through Bloody April, but damn, it is a bit too bloody!
So, I flew about 20 sorties, but haven't really accomplished much. The game is hella-hard.
I recall having to always be ready to run, and having to keep the SA required to make that decision early enough, in WOFF. :smitten:
Seemed like the player's AI flight buddies would often scatter and run after getting attacked too. So getting too greedy & sticking around for long can quickly get you outnumbered in a dogfight too.
Would have said it be a lot of Stellaris until last night/very early this morning. Had a great ironman game going. Set the game up with 2-3 advanced AI starts and had it set to no advanced neighbors. Well apparently no advanced neighbors means that they can still be on the next spiral arm in a spiral galaxy. Of course I would get a superior in every category for me as a neighbor, even with the setting turned off (Can you tell I'm a bit bitter? >:(). And of course they hated my guts, but they seemed to be content with ignoring me, so I just went about my business. Things were going pretty well, was up to 9-10 colonies, tech was starting to get rolling, and my fleet strength was coming up. That's when I decided to pick off a small 3 system empire to my north. They were rivals, they were weak compared to me. Year or so after I declare war, Advanced neighbor decided they've had enough of me and declares war on me. Decided they don't want all of my empire, just 3/4 of it, including my homeworld. Show up in my sensor range with a fleet of 5k. With my fleet of 2k+ by this point wasn't even worth continuing and I rage quit and deleted the save. Really hate staying up till the early hours of the morning just for a game to give me the middle finger. After that I wen't and cooled off before bed by playing with HVPs and lasers in the CMANO internal beta.
Today and the rest of the weekend is likely to be more CMANO. Mainly trying to finish up my Operation El Dorado, 1986 scenario, with generous amounts of The Division, Ghost Recon, and Steel Division thrown in.
I had to stop playing with advanced empires in Stellaris. No matter how I worked the selections, they ALWAYS Ended up next to me, always hate me and always attack with like a 4K fleet when my combined ships would make a 2k. Now, everyone starts at the same tech and the advanced empires are at zero.
After this I'm probably done with them. The one area I feel Stellaris is still lacking is control over the game set up. I'd really like something similar to Distant Worlds and have the ability to actually set the starting tech/size of advanced empires, more fine control over where in the galaxy empires start, etc. I'd even like to be able to set up all those things for the player. There's probably a mod that does this but I haven't looked.
Quote from: mikeck on April 15, 2017, 01:24:38 PM
I had to stop playing with advanced empires in Stellaris. No matter how I worked the selections, they ALWAYS Ended up next to me, always hate me and always attack with like a 4K fleet when my combined ships would make a 2k. Now, everyone starts at the same tech and the advanced empires are at zero.
I had the same experience...set them at zero now.
Purchased Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear and Ghost Division from the Matrix Easter Sale. I'd poked around them for a while so why not. Now, with the two Decisive Campaigns games, I think my dance card will be full until TOAW IV arrives.
No reason not to buy a boardgame meanwhile. I'll probably finally buy my first CoH game there as well. The Poland 1939 Price of Honour looks like the one. Winged Hussars! I'll blame Jason Pratt for that purchase, should my wife start questioning what's with all the games again :smitten:
This weekend will be Decisive Campaigns 1 Fall Weiss scenario, and kicking at the CoH tires.
Couldn't help myself, started another Stellaris solo game late last night. Still playing with Roman theme but I'm changing things up from my last game as an Imperial Empire and playing as a Egalitarian Militarist Citizen Republic this time around. Not very far in, home system and few of the surrounding systems surveyed. Home system is pretty well off 5 energy and 8 minerals. Also, no advanced AI starts this time around but I still have a few fallen empires.
I didn't get any DC1 done at all -- mostly sneezed, taxed, and Easter'd this weekend. And lost repeatedly with my Luftlander division in Steel Divisions beta.
I played about 6 hours of The Witcher 3 in glorious, beer addled solitude.
Well, i did play some CIV V, some Polaris sector and a lot of Master of Orion CtS (which wasn't planned but i really like the game).